Chelsea 2 Blackburn Rovers 0

JaneB

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

How far have we sunk where we don't see this game as a given and are quite prepared to have to witness an embarrassing loss?

We're winning this one. Who's predicting an embarrassing loss?

What happened to you? You've become the most negative poster on here. You never used to be like that. 

On 29/10/2023 at 12:43, johnnybozo said:

Only trophies which matter are:

PL

CL

Getting promoted to a higher league

FA Cup

Tell that to Jose.

His first task wen he took over in 2004 was to get a squad that wasn't used to winning trophies, to win the first available trophy. It sets a standard. We have a young squad, most of whom haven't won anything in their career. 

On 29/10/2023 at 13:51, jasonb said:

Domestic cups are important when you are struggling in the league and that is us at the moment.

And with no European football, there is no reason not to go for all the domestic cups

On 29/10/2023 at 15:58, Chelsea_Matt said:

I’m afraid the entire club has lost its way. 😔

Well, what better way to try and correct that, than by winning a trophy

On 30/10/2023 at 12:22, Holymoly said:

I don't think we will see anyone starting that is coming back from injury. Not worth the risk. Hopefully win then get Mansfield or Port Vale in the quarters.

I think James is down to play.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ham said:

What happened to you? You've become the most negative poster on here. You never used to be like that. 

There are times when life is shit. There are times when football is shit. IMO we’re in a very bad place *at the moment* and there’s precious little to be positive about, particularly as it’s going to be like this for some time. 

For me, the last time we were this utterly dreadful was after a good 1989-90 season. We finished 5th! Then the next three were awful before Glenn took over. And the rest is history…💙

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, east lower said:

First trophy won in the Roman Abramovich era  - Wouldn't it be wonderful if this season's competition was the catalyst for the same...........................................................then I woke-up and realised where we actually are.

🤕

Wasn’t it great as it was against the dippers, complete with an own goal by $t. $tevie! We joked that he’d scored his first goal for us, prior to his agent using us to get a better deal at Analfield.

The 1997 FA Cup was the first major trophy I saw us win (I don’t count the Full Members Cup🤣). Magical, espesh as back then the FA Cup wasn’t as shamefully undervalued as it is now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Tell that to Jose.

His first task wen he took over in 2004 was to get a squad that wasn't used to winning trophies, to win the first available trophy. It sets a standard. We have a young squad, most of whom haven't won anything in their career. 

And with no European football, there is no reason not to go for all the domestic cups

Well, what better way to try and correct that, than by winning a trophy

I think James is down to play.

Nice argument 

however you seem to make miss the important part of your argument. Jose was recruited by a football winning CEO Kenyon. Also the previous season the club finished second and fell at two furlongs out due to Raineri’s being stubborn (CL Semi) or a dead man walking.

poch has not been given such luxury’s. It a shame he didn’t take the rains up post TT rather than Potter and the TBSD. 

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Nice argument 

however you seem to make miss the important part of your argument. Jose was recruited by a football winning CEO Kenyon. Also the previous season the club finished second and fell at two furlongs out due to Raineri’s being stubborn (CL Semi) or a dead man walking.

poch has not been given such luxury’s. It a shame he didn’t take the rains up post TT rather than Potter and the TBSD. 

I don't know what point you are trying to make.

I am saying we should try and win the competition, for the reasons I outlined.

Are you disagreeing? Do you think we shouldn't bother?

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Sorry mate. I've just watched the Obi One podcast with John Terry on YouTube and it depressed me to see how much things have changed. From the days when the leadership within the squad self-policed the other players when they weren't pulling their weight. When JT raged at the team following a loss to Liverpool immediately after Benitez had told them the result didn't really matter. When performances and results mattered and there was no laughing and joking when we lost a game. I don't see that any more in the current squad although it was good to hear from JT that Pochettino was hard with the players. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have much of an effect. So yeah, I am fairly negative at the moment. Once a blue always a blue but it's tough to be positive all the time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Wasn’t it great as it was against the dippers, complete with an own goal by $t. $tevie! We joked that he’d scored his first goal for us, prior to his agent using us to get a better deal at Analfield.

The 1997 FA Cup was the first major trophy I saw us win (I don’t count the Full Members Cup🤣). Magical, espesh as back then the FA Cup wasn’t as shamefully undervalued as it is now. 

That was the equaliser if I remember correctly. We were 1-0 down in no time and laboured a bit until  that magical moment, and to make it better he never needed to get involved - but that was one of his and the teams he played in problems, he didn't need to be involved in everything they did. Jose would have made him a far bettre player overall.

That stadium (Cardiff) was a great place to watch a game. The roof was closed that day too, great atmosphere and Kezman scored!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Should we not be trying to win every competition we enter as a matter of course?

Right now, yes.

When we were at our best, and in Europe, I would have happily binned off the League Cup. 

The QF in a congested December, followed by a 2 legged semi final in January is a massive pain if you are dealing with extra midweek European fixtures. 

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Right now, yes.

When we were at our best, and in Europe, I would have happily binned off the League Cup. 

The QF in a congested December, followed by a 2 legged semi final in January is a massive pain if you are dealing with extra midweek European fixtures. 

This is why it's necessary to have a squad that can manage to play in multiple competitions. Nowadays we can hardly manage being in one........

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Very surprised Petrovic hasn't got a run out, and slightly alarmed about what it might say about how he looks in training. Fingers crossed things are going to plan by 60 minutes and James and Badiashile can be taken off.

You think James will last 60 mins? 😳
Yep, also surprised Petrovic isn’t starting

Edited by Miguelito07