CFCnet 23/24 awards

• 2 weeks later...
Voting is now.... OPEN!

(all votes are anonymous)

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Difficult to rate the likes of Lavia, Nkunku, James, Big Les and Chukweameka 

I know, I did consider taking them out, but they're part of the first-team squad and have played this season (although very few minutes for Lavia!), so kept them in.

Best goal was difficult as I couldn’t remember the games they were in ( getting old) …but I meant to pick Cole Palmers nutmeg, drag back and into far corner! 
Caicado from half way line was a beaut though! 

24 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Best goal was difficult as I couldn’t remember the games they were in ( getting old) …but I meant to pick Cole Palmers nutmeg, drag back and into far corner! 
Caicado from half way line was a beaut though! 

Yeah, it took me a while to go back through and watch them all… I say to myself every time I put the form together to try and make a note as we go through the next season and then inevitably don’t.

Current me gets annoyed with past me every season and then puts too much faith into future me that I’ll be better next time around.

The Palmer goal you’re talking about was brilliant though, that had my vote until Caicedo… it’s hard not to vote for a goal like that! Enzo free kick vs Villa another very good goal IMO.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, it took me a while to go back through and watch them all… I say to myself every time I put the form together to try and make a note as we go through the next season and then inevitably don’t.

Current me gets annoyed with past me every season and then puts too much faith into future me that I’ll be better next time around.

The Palmer goal you’re talking about was brilliant though, that had my vote until Caicedo… it’s hard not to vote for a goal like that! Enzo free kick vs Villa another very good goal IMO.

It's great not to be Sheffield United ain't it !

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I thought Nkunku did well on his 500 minutes or so. 😉

I know, I was very surprised to see him get in the 11 after such few appearances. Says more about the other options and how they’ve performed I guess.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Thanks for whoever voted for me it's a nice fillip as I sit at home suffering and I mean suffering with Norovirus. Thanks all. 

Oh god, horrific! I hope it passes quickly…

28 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Thank you so much for doing this Sam, it’s great fun.

And many congrats to the wonderful and witty @Mark Kelly So deserved 👏🏻

And very honourable mentions to you, without whom none of us would be here, and the wise and lovely @chara 💙💙

Yep, congrats @Mark Kelly, insightful when needed but often just hitting the right tone at the right time.

Also a big congrats to @chara, a man of wise words and original OG!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Thanks for whoever voted for me it's a nice fillip as I sit at home suffering and I mean suffering with Norovirus. Thanks all. 

Wish you better Mr K! 💯🩷👀

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Congratulations and get well soon! 🌞🌞🌞

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JaneB said:

Thank you so much for doing this Sam, it’s great fun.

And many congrats to the wonderful and witty @Mark Kelly So deserved 👏🏻

And very honourable mentions to you, without whom none of us would be here, and the wise and lovely @chara 💙💙

Not gonna lie there’s been times I’ve read Mr K’s posts and I’ve been left howling with laughter. Wittiest man in the universe. @Mark Kelly 🤣🤣🤣

Totally agree about @chara - and I love his emojis 🇺🇸 🇬🇧🩶🩷☀️

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1