Leicester City 1 Chelsea 3

JaneB

22 minutes ago, chara said:

Not a criticsm of your excellent post but the boldened bit...from a corner scored by a defender...(a bonus type goal.)... an amazing Sterling "feint" and a twice taken penalty ?...all very welcomed but hardly a goal fest or a fear inducing display for future opposition.

Maybe the luck has turned at last and "normal" efforts start going in instead of getting the curse bounce!

Oh I completely agree. It's exactly what I was trying to get at with "hopefully  from slightly more free flowing football" - it felt more succinct and polite than hopefully these "sh*t" goals might open the floodgates a bit 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Oh I completely agree. It's exactly what I was trying to get at with "hopefully  from slightly more free flowing football" - it felt more succinct and polite than hopefully these "sh*t" goals might open the floodgates a bit 😂

Thank you for understanding what I was saying and not taking at any sort of dig at you...sometimes observations made by members are taken as personal attacks across the forum, much to my dismay .

The Football Gods do enjoy a "larf" with "s" goals but fortunately for Chelsea last night they all count!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

image.png.6f47b4ee14516caf575135a07ad4f738.png

Bear in mind we're a different club. We are Chelsea 2022 Ltd, totally distinct from the club of a similar name prior to the government's hysterical attempted pogrom. About the only thing that remains from the old regime is the tea lady, and I believe that contract is up for review shortly too. We need to begin creating a new history and just at the moment we're not exactly pulling up trees. Still, hoping that the squad aren't given days off post Dortmund, I would expect a continuation of the upward trajectory, albeit fairly shallow, and predict a win. Hopefully for Chelsea.

24 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Bear in mind we're a different club. We are Chelsea 2022 Ltd, totally distinct from the club of a similar name prior to the government's hysterical attempted pogrom. About the only thing that remains from the old regime is the tea lady, and I believe that contract is up for review shortly too. We need to begin creating a new history and just at the moment we're not exactly pulling up trees. Still, hoping that the squad aren't given days off post Dortmund, I would expect a continuation of the upward trajectory, albeit fairly shallow, and predict a win. Hopefully for Chelsea.

Sorry to reveal that she was replaced by a Barista. 

• Haha 1

Apparently Reece James hasn't been training and wasn't in any of the photos from Thursday's session. 

Even though he played vs Dortmund to me he looked very tentative for the most part like he was trying to nurse him hamstring a little. Didn't really show his usual burst of power and pace, then there was the Bellingham tackle on top. 

Wouldn't be shocked at all if he isn't picked for this one.

• Agree 1

This game last season provided a performance as good as I’d seen in years. Leicester could barely lay a glove on us and if we’d have got 7 goals it wouldn’t have been a shock. I think we were top of the league and by 3+ points or so.

Confidence and momentum should be kept and therefore, excepting injuries, I’d keep the same side as Tuesday. If Potter wants to rotate make it just positional and not structural e.g. Badiashile for one of the three at the back. Losing James would be a big blow currently as we don’t have anyone that can do close to the same job.

Leicester might wake-up and realise they’ve been dragged back in to the relegation battle and Potter needs to emphasise the need to win the physical battles that could take place.  First goal will probably dictate the result. 

Chilwell and Fofana will get a lovely warm, appreciative reception I’m sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

James, Sterling and Pea out for tomorrow's match. James is ill.

Too soon for Kante

..from the press conference

Jesus.  Some of our players are made of balsa wood.  How many games this season have been missed due to illness?

I thought those days ended when AC left.  

Just now, FrankLampard8 said:

Kepa

Fofana - Koulibaly - Cucurella

Loftus-Cheek - Kovacic - Enzo - Chilwell

Felix - Havertz - Mudryk

I'd have been tempted to go with Noni for RLC.  Leicester have been horrible. 

Can't believe James and Sterling are out again, absolutely no luck this season. We get a great performance and can't keep the same team for the following match! We still must stick to the formation though.

Kepa

Fofana - Koulibaly - Cucuerlla

RLC - Kovacic - Enzo - Chilwell

Mudryk - Havertz - Felix

39 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Is Badiashille not fit? Why's he not making any of these starting line-ups here? He's been excellent. 

He has, however, Cucurella put in a MoTM display on Tuesday night, so it feels equally harsh for him to miss out. Not an easy decision for GP.

Badiashille may come in for Fofana, given that Fofana has only just returned from injury, but he has been brilliant since coming into the team as well.

Nice problem to have, but it’s a tricky decision to make. Shame none of them could cover James at RWB.

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He has, however, Cucurella put in a MoTM display on Tuesday night, so it feels equally harsh for him to miss out. Not an easy decision for GP.

Badiashille may come in for Fofana, given that Fofana has only just returned from injury, but he has been brilliant since coming into the team as well.

Nice problem to have, but it’s a tricky decision to make. Shame none of them could cover James at RWB.

Cucurella looked an absolute baller last season and so maybe (hopefully) we're starting to see his real level finally. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1