Books worth a read

Blue Moon

Hey Mark..

Not techie enough to post one of today's far Side offerings but if you can check Go comics a-z The far Side has a great caveman smile..about getting "the drop"..brilliant....and usual absolutely anarchistic humour! I believe there is a web site by The Far side as well.

Hmm cats..you are well aware, I am sure,🙀 of the Chinese theory as to why cats no longer bother to Rule The World!

Edited by chara
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, chara said:

Hey Mark..

Not techie enough to post one of today's far Side offerings but if you can check Go comics a-z The far Side has a great caveman smile..about getting "the drop"..brilliant....and usual absolutely anarchistic humour! I believe there is a web site by The Far side as well.

Hmm cats..you are well aware, I am sure,🙀 of the Chinese theory as to why cats no longer bother to Rule The World!

😄

Reminds me of the quotes about the difference between Cats and Dogs.

A dog will look at its owner and think.....they give me shelter, food, water and affection. They will think you are god.

A cat will think it's they who must be a god.

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2023 at 01:50, chrisb said:

Absolutely chara, I will be attending my local Remembrance Day as I do every year and afterwards we’ll be raising a glass to those who made the ultimate sacrifice. A very poignant day for me.

A quick recall of  earlier respectful exchanges.....

Just a quick sharing of something I came across..check out a video of The Last Post by The Royal Marines at West Point...had me in tears just now,,,two solitary bugles....worth the Remembering

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, chara said:

A quick recall of  earlier respectful exchanges.....

Just a quick sharing of something I came across..check out a video of The Last Post by The Royal Marines at West Point...had me in tears just now,,,two solitary bugles....worth the Remembering

Hearing The Last Post is always a moving experience but there are times when I’ve heard it that stick in the memory more than others.

• 1 month later...

I am eight books into The Expanse series. To be honest, it is surprisingly good when you consider it is written by two different authors, and it uses a very basic SciFi storyline of people travelling around the solar system (and beyond) in shiny spacecraft and the battles they have between Earth, Mars and the Outer Planets. It was made into a TV series that quite closely follows the first half dozen books. As always, the books are better. The books are a bit formulaic. Each is about 500 pages long and consists of a series of short chapters, each of which follows one of the characters. It is very good for picking up and putting down rather than reading in one long session. The rhythm is well-managed, so you get a sense of an arch as the plot develops and accelerates into a climax near the end.