European Leagues + SPFL

JaneB

• 4 months later...

Lots of Reports in the media (that’s why I’m not directly quoting any) saying that RM and Eden Hazard have an agreement that his contract is terminated at the end of June. 

‘Dream move’ gone very wrong, be careful what you wish for Mason!

Come home Eden, don’t care in what format- just come back to where you belong.

6 minutes ago, east lower said:

Lots of Reports in the media (that’s why I’m not directly quoting any) saying that RM and Eden Hazard have an agreement that his contract is terminated at the end of June. 

‘Dream move’ gone very wrong, be careful what you wish for Mason!

Come home Eden, don’t care in what format- just come back to where you belong.

Already discussed in the "Past Players & Staff" thread.  100% confirmed by RM that he'll leave at the end of the month.
So glad he spent his very best years with us.

• Agree 1

• 8 months later...
12 hours ago, Ham said:

Insane...

Alonso is doing something really special over there. I really hope he stays and continues the journey with them, but I can’t see how he doesn’t move on to a bigger job in the summer. My guess is it will be one of Liverpool, Bayern or Madrid. 

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Alonso is doing something really special over there. I really hope he stays and continues the journey with them, but I can’t see how he doesn’t move on to a bigger job in the summer. My guess is it will be one of Liverpool, Bayern or Madrid. 

I.don't think we're lucky enough for it not to be Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I.don't think we're lucky enough for it not to be Liverpool.

I know, it feels a lot like that’s what it’s going to be doesn’t it. I do think appointing him off the back of this single season comes with a lot of risk though.

Tuchel's Bayern currently losing 3-1 away to midtable Bochum. Bayern on the verge of losing three consecutive games for the first time since 2015 apparently. Eight points behind league leaders Leverkusen. 

He is very much in danger of getting sacked. 

6 minutes ago, Bison said:

Tuchel's Bayern currently losing 3-1 away to midtable Bochum. Bayern on the verge of losing three consecutive games for the first time since 2015 apparently. Eight points behind league leaders Leverkusen. 

He is very much in danger of getting sacked. 

Someone commented on Twitter that he got the best of us and we got the best of him. 

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, Ham said:

Someone commented on Twitter that he got the best of us and we got the best of him. 

Certainly looks like it. I think he was happy in England and enjoyed the football culture here more than France or Germany. I think he'll be back in England before long. My shout is Newcastle. 

Not looking good for TT.  And anyone dreaming about him coming back is living in cloud cuckoo land.  Owners don't have  as short a memory as people think.  I think Newcastle will be his next port of call, with Alonso going to Anfield, hopefully becoming another Souness.

47 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Maybe take a year off and then take over at City. That's a scary thought.

I'm not so sure...I vaguely subscribe to the POV that regardless of ability (goes for players as well) often as not success as a coach is as about being in the right place at the right time as anything and has a great influence on reputation and career.

Loved Sexton at Chelsea but didn't do much post SB,,SAF barely survived his first season or so at OT ...probably now he would be long gone but right time and circumstances saw him rise to the top....I'm sure you and other wise heads on here can give other examples.

21 minutes ago, chara said:

I'm not so sure...I vaguely subscribe to the POV that regardless of ability (goes for players as well) often as not success as a coach is as about being in the right place at the right time as anything and has a great influence on reputation and career.

Loved Sexton at Chelsea but didn't do much post SB,,SAF barely survived his first season or so at OT ...probably now he would be long gone but right time and circumstances saw him rise to the top....I'm sure you and other wise heads on here can give other examples.

Yup.  Tommy Docherty might have won the FA Cup at OT, but with Brian Greenhoff at centre half there is no way Utd would have won the league, nor with Gordon Hill either, he used to bottle it when the going got tough, and was a huge flop at Derby County when the Doc took him there.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Honestly, Pogba always came across as a bit of a tool. Him and Lukaku together on Instagram flashing their shit was a great image of everything that's wrong with modern footballers. 

Hope the ban is upheld and that he'll retire. He can focus on his social media acocunts 100% of the time instead of 98% of the time. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Honestly, Pogba always came across as a bit of a tool. Him and Lukaku together on Instagram flashing their shit was a great image of everything that's wrong with modern footballers. 

Hope the ban is upheld and that he'll retire. He can focus on his social media acocunts 100% of the time instead of 98% of the time. 

Whereas I don’t disagree at all with the sentiment and I feel no sympathy with him at all, I do find it strange that it comes out after a year of being out injured and having just come back and getting injured again.

Also they’re rarely caught the first time they take whatever banned substance it is they’re taking.

Plus it’s in Italy and they are the masters of ‘ensuring’ things occur and ‘ensuring’ that official reports and court actions fit the narrative.

3 hours ago, east lower said:

Whereas I don’t disagree at all with the sentiment and I feel no sympathy with him at all, I do find it strange that it comes out after a year of being out injured and having just come back and getting injured again.

Also they’re rarely caught the first time they take whatever banned substance it is they’re taking.

Plus it’s in Italy and they are the masters of ‘ensuring’ things occur and ‘ensuring’ that official reports and court actions fit the narrative.

Bit of a puzzle for me as well...completely agree with everyone's opinion on the matter and the report looks from afar very definite and clear cut with a long suspension..no room for appeal as I can see ...hard to imagine that such a high profile player would be punished without absolute certainty of guilt.... my question is WHY ?....half a brain surely tells you it's too slippery of a slope?

1 hour ago, chara said:

Bit of a puzzle for me as well...completely agree with everyone's opinion on the matter and the report looks from afar very definite and clear cut with a long suspension..no room for appeal as I can see ...hard to imagine that such a high profile player would be punished without absolute certainty of guilt.... my question is WHY ?....half a brain surely tells you it's too slippery of a slope?

It’s the second home of corruption and manipulation.

Nothing would surprise me, a Juventus who may have decided that they didn’t want to pay that level of salary for someone who doesn’t play? 

Pogba and his lawyers saying they’ll appeal and that when the legal restrictions are removed, he’ll tell the whole story. 

An example of what can happen in Italy. There was a tragic airplane accident, with a large number of fatalities and the authorities and Italian Air Crash Investigators wouldn’t publish their findings or said they couldn’t determine the reason. Grieving families forced the authorities into getting the British Investigation Team in to attempt to establish the real cause. From memory the Brits determined there was a bomb planted, and filed their report with the Italian Government. They ignored it and went with some BS report that had other causes. 

Bit like the French did with the Concorde crash investigation - there’s an excellent book by the Chief Concorde Pilot, that includes this and shows that there are many ways to manipulate the ‘truth’ as long as you have the right people backing you.