How you can help

8 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Thank you. It's great that the layout is exactly the same, really helps keep the continuity going.

It's a shame about the loss of the archive. I signed up in 2007 on the old site when I was still a teenager. Would have been lovely to go through my historical posts like looking nostalgically back at a diary... hope all is not lost and the old forum can be archived and shared in some way. Really upsetting that. 

So glad you made it back young man...your enthusiasm is appreciated and enjoyed by the OG brigade..and nearly OG's!...

Strangely enough just before the plug was pulled I had wandered back over the old Forum appeal postings from when PeteS was struggling..lot of familiar names there.

Always was good to wander back over old topics ... Now...onward.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

After a week of banging my head against the wall by typing the old url and hoping something would come up, emailing the admin of the old forum and getting no reply, I furiously googled this morning to find out what was going on and found this new forum! My last resort would have been to check other Chelsea forums for refugees, which seems to have worked for some as per posts above. 

What is the story behind the closure of the old site? Was there even a warning? It's very sad to have a hard reset like this without a transition to ensure as many people make it over. I've been a part of other forums where migrations have happened but much more controlled transitions, this was the scariest and most abrubt where it felt like all was lost! 

Welcome back!!  I am SO pleased you found us.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I must admit I checked our members list here to see if he had joined yet haha

Welcome back mate! The jaded world view of the older members definitely needed the balance of your sunny optimism!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So we have now been live for 1 week, yet so much has happened in that time and it really just feels like we never left.

We’ve managed to get many of the regulars back and currently have 49 active members.

We’ve managed to get to the top of the search results for Bing and 3rd for Google.

We’ve raised enough money to keep us going for 20 months, so we’ll definitely be around until at least September 2024. We only started raising money on Monday, so that’s happened in less than a week!

When I first noticed the original site had gone down, I was gutted, I really wasn’t sure what I was going to do. What I didn’t expect was that we’d not just rebuild the site, but also have as many people come back as we have had and then to top it all off, get the donations we’ve had to keep the site live! I genuinely thought we’d be scraping around for some pennies to cover month 2.

Remarkable stuff. It’s great to be back at the new and improved CFCnet. 

Would not have happened without you. 

No two ways about it 👍💙

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ham said:

Would not have happened without you. 

No two ways about it 👍💙

I second that ....so in fact there are two ways !!!

So much effort by Sam and Jane and so much input and outreach from others to find the wanderers in the wilderness and put their money where their typing finger is.

An amazing real grass roots achievement.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’m genuinely blown away by what’s happening… within a week we have enough donations to cover 2 years.

Thank you to everyone that has been able to donate. Incredible stuff.

Great news! Again though the thanks have to go to you and the others that saved cfcnet in its hour of need. (Others like me were possibly quite oblivious to what had actually happened)

Just been through the site and I must say @JaneByou have done an incredible job of reinstating all the old threads.

Hats must be respectfully doffed to all those who pulled off this amazing feat! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Great news! Again though the thanks have to go to you and the others that saved cfcnet in its hour of need. (Others like me were possibly quite oblivious to what had actually happened)

Just been through the site and I must say @JaneByou have done an incredible job of reinstating all the old threads.

Hats must be respectfully doffed to all those who pulled off this amazing feat! 

Still many more to go Chris!!!!

I was thinking to myself earlier "wouldn't it have been great if we could have recovered some of the conversations" Then I realised that, given some of the nonsense I came up with, maybe we are better off without. It's a fresh start.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I was thinking to myself earlier "wouldn't it have been great if we could have recovered some of the conversations" Then I realised that, given some of the nonsense I came up with, maybe we are better off without. It's a fresh start.

And the joy of a "Told You So" that can't be checked!!!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Oh my, I thought we were gone for good. The amount of times I have tried to get on the old site since it went down is silly, every time it comes up with the dreaded 404 message my heart sinks a little. Thankfully I stumbled across Sam's gofundme page and see you've all been having loads of fun without me.

For such a small forum it is incredible, not only that you've managed to keep it going but also how big an impact not being able to come on here has had on my daily life, which sounds rather sad but I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Anyway, so, SO good to be back. Looks like I've got a bit of catching up to do.....

Excellent stuff! , Glad you found your way back !

13 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Oh my, I thought we were gone for good. The amount of times I have tried to get on the old site since it went down is silly, every time it comes up with the dreaded 404 message my heart sinks a little. Thankfully I stumbled across Sam's gofundme page and see you've all been having loads of fun without me.

For such a small forum it is incredible, not only that you've managed to keep it going but also how big an impact not being able to come on here has had on my daily life, which sounds rather sad but I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Anyway, so, SO good to be back. Looks like I've got a bit of catching up to do.....

Great to see you're back!!