Tottenham Hotspur 2 Chelsea 0

JaneB

3 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Brighton and Brentford don't play this match week because they were meant to play away at Newcastle and Manchester United.

Fulham dropped points yesterday. 

It can't be overstated how much a win in this game suddenly puts us back in the Top 4 race. Top 3 teams are a cut above the rest. But 4th is there for the taking. It will be a lower than average points tally required for it this season and I don't think any one team will put in enough of a run to lock the position in. 

We dropped 5 points against Fulham, 2 against Liverpool, 2 against West Ham and 3 against Southampton. That's 12 points. 

We are 11 points behind Spurs with a game in hand at home against Liverpool. 

All we needed were 6/12 of those dropped points and we'd be 5 points behind Spurs right now.

Which further supports my point. There is no pace setter for 4th. We don't need outstanding form. Just better than the relegation form we are in.

I’m sorry, but top 4 has gone. Top 6 is the absolute best we can hope for and that’s almost gone as well.

The gap is just too big for top 4 and we’ve too many teams between us and it, we’d be relying on too many teams to drop more points than we do for the remainder of the season.

Liverpool are starting to find form again (except in Europe) and so if anyone can climb back up and get 4th, it’ll be then.

Ultimately, we’re just not good enough on current form. We are so far away from being able to turn around this form, it would need such a significant change in form and an incredible run of results, that I just don’t think Potter or these players are capable of.

Of our 15 remaining matches, we have to play Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, Brighton, Brentford, Man Utd and Man City, all of whom are above us and in much better form.

I just don’t see how we can overcome all the above to get top 4 I’m afraid. We needed to turn this form around 2/3 games ago to give ourselves a hope.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

People are justifiably frustrated and disappointed - I get that. We've been awful, and we'll be approaching this game with extreme trepidation. Double shame because it's bloody Spurs!

Can we turn it around? Simply don't know anymore. Don't know if it's too early for that. What I do know is that the morons abusing GP's family should be bloody ashamed of themselves. Get over yourselves, and/or go and support another team!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

People are justifiably frustrated and disappointed - I get that. We've been awful, and we'll be approaching this game with extreme trepidation. Double shame because it's bloody Spurs!

Can we turn it around? Simply don't know anymore. Don't know if it's too early for that. What I do know is that the morons abusing GP's family should be bloody ashamed of themselves. Get over yourselves, and/or go and support another team!

Couldn't agree more Michael and just said as much on the GP thread.  

I almost feel I want to write to him and apologise for what he and his family are being put through.  It's disgusting.

4 hours ago, JaneB said:

Couldn't agree more Michael and just said as much on the GP thread.  

I almost feel I want to write to him and apologise for what he and his family are being put through.  It's disgusting.

Don't assume this nonsense has come from Chelsea fans of any description. These keyboard warriors can come from anywhere.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RDCW said:

Don't assume this nonsense has come from Chelsea fans of any description. These keyboard warriors can come from anywhere.

This is a very good point. Unfortunately, there is no stopping these people with a keyboard at their disposal. They can be anyone and from any country. 

I do wonder how many other managers receive this sort of thing when things aren't going the right way. We know players have received such like and, I'm sure a lot of managers do too. Don't know what the answer is really. The only option a manager/player has is call it out or ignore it.

5 hours ago, RDCW said:

Yes I’m sorry to say that the treatment Potter got from Brighton fans recently  indicates it’s as likely to come from that direction as anywhere. 

I was tempted to have a bet on us today, maybe on the asian handicap + 0.5 as I thought we might be a bit of a value price........strangely enough we are actually favourites to win the game outright!

Just checked this morning and Spurs 15/8 with Chelsea in at 13/8. (bet365)

6 goals in 15 games and away from home, regardless of the result , we are a terrible price for the game today

On 25/02/2023 at 08:46, My Blood Is Blue said:

Of our 15 remaining matches, we have to play Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, Brighton, Brentford, Man Utd and Man City, all of whom are above us and in much better form.

I just don’t see how we can overcome all the above to get top 4 I’m afraid. We needed to turn this form around 2/3 games ago to give ourselves a hope.

We haven't beaten a team above us all season, so with that fixture list ahead,  I'd say our chances of top four are slim to none.