Leicester City 1 Chelsea 3

JaneB

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Jesus.  Some of our players are made of balsa wood.  How many games this season have been missed due to illness?

I thought those days ended when AC left.  

It is weakening. Sterling seems to be allergic to playing football. I wouldn't be surprised if we went back to a back four with James out.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

And Ziyech is?

At 29 and with his PL experience absolutely.  Also if he has a run of a few decent games, the club might even get a few extra coins for him in the summer. 

Madueke got 8 years to prove his worth. 

27 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Starts tomorrow, anything but a convincing win means the last 2 games were merely a blip. Win tomorrow and we can dream of a european position of some kind

I would genuinely hope to finish outside European places altogether rather than the embarrassment of Thursday night ECL football. 

Top 4 or the first space outside Europe.

Genuinely. 

20 minutes ago, Ham said:

I would genuinely hope to finish outside European places altogether rather than the embarrassment of Thursday night ECL football. 

Genuinely. 

'Embarrasment'? Sorry mate,I don't doubt that you're being genuine,  but I can't see it. 

46 minutes ago, Ham said:

Genuinely. 

Mate we are going to win the CL so it won’t be an issue ( plus I will be £280 better off so double bubble). 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

'Embarrasment'? Sorry mate,I don't doubt that you're being genuine,  but I can't see it. 

There is a bigger picture though.  It’s  worth noting that the last time we won the league we had no European football to weigh us down.  Im not saying we stand a chance of winning the league next season but we stand a better chance of competing without Thursday night football in some dark and distant land. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Is there? A 'bigger picture'? I doubt it.

Seriously, I think that people here love to over think/over complicate things. Win what you can, when you can, and enjoy it.

Nobly is 100% right. One game a week in the mid term gets us top 4, maybe more.

Win the ECL and it's the most meh thing ever. It's way below us. No kudos, just "Thursday" jokes. 

10 hours ago, Ham said:

Genuinely. 

Exactly how I feel , less games , less wear and tear , more coaching .

MOTD without presenters. Actually I am quite looking forward to that. I think it may be a format I prefer as I wont have to get angry with them when their bias shows through, they fail to look at our VAR reviews not done etc.

Cant stand Lineker anyway.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Personally I’d go all out for a Europa spot. I know it’s not the Champions League, but you still get some great European nights, it gets our young players and manager (if he’s still here) more experience in European competition and it helps to generate revenue.

Europa Conference or whatever it is, I completely agree with wanting to avoid, it’s a joke of a tournament and if we did end up in it, I would hope the majority of first team players would be rested for those matches.

• Like 1

I suppose James and Sterling are out so…  Woukd want to play Badiashile ahead of Cucurella but harsh after his last performance. But with James out I’m drafting in RLC at RWB which requires more defensive solidity. So Badiashile gets the nod from me. 

Kepa

Fofana Koulibaly Badiashile

RLC      Enzo    Kovacic   Chilwell

Felix                  Mudryk

Havertz

An alternative is 433;

Kepa

Fofana  Koulibaly  Badiashile  Chilwell

Enzo             Kovacic

Mount

Felix                 Havertz               Mudryk

3 hours ago, exiledblue said:

MOTD without presenters. Actually I am quite looking forward to that. I think it may be a format I prefer as I wont have to get angry with them when their bias shows through, they fail to look at our VAR reviews not done etc.

Cant stand Lineker anyway.

Apparently Lineker is off to watch the game today so we will be pulled into the circus anyway. FFS.

I'm all for free speech and all that but I take enormous exception to FA Cup Ears comparing it to 1930's Germany. He clearly has zero knowledge of modern history.

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Europa Conference or whatever it is, I completely agree with wanting to avoid

I don't know, it would have us visiting places we've never been before.

5 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I suppose James and Sterling are out so…  

I wouldn't be surprised with a return to a back four as we don't really have the personnel to make wing backs work without both James and Chilwell playing.