EFL Championship/Leagues 1 and 2

JaneB

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Strangely happy for Kompany and Burnley. Had my doubts he evn knew were Burney was.

I'm not.  Sick of seeing the same old teams going up and down like a see-saw.  Sheff Utd also look as good as promoted too.  Blackpool have sacked the old dinosaur that is Mick McCarthy as well, why do clubs insist on giving him a job?  He's finished as a manager.  Hope the odious Neil Warnock gets relegated as well, he isn't as good as he or his apologists think he is.

33 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

I'm not.  Sick of seeing the same old teams going up and down like a see-saw.  Sheff Utd also look as good as promoted too.  Blackpool have sacked the old dinosaur that is Mick McCarthy as well, why do clubs insist on giving him a job?  He's finished as a manager.  Hope the odious Neil Warnock gets relegated as well, he isn't as good as he or his apologists think he is.

Nope me neither. If our overpaid prima donnas can’t be arsed on a lovely sunny afternoon in glorious West London, I can’t see any of them wanting to play on a cold, wet and windy night in godforsaken Burnley!

On 08/04/2023 at 20:14, chrisb said:

Nope me neither. If our overpaid prima donnas can’t be arsed on a lovely sunny afternoon in glorious West London, I can’t see any of them wanting to play on a cold, wet and windy night in godforsaken Burnley!

In fairness, we always used to win at that s***hole

1 hour ago, blueandproud said:

In fairness, we always used to win at that s***hole

We did, but that was when we had players who understood that to win a game you need to put the small spherical thing into the netty thing between the white sticky up thingys.

Edited by chrisb

8 minutes ago, chrisb said:

We did, but that was when we had players who understood that to win a game you need to put the small spherical thing into the netty thing between the white sticky up thingys.

Wait..is that another rule change I missed ?

7 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Ah. I thought the idea was to hit the posts and crossbar (1 point for the former and 2 for the latter). I feel sure I have seen that being played at Cobham.

And on match day of course....I wonder if a further rule change should be implemented....maybe 2 points for the posts and one for the crossbar..after all the crossbar is a wider target...anyone?

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Millwall snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  You just have to laugh,  I don't want their thug fans in the Prem.  Ever.  I'm also glad Watford and Norwich aren't coming up either, it gets boring when the same teams keep see-sawing between the two divisions.  Hope Coventry or Luton come up, don't mind Sunderland, but hope Boro fail, mostly because of their arrogant, self entitled chairman Steve Gibson.

5 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Millwall snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  You just have to laugh,  I don't want their thug fans in the Prem.  Ever.  I'm also glad Watford and Norwich aren't coming up either, it gets boring when the same teams keep see-sawing between the two divisions.  Hope Coventry or Luton come up, don't mind Sunderland, but hope Boro fail, mostly because of their arrogant, self entitled chairman Steve Gibson.

If Luton do get promoted they’ll have to spend a fair whack getting their ground up to standard.

13 minutes ago, chrisb said:

If Luton do get promoted they’ll have to spend a fair whack getting their ground up to standard.

Last time I was there they had just had plans accepted to build a new stadium slap in the middle of the town instead of the ass end it's in now. 

• 1 month later...

If you thought Gary O'Neil's sacking was ridiculous, Sheffield Wednesday have also sacked Darren Moore, despite him leading the Owls to promotion  What do these pillock owners want?  If only Brian Clough and Tommy Docherty were still alive, they would destroy these imbecilic owners with their cutting comments.

41 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

If you thought Gary O'Neil's sacking was ridiculous, Sheffield Wednesday have also sacked Darren Moore, despite him leading the Owls to promotion  What do these pillock owners want?  If only Brian Clough and Tommy Docherty were still alive, they would destroy these imbecilic owners with their cutting comments.

Yes, saw that earlier today. Ridiculous sacking.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, blueandproud said:

Wayne Rooney given the bullet by Birmingham City, no surprise there.  He managed to make Franco Zola (though I love him to bits) and Harry Redknapp look good.

Taken Birmingham from 6th to 20th, that's an achievement and a half in itself. 

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Taken Birmingham from 6th to 20th, that's an achievement and a half in itself. 

I think Ashley Cole will also be a casualty, unless Birmingham already have the new coach in place and he wants to keep Ashley

• 2 months later...

Coming to the final straight in the Championship.  I hope Ipswich come up, it's not a good look if the same three relegated teams come straight back up.  Leicester, at the moment are a joke, Saints are a bit inconsistent and Leeds, I hate with a passion.

• Like 2