How you can help

I never expected to have to post this many updates today, if i'd known I would have waited until the end of the day!

We're already at £550, which means we're covered for just over 9 months, which takes us upp to October.

I'll save any further updates until the end of the day now.

It would be incredible to get to the £720 and for Sam to not have to worry about the running costs for this year.  In fact, I'd be more than happy for it to become an annual type of whip-round event so we don't have the ongoing worry every month. 

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. 

• Like 3

Well, it isn't quite the end of the day, but I just wanted to let everyone know that we've not just managed to cover costs for year one, but also gone past it and we have enough to cover the next 13 months... I cant thank you all enough.

Long live Son of CFCnet!

I'm going to take down the promotion announcement on the site now, but obviously if people want to continue to donate to help chip away at year 2 costs, they're more than welcome to, but for now, pressure very much off!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Long time member of the old forum. Signed up as well as donated. Bummer I lost my avatar. Hope we're able to bring the core community back. Lots of fans whose opinions I respected and appreciated.

Great to have you back and thanks for donating, it really is appreciated.

We’re trying to hunt down as many old members as we can. Someone spotted you on The Shed End, so I signed up to try and contact you but I need many more posts before I can DM anyone and I then noticed you hadn’t been on there for a little while and gave up!

25 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Long time member of the old forum. Signed up as well as donated. Bummer I lost my avatar. Hope we're able to bring the core community back. Lots of fans whose opinions I respected and appreciated.

How did you find the new group Danny? 

55 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Great to have you back and thanks for donating, it really is appreciated.

We’re trying to hunt down as many old members as we can. Someone spotted you on The Shed End, so I signed up to try and contact you but I need many more posts before I can DM anyone and I then noticed you hadn’t been on there for a little while and gave up!

Yeah, I mostly lurk there and frankly there's so many ads on that website that I'm also put off from navigating it much (at least on mobile). If you want me to send DM's there to anyone in particular, just let me know. 

4 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Yeah, I mostly lurk there and frankly there's so many ads on that website that I'm also put off from navigating it much (at least on mobile). If you want me to send DM's there to anyone in particular, just let me know. 

I have!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

@JaneB will most certainly have a list of people for you! Thanks mate 

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

So you lot thought you could lose me changing location on the tinterweb! Unlucky b*tches I found you (after a week of getting “error 404 not found” whilst trying to access the old site!) Will donate to the upkeep of this fine establishment when I get back from work.

It’s like putting on an old comfortable pair of slippers.

Good to see you mate..Vera says Hi!

• Thanks 1

In just over 2 days we’ve managed to raise £1,050, which means we have enough to cover costs of running this site for just under 18 months.

I thought we were going to struggle to cover the first 12 months, so to see we’ve gone way beyond that already, is incredible!

We’re £390 away from getting the first 2 years covered. If we hit that in the next few weeks then that would be absolutely amazing. Let’s hope we can get the word out to enough of the old members and they’re as generous as everyone has been so far.

1 minute ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

After a week of banging my head against the wall by typing the old url and hoping something would come up, emailing the admin of the old forum and getting no reply, I furiously googled this morning to find out what was going on and found this new forum! My last resort would have been to check other Chelsea forums for refugees, which seems to have worked for some as per posts above. 

What is the story behind the closure of the old site? Was there even a warning? It's very sad to have a hard reset like this without a transition to ensure as many people make it over. I've been a part of other forums where migrations have happened but much more controlled transitions, this was the scariest and most abrubt where it felt like all was lost! 

Great to have you back, so glad you found us!

Sadly, it got taken down without any warning at all, which was absolutely gutting as it meant we had no chance of gathering contact details or saving any of the years of content gathered on the site.

Long story, but the owners of the original site had absolutely no interest in it and we were essentially keeping it going with sticking plasters, but they then clearly eventually either just turned it off or stopped paying the bills. Frustratingly they still hold the original address, hence why we’ve had to use a new (but similar version).

The good thing is, is that we now own this site properly, can run it and keep it updated properly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Great to have you back, so glad you found us!

Sadly, it got taken down without any warning at all, which was absolutely gutting as it meant we had no chance of gathering contact details or saving any of the years of content gathered on the site.

Long story, but the owners of the original site had absolutely no interest in it and we were essentially keeping it going with sticking plasters, but they then clearly eventually either just turned it off or stopped paying the bills. Frustratingly they still hold the original address, hence why we’ve had to use a new (but similar version).

The good thing is, is that we now own this site properly, can run it and keep it updated properly.

Thank you. It's great that the layout is exactly the same, really helps keep the continuity going.

It's a shame about the loss of the archive. I signed up in 2007 on the old site when I was still a teenager. Would have been lovely to go through my historical posts like looking nostalgically back at a diary... hope all is not lost and the old forum can be archived and shared in some way. Really upsetting that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

After a week of banging my head against the wall by typing the old url and hoping something would come up, emailing the admin of the old forum and getting no reply, I furiously googled this morning to find out what was going on and found this new forum! My last resort would have been to check other Chelsea forums for refugees, which seems to have worked for some as per posts above. 

What is the story behind the closure of the old site? Was there even a warning? It's very sad to have a hard reset like this without a transition to ensure as many people make it over. I've been a part of other forums where migrations have happened but much more controlled transitions, this was the scariest and most abrubt where it felt like all was lost! 

Wlecome back , we were going frantic trying to work out how to contact you , glad you found us !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Thank you. It's great that the layout is exactly the same, really helps keep the continuity going.

It's a shame about the loss of the archive. I signed up in 2007 on the old site when I was still a teenager. Would have been lovely to go through my historical posts like looking nostalgically back at a diary... hope all is not lost and the old forum can be archived and shared in some way. Really upsetting that. 

Good to see you found us, @CarefreeMuratcan- after several people asked after you and I've always fancied myself as a locater of missing persons, I looked for you all over - but you cover your tracks well. Where I did find you, there was no forwarding address. Ever considered a career in MI5?

20 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Good to see you found us, @CarefreeMuratcan- after several people asked after you and I've always fancied myself as a locater of missing persons, I looked for you all over - but you cover your tracks well. Where I did find you, there was no forwarding address. Ever considered a career in MI5?

Haha yes I must admit I have been very conscious of my digital footprint :) 

5 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Haha yes I must admit I have been very conscious of my digital footprint :) 

That being said, I did find you hiding on KUMB with Droy ... should be careful of the company you keep when you're slumming it ...

• Haha 3