Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

JaneB

59 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Gerry Rafferty 1979

(Not from memory!!! Looked it up!!!)

Hmm.....not checked it yet but believe the version I have is by some obscure American 70's type miscreant,,,hence in my "Whimsical" section..will look now.

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Gerry Rafferty 1979

(Not from memory!!! Looked it up!!!)

Whoops..sorry Jane, OG memory blip...checked a lot of obscure cd's and found what I was looking for but a big blooper...a country CD...Saloon Country...just about a finger tip connection to a Chelsea  topic...my fave track..re a "Last Dance Saloon"...(last dance for some of our spoilt tulips ?) by The Oak Ridge Boys,, "Y'all Come Back Saloon",

The track I got confused about was "Black Velvet" by Robin Lee..

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'm sure that you've heard it already, but just in case, check out Alannah Myles' version of Black Velvet.

Will do MT...figured you might contribute and know the song !

Goodness knows how I confused it with Night Owl!

A Plus though was some real whimsical stuff I'd not forgotten but not really remembered if you know what I mean...Gram Parsons among others...will at some time get on the Music etc forum and list a few just out of curiosity...I've pushed the off topic mods benevolence  to the edge!!

Edited by chara

4 hours ago, chara said:

Goodness knows how I confused it with Night Owl!

😜

4 hours ago, chara said:

.Gram Parsons among others

The 'great' Gram Parsons. I'm sure that you're familiar with it, but if you haven't heard it for a while, check out 'Return Of The Grievous Angel', by Gram and Emmylou. Easy to find on YouTube.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

😜

The 'great' Gram Parsons. I'm sure that you're familiar with it, but if you haven't heard it for a while, check out 'Return Of The Grievous Angel', by Gram and Emmylou. Easy to find on YouTube.

Got it mate..will dig it out again !!!...Know they were an "item"or such and always loved Emmylou...got a lot of her stuff,,,"Gulf Coast Highway" with Willie...and I think I posted a while back,,for me an electrifying live performance at Farm Aid.."Pancho and Lefty"..

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sorry to go off-topic, but I really don't know what to expect on Sunday, the fact that City are in the CL final makes me think they may rest players and go a little easy on Sunday, not that this will help us to be fair.

Hey Sam ..what's this going off topic?.....bad example from a mod...we are in the middle of a "whimsical music" debate and you bring up FOOTBALL?😁

• Haha 1

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Keeping it off topic…. Koulibaly still out and Badiashile injured as well, so we’re pretty light back there now with James, Chilwell and Cucurella still out.

Chalobah - Silva - Fofana - Hall to start with Azpi the option from the bench?

Hmm.....bad positional injury list....defenders in the main...but I ask myself..will it matter?

18 hours ago, chara said:

Hmm.....bad positional injury list....defenders in the main...but I ask myself..will it matter?

I guess the new medical team does not drink double diamond because they are not working wonders 

I’ll get my coat. 

Edited by ROTG

On 18/05/2023 at 17:58, JaneB said:

???????  Has it got to that point with us Chelsea supporters? 😉 

I cannot bear the thought of Arsenal grabbing the title but how can I want Chelsea to lose?  A belting performance from us would do with Citeh awarded a very dubious penalty in the last minute of the match.  I can't believe I am even saying that so let's hope that matters are decided before we play them.

City don't need to beat us to win the title. In any case I never want Chelsea to lose !

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

I guess the new medical team does not drink double diamond because they are not working wonders 

I’ll get my coat. 

Ah,,,memory lane.....and coats come (s) up from Zummerzet ?

Edited by chara

On 18/05/2023 at 17:58, JaneB said:

???????  Has it got to that point with us Chelsea supporters? 😉 

I cannot bear the thought of Arsenal grabbing the title 

I am dismayed at the sight of every Chelsea fan preferring the Lance Armstrong of football cheats to win the title over a proper football club.

Without their 15 years of industrial scale financial fraud there would be no Pep, Haaland and co at that stinking, corrupt outfit. 

Some things should be much bigger than local rivalries or any hate/dislike of other clubs and this is most definitely one where we should rise above those things.

19 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I am dismayed at the sight of every Chelsea fan preferring the Lance Armstrong of football cheats to win the title over a proper football club.

Without their 15 years of industrial scale financial fraud there would be no Pep, Haaland and co at that stinking, corrupt outfit. 

Some things should be much bigger than local rivalries or any hate/dislike of other clubs and this is most definitely one where we should rise above those things.

Very much respect (and agree) your views bb but the focus I believe is on true London Tribalism and the glee...unsavoury as it may be but we all revel in it...of watching The Arse stumble at the finishing line rather than any endorsement of the Citeh ethics (or lack off)...I hazard a guess that most here also are enjoying the latest Spursy moment...in a dismal season such rays of weak sunshine are welcomed.

• Like 1