Tottenham Hotspur 2 Chelsea 0

JaneB

2 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

We aren't going to suddenly become a free scoring side by pinging long shots every time we get over the half way line. They might not be uncouth but they are statistically not a great way to score goals. 

I can give you a definitive stat resulting from not shooting.....

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

All i have done from day one is point out the data driven short comings of a man who was hyped up by the media

Apparently the data is what is keeping GP in the job. I'm assuming this is the data that Droy used to go on about. Unfortunately no game was ever won because of a better xG.

4 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Apparently the data is what is keeping GP in the job. I'm assuming this is the data that Droy used to go on about. Unfortunately no game was ever won because of a better xG.

I think TB got misled by someone about Team GP. One could argue if TB had brought a club in 2016, he may have recruited everyone from Leicester 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

A bright note with two more wanderers back in the fold.

Whatever the reasons GP has led Chelsea to the brink.

I would suggest it's too late now for any change to make much of a difference and could make things even worse.

Hindsight has laser like accuracy and in my case a gut feeling wasn't enough to call for a change.

To have made any meaningful difference for this season the GP project should have been abandoned very early on but of course that would have been unreasonable and rightly condemned.

We are now left hovering above the "Alamo" group hoping that there is no Forest type desperate climb to relative safety from fellow hoverers and the incredibly untenable situation that has Chelsea hoping 3/4 teams keep getting the same sort of points return that Chelsea has been gathering (or not)of late.

Still bemused at the fall from being a top side to "used to be's" in such a short time.

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

I think TB got misled by someone about Team GP. One could argue if TB had brought a club in 2016, he may have recruited everyone from Leicester 

I get the feeling Boehly and Clearlake are heavily swayed by the media.

Potter was getting good press at the start for the season for winning a few games so his appointment felt like a no-brainer to people new to the game. And more recently a lot of the football media have been waffling about xG, underlying metrics and bad luck etc etc etc.

I think they will react once the media turn on Potter.

Edited by Bison