Chelsea 2 Blackburn Rovers 0

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Carabao Cup 4th Round match against Blackburn Rovers at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45 hours on Wednesday, 1st November 2023 (Local UK time/date)

Nobody cares about Mickey Mouse Coca Cola Cup. We'll stick 4 past them in the cup then go right back to passing the ball around the front of PL team's penalty box for 90 minutes before Sanchez drops another clanger.

Poch out. And Madueke, Maatsen, Pigeon Boy, Jackson, Disasi and Sanchez.

7 minutes ago, johnnybozo said:

Nobody cares about Mickey Mouse Coca Cola Cup. We'll stick 4 past them in the cup then go right back to passing the ball around the front of PL team's penalty box for 90 minutes before Sanchez drops another clanger.

Poch out. And Madueke, Maatsen, Pigeon Boy, Jackson, Disasi and Sanchez.

I think we might care if we actually managed to win it!!!

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I don't think there's any danger of that happening to be honest .

And I have less than no interest either .

It's like watching a slow motion car crash .

Edited by Mark Kelly

41 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Teams that win it invariably win it with their huge bench of ambitious players (because they want to break into a winning first XI).
I don't think we fit the profile unless we can play at least 2 goalkeepers and three teenage CBs.
image.thumb.png.0c95306a22cf3c1344a9e0d6dfb3f6f0.png

I remember a devastating James Prescott post where in reply to the claim that big clubs don't care about the LC he just listed the previous 10 winners.

I definitely care about it. To me it's the same as the FA Cup and it's nice to have an early final to look forward to.

Plus regardless of European money, winning it would get us a Europa Conference place and it's important to keep our European ranking as high as possible so when (if? :classic_sad:) we get back to CL, we aren't handed a set of group fixtures like Newcastle have just been handed. Although under the new CL format, you can qualify by finishing 24th out of 36 teams, so perhaps it wouldn't be an issue. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, johnnybozo said:

Only trophies which matter are:

PL

CL

Getting promoted to a higher league

FA Cup

Yes ok but as others have pointed out when you’re doing as badly as us in the PL and we’re out of Europe, this would be a nice bonus, however sad that might seem.

5 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

When I watch the final I remember how elated I was when we won it. I like the League Cup personally.

Yes, I'd like to win it. 

I just don't think this bunch of miscreants or Pochettino have it in them. 

Sooner or later they'll derail their own efforts, my guess is by playing four centre halves against sub par opposition whilst using full backs as wingers with no support from overlapping full backs. 

The worse thing about them is just when you think it's safe to start liking them again collectively the coach and the team stink the place out. 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes, I'd like to win it. 

I just don't think this bunch of miscreants or Pochettino have it in them. 

Sooner or later they'll derail their own efforts, my guess is by playing four centre halves against sub par opposition whilst using full backs as wingers with no support from overlapping full backs. 

The worse thing about them is just when you think it's safe to start liking them again collectively the coach and the team stink the place out. 

I’m afraid the entire club has lost its way. 😔

• Agree 2

This is what I’d pick….

Petrovic 

James      Badiashille.    Colwill.   Cucurella 

Ugochukwu. Gallagher 

Madueke.         Palmer.           Sterling 

Jackson 

I’m assuming Mudryk and Broja still aren’t fit so the same front 4 as the weekend, but hoping James and Badiashille can play for an hour.   Another rest for Enzo; and Big Les who I’ve been impressed with, in for Caicdeo. 

Edited by Rob B

15 hours ago, Rob B said:

This is what I’d pick….

Petrovic 

James      Badiashille.    Colwill.   Cucurella 

Ugochukwu. Gallagher 

Madueke.         Palmer.           Sterling 

Jackson 

I’m assuming Mudryk and Broja still aren’t fit so the same front 4 as the weekend, but hoping James and Badiashille can play for an hour.   Another rest for Enzo; and Big Les who I’ve been impressed with, in for Caicdeo. 

Yes definitely want to see what Petrovic can do. 

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Need to make sure we're strong enough to win this one, but also would like to see some minutes given to those who need it.

I don't think we will see anyone starting that is coming back from injury. Not worth the risk. Hopefully win then get Mansfield or Port Vale in the quarters.

3 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I don't think we will see anyone starting that is coming back from injury. Not worth the risk. Hopefully win then get Mansfield or Port Vale in the quarters.

At home in the league cup to a mid-championship team....  ideal time to start James and Badiashille no? 

38 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

How far have we sunk where we don't see this game as a given and are quite prepared to have to witness an embarrassing loss?

That question should be aimed at the Owners and Winstanley, Lawrence and shields.  

On 29/10/2023 at 14:54, Chelsea_Matt said:

When I watch the final I remember how elated I was when we won it. I like the League Cup personally.

First trophy won in the Roman Abramovich era  - Wouldn't it be wonderful if this season's competition was the catalyst for the same...........................................................then I woke-up and realised where we actually are.

🤕

• Agree 1