Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at the Ethiad Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00 hours on Sunday, 21st May 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

29 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Yes we do Ham, because Man City need to beat us to hopefully stop Arsenal winning the title.

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'd say play the kids but the big boys are rubbish enough to lose this handsomely. 

I'd take ten nil if it stops L'Arse 

I can’t understand this defeatism, it’s not like we’re actually going to trouble them at all! 😂

We’ll be like a slightly annoying fly to them, we’ll bother them for 5 minutes before they kill us. Dead.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'd say play the kids but the big boys are rubbish enough to lose this handsomely. 

I'd take ten nil if it stops L'Arse 

Thankfully GD is not going to be a factor for them so they can afford to cruise to a comfortable 2 or 3 goal win in second gear.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Oh god, this could be bad! Let’s hope they win today and Arsenal lose, so they feel they can rest most of the 11, which would give us a chance to keep them under 10 goals.

But but but isn't the situation like this: ManC can get the title by beating us, no matter how Arsenal do (since they lost home to Brighton this evening)?

I bet City will bring their best lineup and beat us easily.

I HATE Chelsea losing anything ..always have and always will,,BUT...for just once it would be delicious for Citeh to pip Arsenal at the post by beating us and p'ing off the arse lot with a Chelsea loss that would usually raise a smile for them  ending all their absurd (can say that now ) aspirations!!! 

Snigger....

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 13/05/2023 at 17:02, JaneB said:

Yes we do Ham, because Man City need to beat us to hopefully stop Arsenal winning the title.

Not now. 

Can easily see City making a lot of changes for this. In fact, they could be champions by Saturday evening. 

14 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

It would be so Chelsea to put in the performance of the decade and beat them. I NEVER want us to lose BUT if we take a beating and it conforms Citeh as champs I’ll take it just this once. 😉

If Forest avoid defeat to Arsenal (at Forest) then it's all over. 

What surprise changes will Frank make for this one? Madueke has a good couple of games, so I imagine he'll probably be ditched for Pulisic or Ziyech. Sterling grabbed a couple of goals, so maybe give him a rest.

I hope we see:

Kepa

Chalobah - Fofana - Badiashile - Hall

Chukwuemeka - Enzo - Gallagher

Madueke - Havertz - Sterling

On 13/05/2023 at 17:38, chrisb said:

I can’t understand this defeatism, it’s not like we’re actually going to trouble them at all! 😂

We’ll be like a slightly annoying fly to them, we’ll bother them for 5 minutes before they kill us. Dead.

Was going to use the moth analogy but a fly works just as good. Both short term pests that eventually slow then expire.

On 14/05/2023 at 19:59, Original 21 said:

Given that Frank’s cunning plan to defeat Forest at home was to change goalkeepers, I’m not convinced we’ve got a chance of escaping a drubbing. I just hope it’s not too demoralising. I think  4-0 would be a respectable outcome. 

He may change goalkeepers again, just to see if it works this time. Repeating same behaviour time after time and expecting a different result is a sign of madness. 

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

What surprise changes will Frank make for this one? Madueke has a good couple of games, so I imagine he'll probably be ditched for Pulisic or Ziyech. Sterling grabbed a couple of goals, so maybe give him a rest.

I hope we see:

Kepa

Chalobah - Fofana - Badiashile - Hall

Chukwuemeka - Enzo - Gallagher

Madueke - Havertz - Sterling

Far too many kids being throw into the lion den and potentially being scared for life. Especially as Chitty will not hold back on this one.

Be better off playing the likes of Zyech for damage limitation and there is a good possibility they will not be at the club for the new coach

32 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Far too many kids being throw into the lion den and potentially being scared for life. Especially as Chitty will not hold back on this one.

Be better off playing the likes of Zyech for damage limitation and there is a good possibility they will not be at the club for the new coach

If we play Ziyech , Pulisic , RLC,  Mendy etc then we'll get an FA charge for playing a weakened side 

47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If we play Ziyech , Pulisic , RLC,  Mendy etc then we'll get an FA charge for playing a weakened side 

I thought RLC looked decent recently.  He's so frustrating. I could finally reconcile the fact that he's not good enough but then he does something good and has me wondering again.  

22 minutes ago, Ham said:

I thought RLC looked decent recently.  He's so frustrating. I could finally reconcile the fact that he's not good enough but then he does something good and has me wondering again.  

Same here.

I just think enough is too much. 

3 hours ago, Ham said:

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Same here.

I just think enough is too much. 

Ham and Mark...exactly what most of us have been saying forever...always the "nearly man"...wished so much for the guy but how long do we wait?