Tottenham Hotspur 2 Chelsea 0

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 13.30 hours on Sunday, 26th February 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

I don’t even want to think what’s going to happen here. Genuinely not sure if I can face watching it. James obviously has to come back in, as does Silva and maybe partnered with Fofana if he’s fit enough.

RLC in for Kova as he was a better partner to Enzo (surprisingly). 

Kepa

James - Silva - Fofana - Chilwell

RLC - Enzo

Ziyech - Felix - Madueke

Havertz

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I don’t even want to think what’s going to happen here. Genuinely not sure if I can face watching it. James obviously has to come back in, as does Silva and maybe partnered with Fofana if he’s fit enough.

RLC in for Kova as he was a better partner to Enzo (surprisingly). 

Kepa

James - Silva - Fofana - Chilwell

RLC - Enzo

Ziyech - Felix - Madueke

Havertz

He was but the rule at Chelsea is one reasonable performance precedes months of mediocrity.

Now that we've been informed by Azpi that he's recovering and it looks good, we can move forward. 

Spurs away:

What do we have to lose?

What do we have to win?

It's only one answer- we MUST at least play decent football, win/draw/lose; it doesn't really matter as long as the players and the management at least tries to have a decent day at the job. 

18 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Now that we've been informed by Azpi that he's recovering and it looks good, we can move forward. 

Spurs away:

What do we have to lose?

What do we have to win?

It's only one answer- we MUST at least play decent football, win/draw/lose; it doesn't really matter as long as the players and the management at least tries to have a decent day at the job. 

I've just endured Spurs beating West Ham , two absolutely dreadful sides playing third rate football.

They'll beat us and beat us easily.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've just endured Spurs beating West Ham , two absolutely dreadful sides playing third rate football.

They'll beat us and beat us easily.

And to think they are now 4th in the league. 

We'd have walked top 4 this season with no signings and Tuchel. Yet we sit 10th after spending £600m and sacking him. It's almost funny.

• Agree 1

Spurs are 4th, Newcastle are definitely dropping out of it going forward. A win will put us 8 points behind Spurs with a game in hand (game in hand at home against Liverpool). So, like it has been throughout January and February, if we could just string a couple of wins together we will be in the hunt for 4th again. But we can't even string a single goal together so it's all in the air. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

And to think they are now 4th in the league. 

We'd have walked top 4 this season with no signings and Tuchel. Yet we sit 10th after spending £600m and sacking him. It's almost funny.

I'd love to know what he thinks of it, to have a genuinely, unvarnished chat with him about it.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Spurs are 4th, Newcastle are definitely dropping out of it going forward. A win will put us 8 points behind Spurs with a game in hand (game in hand at home against Liverpool). So, like it has been throughout January and February, if we could just string a couple of wins together we will be in the hunt for 4th again. But we can't even string a single goal together so it's all in the air. 

I love you and your optimism, even now your looking at what could be when we all know what will be.

Could be 8 points behind with a game in hand 

Will be 14 and lose that game in hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

This is the exact reason Potter needs to go. The fact the gap isn’t bigger than that tells you how mixed everyone’s form is. If we could get a manager in that could actually get us some form, then a Europa spot wouldn’t be impossible, but whilst we are where we are with who we have, it just is not going to happen.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This is the exact reason Potter needs to go. The fact the gap isn’t bigger than that tells you how mixed everyone’s form is. If we could get a manager in that could actually get us some form, then a Europa spot wouldn’t be impossible, but whilst we are where we are with who we have, it just is not going to happen.

The main reason he's got to go is there's about seventy of us here which may be a small selection of Chelsea supporters but there isn't one among us as far as I know expecting us to be an incredibly mediocre Spurs side !

That is almost unimaginable.

Mind you they are "well organised"  

Edited by Mark Kelly

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The main reason he's got to go is there's about seventy of us here which may be a small selection of Chelsea supporters but there isn't one among us as far as I know expecting us to be an incredibly mediocre Spurs side !

That is almost unimaginable.

Mind you they are "well organised"  

Yeah, in fairness, I said exact reason and that’s not true… we’ve got a good dozen reasons I imagine. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Spurs are 4th, Newcastle are definitely dropping out of it going forward. A win will put us 8 points behind Spurs with a game in hand (game in hand at home against Liverpool)

We're not winning this. Potter has even given the players two days off

I usually look forward to the games against these more than any other but I can't face watching this. I think the below is about the best we can hope for which is pretty damning when we've spent circa £600m and only have 3 new players in the side. I still have high hopes for Mudryk but I think he is best suited to a role off the bench whilst he adapts. 

Kepa

James - T.Silva - Badiashile - Chilwell

Loftus-Cheek - Enzo

Ziyech - Felix - Sterling

Havertz

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I usually look forward to the games against these more than any other but I can't face watching this. I think the below is about the best we can hope for which is pretty damning when we've spent circa £600m and only have 3 new players in the side. I still have high hopes for Mudryk but I think he is best suited to a role off the bench whilst he adapts. 

Kepa

Loftus-Cheek - Enzo

Havertz

I'd probably only swap Ziyech for Gallagher and edge more towards a 4321. I think Conor was our most consistent player in recent games at Fulham, Liverpool and Palace I think it was. Either way, I cannot understand why he has found himself on the bench recently.

I still don't think his long term future is probably at Chelsea, but right now we need his desire, energy, work rate and the fact he is prepared to actually take some responsibility and shoot!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Kepa

Loftus-Cheek - Enzo

Havertz

If RLC plays like two players given the hyphens in the lineup, we might manage to get 1 point 🙂

On a serious note, the lineup is probably the best we have at the moment 

6 hours ago, asvaberg said:

If RLC plays like two players given the hyphens in the lineup, we might manage to get 1 point 🙂

On a serious note, the lineup is probably the best we have at the moment 

This all makes sense now, maybe Boehly's plan for 443 wasn't so outlandish after all. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Rick1977 said:

Just for the love of god don’t play Havertz and I will be happy. 

Fofana for me as the striker but Haverz can feature until Mudryk and Madueke settle down more. 

Mudryk and Madueke have had a really tough start whereas Felix, Enzo and Badiashile look superb.