Chelsea Finances Thread

Bob Singleton

39 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I’ve got it.

The Boehly answer to FFP.

Clever. Very clever.

Groundbreaking in fact.

The EPL will now have a massive loophole to try and fill as a result.

It goes like this…

We don’t have to comply with the EPL FFP if we are not in the EPL! It’s genius.

At last one of his plans is on target! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the forums, but for most areas ST prices have been held at this season’s prices. 

There was a bit of a sob story message along with the announcement, so in my view watch out for the following season.

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

To appease fans.

You've got to love the media .

Did you read the club's own coverage of it? It came as close to saying "prices aren't going up this year because we've f**ked it and you'd all just stop coming" as they could, they'd 100% have gone up with 4 or 5 more wins over the year. They will shoot up next year either way, imo.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Did you read the club's own coverage of it? It came as close to saying "prices aren't going up this year because we've f**ked it and you'd all just stop coming" as they could, they'd 100% have gone up with 4 or 5 more wins over the year. They will shoot up next year either way, imo.

One might suggest that if the ticket prices went up it might have priced out the lairy fans only to be replaced by even more members of the prawn sandwich brigade leading to an even quieter Stamford Bridge. There could be an argument for reducing the price of season tickets for this very reason, there's few enough of them as there is percentage wise.

23 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

I'm not complaining about the prices - but it won't appease my concerns about the appalling standard of play. If that was the intention, sorry Todd

no, but how could it? I don't see the connection. 

Ticket prices haven't gone up. Good. 

5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

One might suggest that if the ticket prices went up it might have priced out the lairy fans only to be replaced by even more members of the prawn sandwich brigade leading to an even quieter Stamford Bridge. There could be an argument for reducing the price of season tickets for this very reason, there's few enough of them as there is percentage wise.

few enough of what?

Roughly 27k season ticket holders is a high percentage, when you take attendance, less away end, less corporate. 

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Been trying to get back my season tickets for 10 years - not even had a smidgen of a chance. I believe new season tickets are offered to members with the highest number of loyalty points, which in my case is low as I am away preaching on one of the corners of the earth for weeks and months at a time.

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

I meant I can’t be bought off by low ticket prices - thought that was obvious?

So what do you want them to do?

I don't see how an announcement that the ticket prices are staying unchanged is anything but a good thing 

Well, I've just renewed both of my Home & Away ST's. 

Used the interest free finance again (small fee involved) and I have to say that the process was commendably easy to use, took less than 10 minutes for all 4 applications.

They remembered all the details and signed agreements were in my inbox immediately - Recommended, if any other STH's are thinking of using the finance option.

Edited by east lower

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

So what do you want them to do?

I don't see how an announcement that the ticket prices are staying unchanged is anything but a good thing 

Jeez Paul, nobody is disagreeing - of course it’s a good thing. I was just commenting that despite it being a noble gesture by the club, it doesn’t impact my opinion of their policy on the field, so it is actually unnecessary. No need to make such an issue out of it, ok?

21 hours ago, Holymoly said:

One might, and IIRC does, suggest lots of things about the make up of match going fans that don't really correlate with reality. 

The club really could do with a better offer for 18-30 year olds like most of our competitors have, mind you. We really do run the risk of our support ageing out without being replaced. 

2 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Nice to hear Jeff Sterling literally shouting his disdain that Chelsea are putting UP season ticket prices next season.

I mean, let’s not let the facts in black and white get in the way…

He's gone soon so sod him. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is precisely why the "TBSD" have done so much work for the future during these windows. 

In the future these windows MIGHT  be inspired. 

7 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Genuinely burst out laughing at Newcastle's rumoured deal with a Saudi "company". Not its owners, absolutely not. 

The biggest rib-tickler was the bit where they wrote about the Etihad shirt sponsorship (as distinct from the naming rights) being "worth" £67.5m a year. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Looking forward to the day which must come soon when  UEFA make a rule where only teams called Real Madrid and Barcelona can spend money. 

UEFA needs disbanding. 

If they take on the PL, it may well end up with the ESL taking over