Leicester City 1 Chelsea 3

JaneB

33 minutes ago, ROTG said:

In todays game it will take  5 minutes for the opposition to suss out the counter attacking game and naturally defend deeper. "Plan B anyone?"

The team has no identity or style of play which is something all successful teams need, with the current 3 on the bounce wins being down to the use of TT playbook and the quality of the teams beaten.

April is a better test to see if the club has turned a corner. 

halfemptymuch

• Haha 1

On 11/03/2023 at 22:07, Ham said:

For the first 60 minutes he gave the ball away and horribly miscontrolled everything that came his way. It was a car crash. Really awful.

I guess we see things differently. Example, he was heavily involved in the build up to Felix's disallowed goal. 

Grew into the game, certainly. Easy to forget or dismiss that he has joined a team in a league that is up and running when he was effectively in his "off season" with Shakhtar. 

10 hours ago, chrisb said:

Nice to see Ten Hag pointing out the lack of a red card for Leicester in this game after Casemiro’s red yesterday for a very similar “tackle”.  Doesn’t help us at all but it does prove just how shit VAR really is. 

The issue is not VAR per-se, the real issue are the people looking at two similar tackles and one gives a straight red and the other gives nowt.

The issue is the same one that's dogged the game for 30+ years and that is not enough good referees. 

Don't like VAR, our second goal (that counted) was only half celebrated at the game - people expected VAR to intervene yet again and give half a foot or toe or shoulder offside. It is literally killing the spontaneous moment of pure joy you get when a goal goes in.

On the game, after our goal Leicester bossed most of the first half,  we barely laid a glove on them in midfield and didn't press. Maybe that's Potters MO now. Look better on the break now, especially when Mudryk gets up to match fitness. There's lots to come from him, if he applies himself correctly. Enzo was great, most of the time - seems a little warrior to me. Kovicic and Havertz good. Cucurella did well again,  maybe having Chilwell in front offers him the chance to get tight knowing he's got some insurance nearby. Koulibaly just needs to keep doing his simple stuff, nothing too adventurous to complicated and he looks fine. 

Potter hasn't turned the corner yet, still on the apex. 

• Agree 1

On 12/03/2023 at 12:37, ROTG said:

Playing on the counter will not win you the league or get you anywhere near it.

And ... ''you will win nothing playing with kids'' said by a twit that is gladly no longer given air time.

Counter attack is a very shrewd tactic.I think it suits us now until we can confidently go for world domination.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kev61 said:

And ... ''you will win nothing playing with kids'' said by a twit that is gladly no longer given air time.

Counter attack is a very shrewd tactic.I think it suits us now until we can confidently go for world domination.

I can't agree that Hansen is a twit. He was a Rolls Royce of a player and a decent pundit who was, unlike most of the ex Scouse scum , pretty fair. He is saddled with 2 unfortunate comments (the Escobar tragedy and the "kids" remark, but was much wiser and more astute than most ex footballer pundits and certainly the execrable Lawrenson.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Lighten up mate, it was a joke.

I know - but I just had to check anyway - how many have played for both them and us................

Spackman - I had complete forgot about his history after Chelsea (before his comeback) - one of my youth hero

image.png.78703ab1e8152945a2b4da21dc3aa630.png

Edited by asvaberg

4 hours ago, asvaberg said:

I know - but I just had to check anyway - how many have played for both them and us................

Spackman - I had complete forgot about his history after Chelsea (before his comeback) - one of my youth hero

image.png.78703ab1e8152945a2b4da21dc3aa630.png

When our summer recruitment was a bit better than Boehly's.