Leicester City 1 Chelsea 3

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Leicester City at the King Power Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hours on Saturday, 11th March 2023 (Local UK time/date)

25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They're rubbish and coached by a clown but, so are we so this is a tough one to call. 

I'm almost beyond caring now. 

1-0

I just want points on board...given up on expecting good/great football...my team so will always watch Chelsea.

If the points accumulate however slowly and we still vigorously compete with Villa for tenth place I will just about sleep at night.

If "safe" then I don't care if GP stays until the end of the season but enough is enough.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Ref: Andre Marriner

VAR: Graham Scott

Scott regularly plumbs new depths of incompetence. I seem to remember him reffing a League Cup match at the Bridge which was one of the first - maybe the very first - TV games to feature VAR. He booked Willian for diving when the replay showed he'd been fouled in the box, and later gave Morata a second yellow for a dive that wasn't. It was the first time I'd ever seen him ref and he had an absolute shocker, but he has since been promoted to fulltime Premiership ref.

30 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Scott regularly plumbs new depths of incompetence. I seem to remember him reffing a League Cup match at the Bridge which was one of the first - maybe the very first - TV games to feature VAR. He booked Willian for diving when the replay showed he'd been fouled in the box, and later gave Morata a second yellow for a dive that wasn't. It was the first time I'd ever seen him ref and he had an absolute shocker, but he has since been promoted to fulltime Premiership ref.

Well at least he’s not actually reffing this one 🫣

49 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Sounds like he's nailed on for leading PGMOL - top bloke.

2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Actually, just a thought.  Are there any decent refs (asking seriously).

I wouldn’t do their job for a million pounds.

Whatever happened to the refs of yesterday - Pierluigi Collina ... perhaps Howard Webb .... even David Ellery ... ?

3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I can't answer the question but I would expect you to be able to apply common sense to the job and a million pounds..although it ain't what it used to be...would be a nice well earned earner for you!

3 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Whatever happened to the refs of yesterday - Pierluigi Collina ... perhaps Howard Webb .... even David Ellery ... ?

The latter put in the worst performance, bar one, (Ovrebo) that I've ever seen in 1994. 

Edited by Ham

2 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Ahh...anyone remeber the days of the PA announcement.._Todays Referee is David Braithwaite from Epping..the programme would also tell you  "he 'is an Insurance Adjuster"...(ficticious name!)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I should imagine they'd all be OK if they weren't going into games with an agenda led story to tell. 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

The latter [David Ellery] put in the worst performance, bar one, (Ovrebo) that I've ever seen in 1994. 

Before my time with Chelsea, I'm afraid - I was still in my cricketing days. And Dickie Bird didn't do reffing. [or umpire Constant]

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Like 1

Ahh ... forgot those. Post amended.

17 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

In England or Europe?

Tonight's ref is normally pretty decent (was in charge of our 3-0 win over Milan in the group stages). The guy who refereed the Madrid v Barca game the other day was good. Seen him doing CL games in the past and always looked calm and ignored play-acting (sorry can't remember his name). Far better than the Spanish ref who went to the WC last November.

8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

In England or Europe?

Tonight's ref is normally pretty decent (was in charge of our 3-0 win over Milan in the group stages). The guy who refereed the Madrid v Barca game the other day was good. Seen him doing CL games in the past and always looked calm and ignored play-acting (sorry can't remember his name). Far better than the Spanish ref who went to the WC last November.

Well I meant over here.

I have seen some excellent foreign refs but also some pretty awful and over zealous ones.

(Sorry, gone very much off topic)

Looking forward to this one now. I really hope Potter keeps the same team as last night and we see the same kind performance. I appreciate the intensity may not be the same, but I really hope the players respond to the response they got from the fans last night and put together a run of performances and results.

Come on Chelsea!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Looking forward to this one now. I really hope Potter keeps the same team as last night and we see the same kind performance. I appreciate the intensity may not be the same, but I really hope the players respond to the response they got from the fans last night and put together a run of performances and results.

Come on Chelsea!!!

Yep - this is a more realistic test of progression

let hope it not an after the lord mayors show performance

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Yep - this is a more realistic test of progression

let hope it not an after the lord mayors show performance

Oh, I dunno - there’s a great fireworks display after the Lord Mayors Show….

Yeah it is a no-brainer to play the same team again for this one especially with a week off to follow. Feels harsh on Badiashile to not be in the team but you can't argue with a MOTM performance from Cucurella and hopefully he can build on this.  

Now we've managed to score some goals, let's go out there, build on that and score at least a couple more - hopefully a from slightly more free flowing football.

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Yeah it is a no-brainer to play the same team again for this one especially with a week off to follow. Feels harsh on Badiashile to not be in the team but you can't argue with a MOTM performance from Cucurella and hopefully he can build on this.  

Now we've managed to score some goals, let's go out there, build on that and score at least a couple more - hopefully a from slightly more free flowing football.

Not a criticsm of your excellent post but the boldened bit...from a corner scored by a defender...(a bonus type goal.)... an amazing Sterling "feint" and a twice taken penalty ?...all very welcomed but hardly a goal fest or a fear inducing display for future opposition.

Maybe the luck has turned at last and "normal" efforts start going in instead of getting the curse bounce!