Chelsea kits

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

These both contain real detail. I'm going with this. The one you posted looks like a very poor image of the same thing.  The collar looks similar just quite pixelated. 

I for one like this.

If you truly believe that, then I suggest you book a session with an optometrist a.s.a.p.

It may not be a very good image, but it's definitely NOT the same thing.

I shall leave it at that.

9 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

If you truly believe that, then I suggest you book a session with an optometrist a.s.a.p.

It may not be a very good image, but it's definitely NOT the same thing.

I shall leave it at that.

You know that the design bit with the Nike swoosh is inside the shirt and that it's a basic crew neck right? 

Screenshot_20230606_084252_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f8eb663e924fbf619312794bd8039af1.jpg

11 hours ago, Ham said:

It's the same shirt. The top one is a very bad photo from a terrible angle.

The allianz thing is just a mock up.  Nobody has been announced yet. 

One has white bits on the 'lats' and a totally different collar.

Just seen Bob mentioned the collar. The third image you've since posted is quite cool actually, I like that 

• 2 weeks later...

chelsea_1975-1978-dh.gif.db34967f5ead897d37d4085d1bd699c3.gif

1977 was the last year (I think) where we had shirt numbers on the shorts as well as a proper white stripe. I could live without the floppy white collar on the shirt but this is the vibe that I grew up with and I would dearly love to see its return. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Holymoly said:

chelsea_1975-1978-dh.gif.db34967f5ead897d37d4085d1bd699c3.gif

1977 was the last year (I think) where we had shirt numbers on the shorts as well as a proper white stripe. I could live without the floppy white collar on the shirt but this is the vibe that I grew up with and I would dearly love to see its return. 

Same here , white stripe down the side of the shorts is a must do for me too.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Same here , white stripe down the side of the shorts is a must do for me too.

It’ll definitely be better than the brown stripe that seemed to appear on the back of most of our players’ shorts this season straight after kick off.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, chrisb said:

It’ll definitely be better than the brown stripe that seemed to appear on the back of most of our players’ shorts this season straight after kick off.

Clashing with the yellow one down the back of the shirts.

• Haha 2

Smart move.  £40m for one year with Stake (Allianz offered £20m per year).  This time next year, if we've qualified for the CL we can negotiate a proper long term  deal. 

20230615_221916.jpg

Edited by Ham

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

Smart move.  £40m for one year with Stake (Allianz offered £20m per year).  This time next year, if we've qualified for the CL we can negotiate a proper long term  deal. 

If it is indeed £40m  (or any figure above what any other potential sponsor was offering) given 3's sponsorship ends in two weeks. I know the Telegraph are saying the deal "will be on a similar level" to what 3 were paying.

Personally, I'm more than disappointed that we're dealing with a gambling company, even if it's still within the rules.

• Agree 4

It was always likely. Boehly pointed out soon after Clearlake acquired Chelsea that he was interested in how they could leverage the club to other opportunities mentioning things like other sports/pastimes and even mentioning gambling specifically. I don't have a problem with it as long as members of the club obey the rules (and the spirit in which they are made). It's not up to me to tell others how to live their lives. 

• Like 1

I'm extremely disappointed that we are even considering this sponsorship. Not only is it generally repugnant, but it directly undermines the work that the CFC Foundation is doing on gambling.

The community outreach and charity work the club does is genuinely excellent, but they've had the rug pulled from under them here. How can we possibly continue with work like this while the players look like parading adverts for one of the worst online betting sites?

This really is a new low for me and we're walking directly into a PR disaster.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Ham said:

Smart move.  £40m for one year with Stake

Could this be used as a Segway into suggesting in the transfer topic section the club buying Ivan Toney this summer

Off to keep my head down in the trenches 

Edited by ROTG

I've no issue at all with a gambling company as our sponsor.

Presumably people were also outraged with Allianz?

Only issue is the logo looks absolutely rubbish, on what otherwise appeared to be a pretty cool kit.

Edited by ChelseaJambo

2 hours ago, Ham said:

"Stake" across the chest might explain why Count Havertz is so keen to leave 🧛‍♂️

2 hours ago, chrisb said:

And why Lukaku turned down Saudi and is coming back! 😂

Ba dum Tss!

Well played gentlemen 

So apparently the league told us we can't use Paramount+ as shirt sponsors as it would "upset" other streaming services. But they're fine with us advertising online betting and upsetting people's lives. There's 21st century priorities right there.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

So apparently the league told us we can't use Paramount+ as shirt sponsors as it would "upset" other streaming services. But they're fine with us advertising online betting and upsetting people's lives. There's 21st century priorities right there.

Somewhat puzzled !.... I used to have a subscription to Paramount+ as it gave me access to the European  comps but cancelled it when I realised it was included on my Amazon Prime stream along with a couple of other services and I was paying for it twice.

So. over here anyway, it's ok to have P+ on another streaming service but it upsets "others" in UK?

It's only a streaming service ffs and whilst any outlet can/should be taken to task for poor offerings somehow it doesn't seem to be as potentially harmful as a betting company...but that's only me.

On 15/06/2023 at 15:27, chrisb said:

But the brown stripe went so well with the yellow streak down the back of the shirts 😁