Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

JaneB

27 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Who can blame him. Especially when you see the circus going on to appointment a new head coach. 

But..is it a circus?.....the media is having it's usual frenzy of half truths, speculation, in/out lists based on as much info almost as we as interested Chelsea watchers have.

We are frustrated because we want to KNOW but in the wider scheme of things there really is no reason for any announcement to be made by the Club until the season ends.

No doubt much ground work is being done and many issues we have no knowledge of...see the "stalker" news today..and the moving on of an apparent incompetent "official"... are being addressed.

IF, COULD, REPORTED, SAID, POSSIBLY, UNDERSTAND..... Need I add anymore "get out" words?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chara said:

But..is it a circus?.....

[SNIP]

Well, yes, in many ways it is. Forget the press speculation, etc. There are some basic facts that can't be ignored (and I'm not going to comment on whether good or bad decisions were made as that is subjective and I'm trying as best as possible to be objective here):

- New owners.
 - Wholesale changes at the 'top' of the club (commercial, legal, sporting, etc).
 - New owner having to do the job of 'player recruitment director'.
 - CL winning manager sacked and replaced by 'up-and-coming' young English manager.
 - Entire medical department disbanded.
 - Investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by a newly appointed commercial manager not taken seriously by his immediate boss who appointed him and with whom he had previously worked elsewhere.
 - Player recruitment team slowly takes shape, with new data analysts and directors of football, recruitment, etc put in place.
 - New 'up-and-coming' manager seems to be drowning as results continue to disappoint.
 -  January transfer spending takes combined summer/winter outlay to almost £500m.
 - Results continue on a downward trend, as does the club's league position.
 - "Up-and-coming" manager sacked and replaced by former manager and club legend on a strictly temporary basis.
 - Club seem to take recruitment process of a new manger more seriously. However this lengthier and more intense process may have upset one or more potential candidates who may have felt (justified or not) that they should be the one and only candidate.
 - In spite of stories that a candidate has now been chosen, the club have yet to announce the new manager.
 - New commercial director appointed. Previous commercial director (see para 6) resigns.
 - Main shirt sponsor yet to be announced (current deal ends this summer)

I'm sure I've probably missed something, but on the whole this is a brief overview of the 2022/23 season. If that's not a circus, I'm not sure what is. Having said that, I, personally, am actually optimistic for next season. Lessons will have been learned, operational methods will change, and the man yet to be announced as the new manager will sort out our bloated squad, get the players fit again, and drill a tactical system into them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Well, yes, in many ways it is. Forget the press speculation, etc. There are some basic facts that can't be ignored (and I'm not going to comment on whether good or bad decisions were made as that is subjective and I'm trying as best as possible to be objective here):

- New owners.
 - Wholesale changes at the 'top' of the club (commercial, legal, sporting, etc).
 - New owner having to do the job of 'player recruitment director'.
 - CL winning manager sacked and replaced by 'up-and-coming' young English manager.
 - Entire medical department disbanded.
 - Investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by a newly appointed commercial manager not taken seriously by his immediate boss who appointed him and with whom he had previously worked elsewhere.
 - Player recruitment team slowly takes shape, with new data analysts and directors of football, recruitment, etc put in place.
 - New 'up-and-coming' manager seems to be drowning as results continue to disappoint.
 -  January transfer spending takes combined summer/winter outlay to almost £500m.
 - Results continue on a downward trend, as does the club's league position.
 - "Up-and-coming" manager sacked and replaced by former manager and club legend on a strictly temporary basis.
 - Club seem to take recruitment process of a new manger more seriously. However this lengthier and more intense process may have upset one or more potential candidates who may have felt (justified or not) that they should be the one and only candidate.
 - In spite of stories that a candidate has now been chosen, the club have yet to announce the new manager.
 - New commercial director appointed. Previous commercial director (see para 6) resigns.
 - Main shirt sponsor yet to be announced (current deal ends this summer)

I'm sure I've probably missed something, but on the whole this is a brief overview of the 2022/23 season. If that's not a circus, I'm not sure what is. Having said that, I, personally, am actually optimistic for next season. Lessons will have been learned, operational methods will change, and the man yet to be announced as the new manager will sort out our bloated squad, get the players fit again, and drill a tactical system into them.

Ok...from that angle it's hard not to agree with you...I think I was looking specifically at the new coach perspective.

The final hope is one we all share and well put Bob.

On 23/05/2023 at 01:38, kev61 said:

To build any team around any one player is madness never mind a player that looked decent(and no more)in a poor world cup in an average winning team.

I think you and me must be watching different games from the other Chelsea fans who think this guy is special. What I see is a very bang average player who runs like he's carrying a fridge on his back.

22 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I think you and me must be watching different games from the other Chelsea fans who think this guy is special. What I see is a very bang average player who runs like he's carrying a fridge on his back.

I guess you will be saying the same about Enzo next season?

or have you already?

5 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

As I posted elsewhere (Transfer thread, I think), there are stories circulating that Nkunku is having second thoughts.

I don't buy into it personally because by all accounts the deal has already been "signed off" on, so it'll happen regardless.

Marco Rose also let slip a few weeks back that these were Nkunku's last few weeks at Leipzig. 

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Yeah, I just don't get it.What is his usp(unique selling point).

There is nothing unique about him that many midfielders in the Premiership can't do.

Maybe his fans can tell us what he does that makes him stand out from the crowd?

I would rather Felix and Mount stayed than a world cup winner with no other credentials.

3 hours ago, chara said:

Ok...from that angle it's hard not to agree with you...I think I was looking specifically at the new coach perspective.

The final hope is one we all share and well put Bob.

You'r such a diplomat Chara and a nice person.Bob's post is just waffle.New manager yes new owners yes.The rest is just a sandwich with no filling.

11 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Yes I think you ste watching a diff player. Can see he is quality in a bang average team, with next to nothing in front of him on the pitch when on the ball and an unreliable defence. He will develop further especially if Poch is coming in. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Can’t seriously believe anyone is digging Enzo out. We are rubbish, we all know that. If you ask who our best player has been, in spite of the gargantuan ****show and come up with any answer other than Enzo, you are wrong IMO. Literally 30+ other players to dig out before him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Can’t seriously believe anyone is digging Enzo out. We are rubbish, we all know that. If you ask who our best player has been, in spite of the gargantuan ****show and come up with any answer other than Enzo, you are wrong IMO. Literally 30+ other players to dig out before him.

My player of the season by a country mile and he only joined in January. His performance and effort never dropped. 

A gem. Anyone who says otherwise is on a wind up. 

• Agree 1