AFC Bournemouth 1 Chelsea 3

JaneB

Why are you calling him Stirling? His name is Sterling. 

Good results they effectively ends our season (positive). Now I reckon it’s time for Frank to give Madueke, Mudryk, Hall and Chukwuemeka some time on the pitch for the remaining games.  Perhaps also give Slonina a few games under his belt. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, ROTG said:

Have you lived or worked in Liverpool

As a matter fact I have and I found them as decent as any human beings in the many places I've been.

There's scum bags everywhere.

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, ROTG said:

To me it looked like the Stirling we paid £45m to city for, who picks up the ball on the left and drives at defenders in the box with the end result of Goal, Penalty for being fouled or passing it across the face of the goal.

Let's put it like this, I doubt whoever takes over the rains is going to show him the door, like him to loathe him, his pedigree in the PL is outstanding

I think his bank balance says the opposite, being paid  ~£350k per week at Chitty and Chelsea say he's not a blunt as you might believe

He will not be shown the door but with a new forward or two hopefully arriving plus mudryk and noni, sterling will have to get used to warming the bench and right so after this season. 

12 minutes ago, Blue Orca said:

He will not be shown the door but with a new forward or two hopefully arriving plus mudryk and noni, sterling will have to get used to warming the bench and right so after this season. 

We've spent a King's ransome putting this lot together, so maybe we should be waiting to see what we get out of them before going out and spending even more? 

New manager, new broom. I'd expect whoever the new manager is to spend time working with the players and figuring out who he wants in the squad. Of course, some will leave of their own volition.

2 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

New manager, new broom.

Same Boehly.

2 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I'd expect whoever the new manager is to spend time working with the players and figuring out who he wants in the squad. Of course, some will leave of their own volition.

This. 

16 hours ago, Blue Orca said:

pure comedy gold. 

20 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

We've spent a King's ransome putting this lot together, so maybe we should be waiting to see what we get out of them before going out and spending even more? 

Maybe but at least one forward will be coming in. Its blindingly obvious. 

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

pure comedy gold. 

Sterling is a complete waste of space, nobody where I sit rates him. Another waste if money. 

1 hour ago, Blue Orca said:

Sterling is a complete waste of space, nobody where I sit rates him. Another waste if money.

Sterling may not be everyone’s cup of tea. However when coached by Pep, TT and played in his strongest position he delivers goals and assists. He has played for top clubs for a majority of his career and not as a bench warmer. 
if you believe Mudryk or Madueke are better options, you are obviously eating marshmallow pies with rocking horse people. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

Sterling may not be everyone’s cup of tea. However when coached by Pep, TT and played in his strongest position he delivers goals and assists. He has played for top clubs for a majority of his career .

He's as fragile as  glass.Pep realised he was a surplus to requirements and got rid....simple really.

We were mug enough to buy a City reject.I never liked him,he is a player that needs a silver service otherwise he just looks like the average player that he is.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

He's as fragile as  glass.Pep realised he was a surplus to requirements and got rid....simple really.

We were mug enough to buy a City reject.I never liked him,he is a player that needs a silver service otherwise he just looks like the average player that he is.

Not really how it happened though.

Sterling would've been out of contract at the end of the season IIRC so this last chance to cash in, while Sterling himself wanted to be a more integral part of the side which was something Pep couldn't guarantee. 

An interesting tidbit - Sterling had played more games for Pep than any other player in his career, while also scored the third most goals behind only Messi and Aguero, and had the third most assists behind KDB and Messi. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

We were mug enough to buy a City reject.

Sterling was an absolute bargain, compared to the majority of the clubs who have mugged TB and his sports department over the past two transfer windows with over the hill or mid table PL players.

Edited by ROTG

On 08/05/2023 at 22:43, ROTG said:

Sterling may not be everyone’s cup of tea. However when coached by Pep, TT and played in his strongest position he delivers goals and assists. He has played for top clubs for a majority of his career and not as a bench warmer. 
if you believe Mudryk or Madueke are better options, you are obviously eating marshmallow pies with rocking horse people. 

Titter.

• Haha 1

On 07/05/2023 at 14:21, Sleeping Dave said:

Why are you calling him Stirling? His name is Sterling. 

Good results they effectively ends our season (positive). Now I reckon it’s time for Frank to give Madueke, Mudryk, Hall and Chukwuemeka some time on the pitch for the remaining games.  Perhaps also give Slonina a few games under his belt. 

Chuk is off to the U20 World Cup, when we have told them Hall is staying with us, as he will be playing. Proof of the pudding tomorrow, I guess

On 09/05/2023 at 03:36, kev61 said:

110 goals in his 5 seasons under Pep.

How is he fragile? He's made almost 600 career appearances by aged 28.

On a separate note - really pleased for those supporters who have travelled up and down the country watching this terrible season. Finally a pleasant day out!