22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Leicester win

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, ROTG said:

Mathematics

Go look at some of these players given 6-8 year contracts, when you add on their transfer fee they are in excess of the Sterling package and to date they have not propelled  the club to the heights one would expect paying those fees and salaries 

Fact is the club agreed to pay Sterling a massive salary to hit the ground running and score us lots of goals. He was supposed to be the difference maker to propel the team up the league, not the young ones trying to earn a place in the side. There's no getting away from it. Sterling has been an even bigger flop than you know who.

Fans seeing experienced  players being paid enormous wages and doing very little for them, is naturally going to piss off fans and eventually things can start to boil over, as we are now starting to see.

25 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Even if he is fit for next season it'll be three years with hardly any football behind him. I can't think of anyother young player who's been so crippled for so long  by injury who came back and made it for a top club.  

I remember someone on here commenting about the way Fofana moves and runs and that something about his movements didn't look quite right/normal.  Can't say I looked hard enough at his movement to notice, but there might be something in that which explains his injuries? 

Fingers crossed that he can come back and defy the odds against him. Sadly, I just can't see him being able to cops with the very physical demands of the EPL. 

On the gait front, he does have a strange way of walking, noticed if myself. 

But so did Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank, both legs below the knees seemed to be set at an outwards angle, quite odd. But it didn't hamper him, I think it aided his ability to significantly curl the ball with either foot.

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

As we know I'm not a fan of Pochettino and I honestly think that we are scoring more goals and creating more chances in spite of Pochettino and not because of Pochettino .

The players are now used to playing together and are in the infancy of creating an understanding.

Pochettino hasn't managed to sort out the defence at all , we appear to be getting worse not better 

Every game we play he has them in at half time and confuses the bejeezus out of them and the second half we generally regress 

We essentially brought in an entire new team and then made them run around a bit , lucked into a formation when Silva was eventually benched and our calamity keeper was injured and did better than we had been.

He's been here ages and we cannot defend or attack a corner because "we're so short" , no instruction appears forthcoming from the coach for the taller players in the side to match up with the taller players of the opposition which is surely Coaching 1:1 in the manual.

It was a tough job but he's actively made it harder by having absolutely no clue what he's doing , talks about bravery and demonstrates rank cowardice whenever the option arrives . 

Spurs and Villa aren't better sides than us , they just have better coaches , coaches with an identity they believe in , Pochettino at Spurs had an identity he believed in but apparently doesn't believe in it any more as he's brought no aspect to Chelsea other than being "Spursy" when the chips are down. 

Part of me is inquisitive to see what he can do next season but the bigger part would like to see a proper coach turn up 

Your assessment of Poch is spot on and why we are 'improving'.If a coach can't see the stupidity of not matching players up in height in a corner kick he is beyond redemption.

This happened happened TWICE! against Liverpool and the same player was involved!!

Playing out from the back is a disaster waiting to happen - it has absolutely no merit unless you are Brazil in the 1970 world cup.

What we need is a coach with  a personality and common football sense.Get too technical and I reckon the average footballer would switch off.

Why are Klopp and Pep doing so well?.....because they have a personality that players will listen to.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

Trust me when I say this mate. If you are calling it waffle, that is very much a compliment I my eyes 👍

Well. I thank you friend I will bear that in mind👍

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Why are Klopp and Pep doing so well?.....because they have a personality that players will listen to.

They also have quality players who they recruited with the clubs recruitment team. Unlike poch.  

20 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

There's a big difference between the Sterling and our young players.

Sterling is clearly a player past his peak and is only going to get worse the onger  we keep him. He is being paid massive wages but at £1 million per league goal scored he has been another hugely overpaid flop,! His performances for us  are whats important, not his  experience and what he did eleswhere! It would be crazy to keep wasting £300k a week on a such a bang average player in decline. Getting that wage off the books and maybe £30m for him would be very good business for is this summer!

At the other end,  our young players were clearly not bought because of their experience and record over the years. They were bought for their potential to grow into quality players and help make a new team which could be together for the next decade. Most, if not all of them will be on fraction of Sterling's salary. They all have potential to get better and better, not worse and worse. Already in his limited appearances, Chuck has shown levels of techincal ability and quick football brain that's beetrr than anything Sterling has shown for us. Palmer is  already light years ahead of Sterling. Gusto has been one of our best players, so too Gallagher. Jackson scoring more. 

This is nothing personal against Sterling. It's simply about him not producing anywhere near enough for the money he's being paid.

The problem with Sterling is his CV.He is failing as a player and has done for many years..

His status as a top class player was in decline and yet we paid him a kings ransom - make that of what you will.

14 minutes ago, ROTG said:

They also have quality players who they recruited with the clubs recruitment team. Unlike poch.  

So Poch is a puppet?.how do you know that? and how do you know how good  our recruitment team is(APART FROM THE OBVIOUS?)

6 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Fact is the club agreed to pay Sterling a massive salary to hit the ground running and score us lots of goals. He was supposed to be the difference maker to propel the team up the league, not the young ones trying to earn a place in the side. There's no getting away from it. Sterling has been an even bigger flop than you know who.

Fans seeing experienced  players being paid enormous wages and doing very little for them, is naturally going to piss off fans and eventually things can start to boil over, as we are now starting to see.

he scored 3 goals and 1 assists in the 7 games under the coach who signed him.  Demonstrates his level and quality.

It is not his fault the owners decided to have an epiphany and thereafter let a set of scouts with zero coaching experience remodel the team. 

22 minutes ago, kev61 said:

So Poch is a puppet?.how do you know that? and how do you know how good  our recruitment team is(APART FROM THE OBVIOUS?)

I thought where the team is in the league demonstrates the level recruitment. 

Poch has become a company man and goes with the flow, knowing his reputation stay intact if he is released this summer, because the squad is not his. 

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I thought where the team is in the league demonstrates the level recruitment. 

Poch has become a company man and goes with the flow, knowing his reputation stay intact if he is released this summer, because the squad is not his. 

The squad may not be his - but the squad is what he has to work with - and he is failing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kev61 said:

The squad may not be his - but the squad is what he has to work with - and he is failing.

No he is not.

If he gets 54pts t from this squad  he has worked wonders.
70pts squad on paper,  50pts squad in reality. 

Edited by ROTG

15 minutes ago, ROTG said:

No he is not.

If he gets 54pts t from this squad  he has worked wonders.
70pts squad on paper,  50pts squad in reality. 

Wether he is responsible for signings is irrelevant.He is making a pigs ear of the players he has at his disposal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Way back to the earlier days of RA the club was signing players with no input from the manager, so it's nothing new for us. Sheva being the obvious one. The attempt to sign Gerrard was clearly another because everyone could see they never played well together for England.

As for the current new players. Too early to write off the others, but already it's looking like Gusto, Palmer, Jackson and Petrovich have been good signings who'll be great value for money for the club, so the people signing players are not as clueless as some on here are saying they are.

For me, the one thing to be critical about the signings is not the quality but the number of them in such a short period of time. Also,  the obvious lack of a couple of more experienced players to help the young players learn from them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

VVD - Southampton

Salah -Roma

Allisson - Roma

Jota - Wolves

Tsimikas - Olympiacos

Diaz - Porto

Nunez- Benfica 

Gakpo -PSV

Szoboslai - Leipzig

Macallister - Brighton

Endo - Stuttgart

Gravenberch - Munich 

What a bunch of farmers league mid table clubs , only two of them would meet your purchasing criteria , Gravenberch who's mediocre and Diaz.

Brighton? Wolves? Southampton? What a load of mid table cloggers.

Toodles

52 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

VVD - Southampton

Salah -Roma

Allisson - Roma

Jota - Wolves

Tsimikas - Olympiacos

Diaz - Porto

Nunez- Benfica 

Gakpo -PSV

Szoboslai - Leipzig

Macallister - Brighton

Endo - Stuttgart

Gravenberch - Munich 

What a bunch of farmers league mid table clubs , only two of them would meet your purchasing criteria , Gravenberch who's mediocre and Diaz.

Brighton? Wolves? Southampton? What a load of mid table cloggers.

Toodles

80% of those cloggers were establish internationals and were recruited with input from the coach.  

How many of the Chelsea squad did Poch have input to?

70pts on paper team, reality 50pts team. 

Time for me to take an Acca break. 

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Way back to the earlier days of RA the club was signing players with no input from the manager, so it's nothing new for us. Sheva being the obvious one. The attempt to sign Gerrard was clearly another because everyone could see they never played well together for England.

As for the current new players. Too early to write off the others, but already it's looking like Gusto, Palmer, Jackson and Petrovich have been good signings who'll be great value for money for the club, so the people signing players are not as clueless as some on here are saying they are.

For me, the one thing to be critical about the signings is not the quality but the number of them in such a short period of time. Also,  the obvious lack of a couple of more experienced players to help the young players learn from them.

So JM did not have any input into the signing of the Portuguese  internationals that came to the club when he joined Chelsea 

Raneri did not have any input to signing Joe Cole or Glen Johnson?

4/15-20 players signed by the recruitment team look value for money. 

Acca break time for me. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ROTG said:

80% of those cloggers were establish internationals and were recruited with input from the coach.  

How many of the Chelsea squad did Poch have input to?

Using your method of clutching stats out of mid-air, I'm gonna say 76%.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Well. To be fair, both Badiashile and Fofana has missed the majority of this season. Fofana is a lost cause, but I do think a Disasi-Badiashile partnership is our long term bet. 

I’ve made this point before, imagine this;

Petrovic (194)

RB - Disasi (190) - Badiashile (194) - Colwill (187)

Ugochukwu (190)

Thats a very tall and strong central line. Add proper ballers around that height and all of a sudden I think we’ll be a lot more stable. 

I actually saw Disasi up close (well 5M away) after the game on Sunday and he's a proper unit.  Something we should be making a lot more of in both boxes as he seems willing to be aggressive and use his size. 

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

he scored 3 goals and 1 assists in the 7 games under the coach who signed him.  Demonstrates his level and quality.

It is not his fault the owners decided to have an epiphany and thereafter let a set of scouts with zero coaching experience remodel the team. 

One minute you're saying the owners sign the players and the next minute you say it's a manager who signs them. Add to that you take a very small sample size to fit your argument.

I must say, you would be a very good  fit for a seat in the House Of Commons.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

One minute you're saying the owners sign the players and the next minute you say it's a manager who signs them. Add to that you take a very small sample size to fit your argument.

I must say, you would be a very good  fit for a seat in the House Of Commons.

Correction

we have not has a manger at Chelsea for at least a decade. 

TT wanted Sterling and TB being the commander and chief, he obliged. January & summer 23 transfer windows were clearly owners and scouts on recruitment. Sales and loans without any input from the nobody coach or poch. 

it think you are getting confused with facts and what you believe are facts when really they are fantasies to support your narrative. 

Just now, ROTG said:

it think you are getting confused with facts and what you believe are facts when really they are fantasies to support your narrative. 

Are you being ironic here? 

I'll get my coat 

Toodles

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

Correction

TT wanted Sterling and TB being the commander and chief, he obliged. January & summer 23 transfer windows were clearly owners and scouts on recruitment. Sales and loans without any input from the nobody coach or poch. 

I think many just read this situation as far too black and white.  Yes , Tuchel wanted Sterling, he was a high profile 1st signing under new regime and the new owners wanted to deliver for Tuchel. 
I agree that many signings which have followed have been scout/data led.

However, we have also signed players managers wanted before this regime. Jorginho for Sarri, a number of Serie A players for Conte.

It’s just not as binary as a manager / scout call for players we will continue to sign. It’s all areas having an input and working in parallel.

I am certain Poch (presuming he is here ) will be able to put forward players he is interested for the summer. Just like our top heavy scouting department will have a list of players who we are already looking at trying to broker deals on.

Poch’s main focus should be on coaching and managing the team. The TBSD main focus should be equipping Poch with players ready to make a difference and improving the team. 
It will be a process of various eliminating factors that will influence the players we sign over the summer, but all parties will have some degree of involvement in this . 

On 21/03/2024 at 08:53, ROTG said:

4/15-20 players signed by the recruitment team look value for money. 

A number of the players were signed knowing they were development players to be sent out on loan. A number of others have barely kicked a ball due to injuries or not yet had a long enough run in the team to pass anykind of judgement on.  So at this moment in time it's pointless to say whether or not they have been good or bad signings.

Lets judge those who have played a reasonable amount games. 

Jackson - looking good so far.

Palmer - looking great so far.

Gusto - looking very good do far.

Petrovich - looking good so far.

Disasi - sometimes good but sometimes equally bad.

Cucu - looking a poor signing for the money paid, but has been a bit better this season.

Mudryk - still extremely inexperienced at the top level, but has shown quality this season.  Could ho one way or the other.

Enzo - more end product this season but doubts remain about him being quick enough for this league.

Caicedo - awful start but quitely improving.

Mudrueka - not played enough yet but will include him. very raw and inconsistent but does have potential.

To see 4 players emerge with 3 or 4 more showing potential   is a very good strike rate for one season. If another 4 do the same next season then we'll have formed a brand new team in a couple of years, which would be pretty impressive imho.

• Like 2

On 21/03/2024 at 11:23, ROTG said:

Correction

"Scouts" have no re influence    -xz otherwise I see a top ten finis