Season tickets

Hi all, 

First time post on here. How silly a question is this? Do season tickets ever come up for sale? I am from Aberdeen, Scotland and buying tickets is virtually impossible. Only matches i have attended through the years is through hospitality with my dad. Now i have a 6 year old who is sick of Pittodrie and wanting to go to a Chelsea match, hospitality is a fortune. 

Any other ideas to try and buy tickets? I became a member a few years ago but tickets still get bought up by higher point holders. 

Thanks in advance. 

27 minutes ago, kevmel32 said:

Hi all, 

First time post on here. How silly a question is this? Do season tickets ever come up for sale? I am from Aberdeen, Scotland and buying tickets is virtually impossible. Only matches i have attended through the years is through hospitality with my dad. Now i have a 6 year old who is sick of Pittodrie and wanting to go to a Chelsea match, hospitality is a fortune. 

Any other ideas to try and buy tickets? I became a member a few years ago but tickets still get bought up by higher point holders. 

Thanks in advance. 

Welcome. Historically, season tickets don't become available at all but if the 30% increase is true, there might just be a few being given up. 

There will still be many on waiting lists for season tickets so overall, I don't fancy your chances. 

Thanks Ham. I have emailed the ticket office. See what they come back with. 30%? I’d pay double just to get one. Means I would be able to get away tickets for all the away games up north. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kevmel32 said:

Thanks Ham. I have emailed the ticket office. See what they come back with. 30%? I’d pay double just to get one. Means I would be able to get away tickets for all the away games up north. 

Let us know how you get on 👍

2 hours ago, kevmel32 said:

Away tickets aren’t always easy to get, even as a STH. There’s about 800 away STH and corporates, players allocations etc take about 300 more. 

The remainder get split between STH’s and Members.

I’m saying the above as I wouldn’t want you to bank on a ST getting away tickets.

If you PM me, we can chat more to see if I can help out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2024 at 15:26, kevmel32 said:

Having a st is no guarantee of any away tickets.

On 06/04/2024 at 15:20, Ham said:

Welcome. Historically, season tickets don't become available at all but if the 30% increase is true, there might just be a few being given up. 

There will still be many on waiting lists for season tickets so overall, I don't fancy your chances. 

Blimey, where have you seen the 30% figure? I'm expecting it to be bad but that would go well beyond my worst fears.

11 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Blimey, where have you seen the 30% figure? I'm expecting it to be bad but that would go well beyond my worst fears.

I have absolutely no idea where I got that 30% figure from. 

Apologies 😬

On 21/04/2024 at 10:46, thevelourfog said:

On 21/04/2024 at 10:59, Ham said:

I have absolutely no idea where I got that 30% figure from. 

Apologies 😬

Would it surprise you?

I was thinking earlier, they probably want a lot of people to give up their ST. They can make more money selling them game to game. 

Annual reminder of my Dad giving up his East Upper front row Season Ticket at the start of 2001-2002 season, just as I started getting into football and just on the eve of the Roman Era. Back then I think you could get one if you wanted one, no hoops to jump through. Now it's harder to get on than the housing ladder 😉 

On 22/04/2024 at 17:25, paulw66 said:

Would it surprise you?

I was thinking earlier, they probably want a lot of people to give up their ST. They can make more money selling them game to game. 

Even at 30% more they would get taken up I think. Even if they make it so they match the ad hoc ticket prices. But you are right, Season Ticket holders don't make them money and the Americans want to monetise everything they can, and with our small capacity their monetisation tactics are going to be even worse trying to squeeze everything out of each seat.

Yup. It's that time of year when my better half informs me that I've been moaning about the team for the whole year and saying I'm not renewing my ST, only to do so anyway. The difference between this year and last has been heavier than normal usage of the ticket exchange. So will I renew this year? God alone knows. Rather depends on how much they put up prices. 

Clearlake is probably thinking that it'll get more income from converting ST seats to executive boxes, but I think those days must be fading fast - who wants to take your clients to a match where the home team gets thumped / (God forbid) relegated? At least ST income is guaranteed for the rest of the season ...