Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Could it also mean that we are trying to sign players before we get a transfer embargo and or become so unattractive because of our league position after a 20 point deduction?

Personally I think the board is just identifying the positions that need strengthening now, then we take what punishment we get.

If they genuinely felt that there was a possibility of straight relegation, I don't believe they'd buy a single player from now on.

I'm not fussed by a transfer ban. That would be great. 

I genuinely worry that if relegated for foul play, players would be on to their agents for an exit clause quick smart.

• Like 1

The BIG 3 media gifted headlines generally fail..deliberately to emphasis the three different cases.... I think (hope) Todd and Co went into the purchase with top legal advice present and having discovered some skeletons in the cupboard have contingency plans and legal defences prepared...if not they are stark staring MAD!

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, chara said:

The BIG 3 media gifted headlines generally fail..deliberately to emphasis the three different cases.... I think (hope) Todd and Co went into the purchase with top legal advice present and having discovered some skeletons in the cupboard have contingency plans and legal defences prepared...if not they are stark staring MAD!

I genuinely hope so Chara. 

Bearing in mind the government forced the sale and oversaw the process and the club then self-reported on gaps in the accounts before writing in a £100m fallback to cover the consequences, we can only hope TBLT had verbal assurances that we're looking at a massive fine (hence the £100m set aside) or a transfer ban (hence the unprecedented spending).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I genuinely worry that if relegated for foul play, players would be on to their agents for an exit clause quick smart.

I think some of them already are.  

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Having to pay us parachute payments will stick in the craw

Not really.  I think those that don't like us will be laughing their heads off.
https://jobsinfootball.com/blog/premier-league-parachute-payments/#:~:text=How Much Can Clubs Get,the equal share broadcast revenue.
Not very well written piece - my conclusion is that a relegated club might get £30-40m in the first year instead of the around £150m TV money from the prem.
Attendance money might collapse too.
And yes we might have wage deals where relegation clauses kick in, but we will also have sponsorhips where the same clauses apply.

But the real issue is going to be (as @Hamsays) the players.  I should think Gallagher's agent is preparing a relegation release clause right now.  A pissed off and angry player is always going to go for a low price.

(I don't think PL dare relegate us, but if the very brief run does not last, they won't need to to create another exodus).

10 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

This..

Not claiming to fully understand what's happening with the club.  A shambles.

It WAS shambolic (and wonderful) prior to TBSD.  

The allegations relate to RA. It's not what's happening.  It's what's happened.

TBSD have barely put a foot wrong since they've taken over. 

39 minutes ago, Ham said:

It WAS shambolic (and wonderful) prior to TBSD.  

The allegations relate to RA. It's not what's happening.  It's what's happened.

TBSD have barely put a foot wrong since they've taken over. 

Nice try but you could start with the 4 managers, all of which have done badly.
And then there are the players who are currently W15 D15 L20 in just over a season in the prem.

Now of course you could say that that is only because the current staff is all the fault of RA/Marina/Cech/Tuchel
Except they left us with a squad of players who are now in top clubs across Europe.

Creamcakes have bought 4 decent players amongst a  ton of other players who are either moderate, poor or too injured to tell.
The good 4 cost approx £300m.

Newcastle tried to do exactly the same as us, starting 1 winter window ahead of us with a much poorer team.

Lets see how many feet we have put wrong on Saturday (if they are not too distracted with their Tuesday game in Paris)

Edited by Dwmh

@Dwmh..... I stand somewhere in the middle of the two stands ...leaning more towards Ham's.

Not one to argue too much and usually Droy you are very factual but you say four managers,all of whom have done badly?...Only GP can be placed in that category,,,SFL was on a hiding to nothing and was only there to see the season out...The Poch for all the words written is only at the beginning of a rebuild with all the well documented problems involved. Hardly doing badly even given a slow start...judge in May...the other non featured temp really is only a statistic not a player in the issue..did you include him or TT?...that for me is three...did I miss someone?...TT is a different issue and again hardly can be dismissed as having done badly even taking into account the never clearly explained reasons for the falling out and parting of the ways....muddied waters at best.

I can't quite follow the breakdown following just over a season in the Prem ? Is that meant as a reflection of Todd & Co or the playing squad?

Unlike you to write a less than factual accurate breakdown ...in my humble opinion only and quite prepared to be convinced otherwise.

56 minutes ago, chara said:

@Dwmh..... I stand somewhere in the middle of the two stands ...leaning more towards Ham's.

Not one to argue too much and usually Droy you are very factual but you say four managers,all of whom have done badly?...

Managers under the CreamCakes  PL only

Tuchel        W3  D1  L2

Potter       W10 D8  L10

Lampard  W1   D2  L6

Poch           W4   D4  L4

The team has been rubbish under all 4 managers (I hadn't realised quite how bad it was under SFL, even worse than I had anticipated).

Even if you want to defend Tuchel's spell as winning more than he lost you have to look at the games
he looks worse than Potter.

Screenshot2023-11-21002740.png.71aac230ac30e2af1d245b8a5569fc4c.png

So that includes losing to the bottom 2 AND to Dinamo Zagreb who only got 1 other point.

It has been unbelievably horrible.

4 hours ago, chara said:

They did, hence why they've been so forth coming with certain issues. However, the newly peddled situation that's unfolding about illegal payments under Roman and whatever else have come courtesy of the leaks. There's no real connection between what current ownership self reported and the newly raised matters, so this will most likely have blindsided them. 

Whether any of it is true, and to what degree, remains to be seen. Not really anything the new ownership should be punished for given the clean slate that's been applied here since they've taken over. Fines and docked points should be the maximum if any sort of punishment is dished out. 

40 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Tuchel        W3  D1  L2

Potter       W10 D8  L10

Lampard  W1   D2  L6

The team has been rubbish under all 4 managers (I hadn't realised quite how bad it was under SFL, even worse than I had anticipated).

Even if you want to defend Tuchel's spell as winning more than he lost you have to look at the games

So that includes losing to the bottom 2 AND to Dinamo Zagreb who only got 1 other point.

CreamCakes 🤣🤣🤣 🍰 🧁 

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Tuchel        W3  D1  L2

Potter       W10 D8  L10

Lampard  W1   D2  L6

Apologies Droy..not a well written post from me;;;realise you meant the New Broom era results...no arguments only that the stats don't tell the whole story, 

TT really shouldn't be part of the viewpoint and SFL was just a fill in with nothing to work with or for.

However your overall take is correct,,

GP was a mistake and The Poch is early days,,,that the last season was unbelievably horrible is an understatement!

Thank you for the detailed reply...appreciate the effort

53 minutes ago, chara said:

Oh Chara,you'r such a decent human being.Droy's analysis  on past managers is just nonsense.He will forever be a wannabe Mourhino love child.

You wonder did he analyse  Tuchel's statistics and not  the football we played under him.

Poch is starting show signs of improving the team.Given the same tools as Poch I think Tuchel would have us in a better position by now.

13 hours ago, chara said:

I think they've comprehensively demonstrated that they are. And in particular, they've demonstrated an aptitude for not really being able to read the English football room. It would fit with everything they've done so far if it was them dobbing us in that did us in.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I think they've comprehensively demonstrated that they are. And in particular, they've demonstrated an aptitude for not really being able to read the English football room. It would fit with everything they've done so far if it was them dobbing us in that did us in.

Indeed, underhand payments in football re in the "Don't tell, Don't ask" category.