Chelsea 0 Brentford 2

JaneB

1 hour ago, chara said:

Agree,,and me too...5-30am here not so much the early rising but all the morning chores have to be done makes it almost impossible to watch all game so a recording/replay it has to be.

Back in the Dark Ages the 3pm KO allowed for the almost obligatory Saturday half working day...made sense then and to me still does for different reasons,

5:30am ouch! Record it and go on radio-silence has got to be the way to go. To get all my Saturday stuff sorted means 6:30am out of the pit. 

Ruins the whole day, unless you decide you are going out, out - that's probably the only thing a 12:30pm kick-off is good for. But that's for others, my power of recovery is very limited these days.

And the Saturday shift - back in the day the Irish lads used to call if the taxman's shift! These days it's Friday and Saturday for them.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, chara said:

Agree,,and me too...5-30am here not so much the early rising but all the morning chores have to be done makes it almost impossible to watch all game so a recording/replay it has to be.

Back in the Dark Ages the 3pm KO allowed for the almost obligatory Saturday half working day...made sense then and to me still does for different reasons,

What "morning chores" do you have to do that can't wait?.

You'r letting the og's down my friend.You you are at an age when you should just loaf (with the exception of moderate activity to please the wife!)with no itinerary.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

What "morning chores" do you have to do that can't wait?.

You'r letting the og's down my friend.You you are at an age when you should just loaf (with the exception of moderate activity to please the wife!)with no itinerary.

Now..that is true kev but...I'm first up,,,and first a cup of tea for Mrs C ..... Start coffee,(coffee snob so fresh ground beans and french press),then the frivolous stuff starts!......set fire....clear fire bring in wood...we have the first snow forecast for tomorrow so maybe need to clear door access ..three dogs to set free,,not all at once for reasons.... and on....prep kitchen...prep dog food...feed dogs...not all at once......Mrs C takes over,,does bfast then I start the loaf cycle as you describe but that first hour/half takes out most of any early KO and that's without any additional hassles that arise first thing..this morning some grass throw up in dog kennel....so rather than have the game on and piece meal catch better to record when possible if on regular tv..as it is tomorrow....watch from about 8 without knowing the score..a hard discipline!..see Bob and Terry!

Tough on the Frontier!

You'r hen pecked.First up and supplying mrs c with a cup of tea?

Does she ever get up and supply you with a cup of tea?

I'm only jesting mate.we've been married 37 years and we need space

Again only joking but I have planned  a 6 month trip in asia on my own. 

For several reasons we have been joined at the hip lately and we need space.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

You'r hen pecked.First up and supplying mrs c with a cup of tea?

Does she ever get up and supply you with a cup of tea?

I'm only jesting mate.we've been married 37 years and we need space

Again only joking but I have planned  a 6 month trip in asia on my own. 

For several reasons we have been joined at the hip lately and we need space.

No sweat kev, taken as meant,,,but just to clarify,,,in 2016 I was very ill..first time ever and only made it through I think because I'd always been fit...Mrs C made a 100 mile round trip every day for all the time I was in hospital...waited on me hand and foot as I recovered at home...since we have been married I have had two knee replacements ..thanks to playing injuries..she took care of me through all my rehab..... a cup of tea every morning is scant reward for that sort of care 😁

• Love 1

16 hours ago, paulw66 said:

James on the bench, Broja out, and Nkunku could be available after the next international break.

Sanchez, Gusto, Disasi, Silva, Colwill, Caicedo, Enzo, Palmer, Sterling, Mudryk, Jackson would be my time, assuming Disasi is fit 

I was more shocked to hear we have ANOTHER international break this year!

1 hour ago, chara said:

No sweat kev, taken as meant,,,but just to clarify,,,in 2016 I was very ill..first time ever and only made it through I think because I'd always been fit...Mrs C made a 100 mile round trip every day for all the time I was in hospital...waited on me hand and foot as I recovered at home...since we have been married I have had two knee replacements ..thanks to playing injuries..she took care of me through all my rehab..... a cup of tea every morning is scant reward for that sort of care 😁

Well said Sir!

If you have FIFA in charge, a body whose income is reliant on international football, it's no surprise if they mandate as many internationals as is consistent with the aim of increasing their revenue. FIFA really, really care about international football.  

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Horrifying isn't it ?

Does anyone actually care about International football these days?

I know I dont.

Nope, very little interest nowadays. I love an international tournament in the summer to be fair, but other than that my interest is almost at zero now… they’ve ruined it with far too many needless games.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

If you have FIFA in charge, a body whose income is reliant on international football, it's no surprise if they mandate as many internationals as is consistent with the aim of increasing their revenue. FIFA really, really care about international football.  

More specifically to get to FIFA leadership you need a lot of votes.
There are 211 members.
So if you wonder why there is no pre-qualification for WC pre-liminary rounds and  England is playing the likes of Albania, Andorra and Vatican city in consecutive games - that is why.

Used to be that jack Warner would collect the small votes up and grant them to whoever paid him the most, not sure how it works now, perhaps they all have their own gofundme accounts.
But not that the only big nations to have played friendly games in Trinidad and Tobago all hosted WCs a couple of years before or after except England who's bid STILL got turned down.
(We are as bad as the rest)

6 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Apparently Mudryk and Enzo have picked up minor injuries and aren’t being risked, 

Confirmed by Poch (below) - really few quality attacking options on the bench, slightly worrying as we don't have a plan B. Regardless, really looking forward to the match, let's go lads.

On absence of Enzo Fernandez and Mykhailo Mudryk: "Both of them felt a small muscle strain yesterday, but I hope they will be available for the bext game. It's not a big issue, should be fixed in the next few days. We are going to miss both of them as they are very good players, but we have a very big squad to cope with that.

"Yes maybe [the arrival of the new baby for Enzo Fernandez] was the reason he could not train and felt uncomfortable yesterday. But he is going to rest now and recover as quick as possible.

• Like 1

I will make the mind blowing prediction that we will win this match but that Sanchez will let in at least one goal.

There was a time when all the GK's in the PL were top draw, I barely thought about them.

I'm not knocking Sanchez personally but he's not nearly good enough is he ☹️

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I will make the mind blowing prediction that we will win this match but that Sanchez will let in at least one goal.

There was a time when all the GK's in the PL were top draw, I barely thought about them.

I'm not knocking Sanchez personally but he's not nearly good enough is he ☹️

It’s because goalkeepers used to be coached to prevent the ball going in the net, they’re now expected to do that and also be a sweeper and be good with their feet etc.

Give me Petr Cech over Allison or Ederson all day, any day and any time.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It’s because goalkeepers used to be coached to prevent the ball going in the net, they’re now expected to do that and also be a sweeper and be good with their feet etc.

Give me Petr Cech over Allison or Ederson all day, any day and any time.

This is a good point. A bit like how fullbacks are expected to provide the majority of width in many systems and act as a main attacking outlet while also defending well. Or how centre backs need to be able to play  Pirlo-esque passes. Or strikers are expected to be an attacking pivot to hold up, release and chase the ball while also dragging defenders off their positions. Haaland is an exception but the game has become so technical.