Matchday prediction  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Leicester win

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, east lower said:

The comment about the red-card is spot-on and the defining moment for both teams. We'd created very little following the equaliser and what might have happened is pure speculation, whereas the red-card defined the remainder of the game.

It was only a ten minute period.

And the red card came about because of something we did create. It wasn't like it was a red for a foul in a non-threatening area. It was a red card because we had created a 1 v 1 

If the foul had been in the box, and was a yellow, we probably go 3-2 up (so long as Palmer steps up) so we'd have been 3-2 up against 11. 

18 minutes ago, east lower said:

That game was on a knife-edge.

There's no fitting of a narrative stuff that goes on in my comments. If anyone thinks that the second-half performance was acceptable against that Leicester team then that's their prerogative - I didn't think so, in fact I thought it was ordinary, at best - helped as is usual (and statistically supported) by the coaches performance at half-time.

Knife edge..........they had one shot on target.

We had a horrible 5-10 minutes due to one absurd error. I am no fan of Poch but I don't see how he can account for what Disasi did; it was a freak. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

For many, it will fix itself over time. The question is how long we have to wait.

That's the question for me. To conclude that Pochettino is improving the team is asking the wrong question and getting the right answer.

9 out of 10 coaches improve a team, and 7 out of 10 young teams would get better if they carried on training and playing together even without a coach. If after three seasons under Pochettino we have become a Europa league regular, is that  good enough? Because I dont see in him a manager who can take on the nest managers in Europe  and.come away on top .

11 minutes ago, Siidi said:

If after three seasons under Pochettino we have become a Europa league regular, is that  good enough?

He has signed a two year contract - I doubt the board will extend beyond next and ive got a feeling he wont get sacked after this season

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Good post. 

@Bert19 can you please explain what Mudryk was doing that made you feel sorry for him to be hooked?

I thought he looked bright enough, was working quite hard and offers a lot more defensively than others.  

It was pretty obvious to everyone who the first player subbed off should have been yesterday - it really wasn't Mudryk.  

2 hours ago, Bison said:

I know, I understood at the time what was happening but saw that tweet and found it very funny. 

Just to add: Sterling got an assist, won a penalty and played the pass to Jackson that led to the red. 

So even on the day Sterling had the worst game of his career he was still considerably more impactful than Mudryk. It's very funny just how utterly  useless one guy is but the fans think it's the other guy. 😂

And I'm all for getting rid of Sterling. 

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Good post. 

@Bert19 can you please explain what Mudryk was doing that made you feel sorry for him to be hooked?

It's hilarious how you've turned this on Mudryk.  Your post last week and these today only serve to evidence your blind hatred of Mudryk from day one. 

It looks petty and pathetic. 

6 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I thought he looked bright enough, was working quite hard and offers a lot more defensively than others.  

It was pretty obvious to everyone who the first player subbed off should have been yesterday - it really wasn't Mudryk.  

Absolutely 

@Bison  hates Mudryk in much the same way as I hate Pochettino !

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Siidi said:

That's the question for me. To conclude that Pochettino is improving the team is asking the wrong question and getting the right answer.

9 out of 10 coaches improve a team, and 7 out of 10 young teams would get better if they carried on training and playing together even without a coach. If after three seasons under Pochettino we have become a Europa league regular, is that  good enough? Because I dont see in him a manager who can take on the nest managers in Europe  and.come away on top .

Ref the bold parts - Based on what ?  To claim this, you must have something in your mind that support this ?

If after three seasons under Poch we are Europa League regulars, then no that is clearly not enough and he cannot expect to still be in the job.

As for him taking on the best managers in Europe and coming out on top. You are correct to question this. As much as I am defending Poch, that is mainly due to the situation he inherited and what he is currently working with. There is every chance he is not the man to take Chelsea to the level of winning titles, I wouldn't really argue this point either way. A lot of this is about timings , which is why I continue to support and defend him, cos i think he is the perfect man for the club it this current passage of time. Give him the tools required to mount a serious Top 5 challenge next season, then judge him on what he achieves. If he fails next season, its coming to the end of his contract anyway, then we move on to the next phase in the development of the club and players.

7 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

He certainly deserves recognition for being the first footballer ever to hit an aeroplane with a football.

That run up with that outcome was hilariously bad . 

Watch this lads...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

That run up with that outcome was hilariously bad . 

Watch this lads...

hahaha - yep.- You could clearly tell he was going to shank it. For a minute there, i thought he was doing a John Smiths ad.

Also, the run up to the penalty was bad.

Edited by Miguelito07

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

It was only a ten minute period.

And the red card came about because of something we did create. It wasn't like it was a red for a foul in a non-threatening area. It was a red card because we had created a 1 v 1 

If the foul had been in the box, and was a yellow, we probably go 3-2 up (so long as Palmer steps up) so we'd have been 3-2 up against 11. 

We hardly created a clear chance after their equaliser and that Jackson run was the first in a good while.

Could've, should've would've - As you said to me once, sometimes things don't work out that way - Who knows what might have happened. 11 v 11 anything might have.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Knife edge..........they had one shot on target.

We had a horrible 5-10 minutes due to one absurd error. I am no fan of Poch but I don't see how he can account for what Disasi did; it was a freak. 

And had a good few chances, but luckily Vardy wasn't around to get on the end of them.

Not holding the coach responsible for that horrible OG. Yet to watch it back as yet.

1 minute ago, east lower said:

We hardly created a clear chance after their equaliser and that Jackson run was the first in a good while.

It was ten minutes from the equaliser to the foul. 

1 hour ago, east lower said:

And had a good few chances, but luckily Vardy wasn't around to get on the end of them.

Not holding the coach responsible for that horrible OG. Yet to watch it back as yet.

I had some quiet "shudder" moments pre game worrying about Vardy coming on with maybe 20 minutes to go or starting knowing he had maybe50 minutes to "unsettle" Chelsea,

Even now he frightens me and opposition defences !

and..for your sanity don't watch the OG!

Earlier I suggested that Sterling and Sanchez were fighting it out for the WTF awards....forget stats,,WTFs are immediate and spontaneous reactions and inmho should be included in post game numbers.

The red card from yellow...I understand (?) the so-called double jeopardy point but doesn't make sense,,,,same offence ,,different punishment...penalty award for offence and red if appropriate,,,,, do the crime etc.

Some sneering because Chelsea beat Championship sides...no one seems to mention it was the top two Championship sides not some slightly relegation threatened Cup focused hopers from the lower level. Just saying.

Crowd reaction generally mate?....value your opinion.

9 minutes ago, chara said:

The red card from yellow...I understand (?) the so-called double jeopardy point but doesn't make sense,,,,same offence ,,different punishment...penalty award for offence and red if appropriate,,,,, do the crime etc.

Well, not quite. The red card is for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity. If it's a penalty, that goal scoring opportunity is immediately restored. A free kick is nowhere near as likely to result in a goal. 

It's an interesting one. I think on the face of it, at that stage of the game, it was a better outcome for Leicester. If it was the first ten minutes, I'd expect you would rather concede the penalty and get a yellow, than play 80 with 10 men

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bert19 said:

2 hours ago, Ham said:

It's hilarious how you've turned this on Mudryk.  Your post last week and these today only serve to evidence your blind hatred of Mudryk from day one. 

It looks petty and pathetic. 

13 passes in 78 minutes of football. 

His one good bit of play ruined by a typically brain dead final action, a ridiculous through ball instead of passing to Jackson who had made the angle to receive to feet:

By all means, let's criticise Sterling for his awful performance yesterday. I have too if you read through the thread.

But this idea Mudryk was any good yesterday is outrageous. He was his usual self, crap as ever and totally irrelevant to the game. 

5 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

Totally agree. Dont want to make this into a Sterling bashing - but the game against Wolves away still p1sses me off. He should have passed to Palmer to make it 1-0 to us and I think from then we would have won. Wolves were all over the place.

The question is would his replacement got into those positions?

4 hours ago, east lower said:

There's no fitting of a narrative stuff that goes on in my comments. If anyone thinks that the second-half performance was acceptable against that Leicester team then that's their prerogative - I didn't think so, in fact I thought it was ordinary, at best - helped as is usual (and statistically supported) by the coaches performance at half-time.

Some seem to forget they are a championship side in decline. 

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Some seem to forget they are a championship side in decline. 

They are second in the Championship on the same points as the leaders with a game in hand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

DId you watch the daw?

I did kind of. 
between the hail Mary’s and seeing how much Guinness one can consume in a session on a saints make things quite blurred. 

As I am having a few days away from the parish, the flock will never know of my misdemeanour's 

Toodles “you missed that one” 😀

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

They are second in the Championship on the same points as the leaders with a game in hand.

I believe they have won 1 in the past 5 matches in the championship, hence surrendering a 9 pts lead to Leeds 

Absolutely mental game, surpassed only by Liverpool/Man Utd game  Why does every team score worldies against us all the time?  I'ts pissing me off, why can't it happen to someone else?  Sterling had a day to forget, I loved what Jimmy Floyd Hasseelbaink said at half time, I can only imaine what Jimmy would have done if Sterling tried get the ball off him for the penalty!  City in the semis, but we've shown we can live with them twice, and I for one fancy ius to get to the final and win it.