Chelsea 2 Blackburn Rovers 0

JaneB

56 minutes ago, Ham said:

God forbid any of us should venture an opinion on the possibility of a player trying to reduce a ban by claiming addiction

It's his opinion. Might be true. Might not.

It did look like a pile-on from the outside. 

You might want to read the very first post made about it before throwing your two cents in. It was not offered as an opinion. 

Be honest, you'd be fine with people who know almost nothing about you having "opinions" that you were lying about difficult things you were going through to gain some sort of advantage? I sincerely doubt it, and you'd be right to challenge on it.

Weird how you can have the first opinion (ie the one you have an affinity with) but the ones disagreeing with it (ie the ones you don't like) are an issue. Maybe not all opinions are equal? 

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Included in the bets placed were 13 (reported number) on his own club to lose. He didn’t play in any of those games where he placed that type of bet.

He also initially denied the allegations. 

So, a liar and someone who would risk a lifetime ban (maximum penalty for betting on your own club to lose), not the sort of character you want around. 

He'd make a fortune out of us. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

You might want to read the very first post made about it before throwing your two cents in. It was not offered as an opinion. 

Be honest, you'd be fine with people who know almost nothing about you having "opinions" that you were lying about difficult things you were going through to gain some sort of advantage? I sincerely doubt it, and you'd be right to challenge on it.

Weird how you can have the first opinion (ie the one you have an affinity with) but the ones disagreeing with it (ie the ones you don't like) are an issue. Maybe not all opinions are equal? 

Martin's tone followed by your use of words such as disingenuous and unpleasant were the issue for me.

You're clearly a very trusting individual because you always appear willing to accept stuff on face value. 

I, perhaps because I have worked on the frontline of counter-fraud for the past 20 years,  question everything and people's motives for what they say and do.