Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

JaneB

43 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I am dismayed at the sight of every Chelsea fan preferring the Lance Armstrong of football cheats to win the title over a proper football club.

Without their 15 years of industrial scale financial fraud there would be no Pep, Haaland and co at that stinking, corrupt outfit. 

Some things should be much bigger than local rivalries or any hate/dislike of other clubs and this is most definitely one where we should rise above those things.

Sorry, I hate Arsenal and their "good on the Internet" supporters miles more than I hate the fact City are gaming the system to their advantage. Arsenal have always looked down on us so I will rejoice when they win the same as we do this season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

I am dismayed at the sight of every Chelsea fan preferring the Lance Armstrong of football cheats to win the title over a proper football club.

[SNIP]

Glad you mention Armstrong.

I'd rather City win the title over Arsenal because in a few years time, when all the legal  wrangling is over and done with,  City will have their titles stripped from them, and in the record books, next to WINNERS will be the word NONE. Not the team that came second; just NONE

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sorry, I hate Arsenal and their "good on the Internet" supporters miles more than I hate the fact City are gaming the system to their advantage. Arsenal have always looked down on us so I will rejoice when they win the same as we do this season. 

Prefer the phrase “f*ck all!”

Edited by chrisb

10 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Glad you mention Armstrong.

I'd rather City win the title over Arsenal because in a few years time, when all the legal  wrangling is over and done with,  City will have their titles stripped from them, and in the record books, next to WINNERS will be the word NONE. Not the team that came second; just NONE

I wish I could be as confident as you that this kind of justice will prevail. I suspect, however, that nothing will happen, that the whole affair will be whitewashed because of the lack of appetite, resource and competence on the part of the football authorities to pursue City to the bitter end.

What Borat needs to understand, however, is that most football supporters discount City's achievements; their winning the title is irrelevant, whereas if Arsenal won it the title would be legitimate and all the more galling for that! Arsenal fans are already insufferable, so the prospect of The Arse as champions is unthinkable!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I wish I could be as confident as you that this kind of justice will prevail. I suspect, however, that nothing will happen, that the whole affair will be whitewashed because of the lack of appetite, resource and competence on the part of the football authorities to pursue City to the bitter end.

[SNIP]

I think the FA will have to carry on until the bitter end because this isn't about 'financial fair play' or 'sports doping' or whatever phrase some supporters, commentators, journalists etc., use (either because they've not looked deeply enough into the story, or out of sheer laziness, or because of bias)...  this is about FRAUD, pure and simple. 

The only aspect of all of this that surprises me is that the FA/PL etc haven't asked the police to get involved.

• Like 2

Quote from Bluemoon on Chelsea game after becoming champions:

Play 2nd team, give the 1st team a good rest, and then gradually ease them into the right rhythm before the finals. We will still murder Chelsea, no doubt. No need to risk injuries tomorrow, the lads must be mentally and physically drained. CONGRATULATIONS LADS!

Doubt that Pep will see it that way.

4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Without their 15 years of industrial scale financial fraud there would be no Pep, Haaland and co at that stinking, corrupt outfit. 

Some things should be much bigger than local rivalries or any hate/dislike of other clubs and this is most definitely one where we should rise above those things.

lol, City are cheats so I should want Arsenal to win the title. With galaxy-brained thinking like that, I'm amazed you're not backing Pep's boys.

Let's be really clear, and about something that would go without saying if not for this daft moralising. Chelsea supporters shouldn't want anyone but Chelsea to win the title.

After that, what I'd prefer is an easy life. I don't know any City fans. I don't interact with them. Even the noisiest, most obnoxious one lives over a hundred miles from me. Arsenal's numerous pricks are just down the road. If they could be trusted to celebrate a title win for what it is rather than still lean into schadenfreude and moralising (ah, getting the Arsenal preference now), perhaps I'd not begrudge them. But they can't be. I'll take not being pestered by Gooner morons for the next 6 months, ta.

Also, so we're getting tanked by City's U19s now!

• Haha 2

The advantage of the cheats winning is that the victory is entirely hollow whether they are punished or not. Most likely the FA/UEFA wil fine them, trouser the proceeds, but allow them to keep what they have 'won' as their ill-gotten gains, thus making it very clear to all other participants that none of their so-called victories has any value. 

3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

The only aspect of all of this that surprises me is that the FA/PL etc haven't asked the police to get involved.

Let's be honest, everyone knew this was going on from day 1. The Prem just wanted another club to break the monopoly of us United, Liverpool and Arsenal always in the top 4. It's only now when society has decided to disappear up its own back passage in self righteous indignation over everything from statues of philanthropists who may or may not have been involved in slavery to returning the Elgin Marbles to Greece that they have decided to do something about the club who has besmirched the otherwise blameless record of professional football. They tried to put us out of business last year and now have decided to do something about the Frankenstein's monster that has precluded United from not getting a sniff at the title for 10 years. I'll be surprised if City end up with anything more than a fine and a slap on the wrist.

• Disagree 1

56 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Let's be honest, everyone knew this was going on from day 1. The Prem just wanted another club to break the monopoly of us United, Liverpool and Arsenal always in the top 4. It's only now when society has decided to disappear up its own back passage in self righteous indignation over everything from statues of philanthropists who may or may not have been involved in slavery to returning the Elgin Marbles to Greece that they have decided to do something about the club who has besmirched the otherwise blameless record of professional football. They tried to put us out of business last year and now have decided to do something about the Frankenstein's monster that has precluded United from not getting a sniff at the title for 10 years. I'll be surprised if City end up with anything more than a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Nothing to do with anything you mentioned there! Nothing to do with the club being basically state owned and by a very questionable one at that. Furthermore, nobody knew this was going on from day one either. It took many years before suspicions began to arise.

UEFA would have nailed them but for the time lapse of evidence which got City off on a technicality, so this is not an issue people in the game have suddenly started to take notice of.

This is not a case of a couple of  dodgy transfer dealings here and there . A few brown envelopes being passed under the table. A season or two's accounts not adding up, which are things which have gone on in football for generations. This is fraud on the scale never seen in any professional sport anywhere in the world. Without it, City would just one of the other top 6 fighting for a trophy every season, not hoovering up trophies  year in year out.

8 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Nothing to do with anything you mentioned there! Nothing to do with the club being basically state owned and by a very questionable one at that. Furthermore, nobody knew this was going on from day one either. It took many years before suspicions began to arise.

Sorry, you didn't realise the club was owned by Abu Dhabi? Of course everyone knew the club was being financed outwith the accepted rules of financial management. These "belated allegations" have already been going on for over four years now and have only just reached the point of charges being laid. City will spin this out for many more years and they've made a start by accusing the chief accuser of being an Arsenal fan and therefore clearly tainted. I guarantee that it will reach the point when the media tires of following the story and the Premier League will lose the motivation to continue to seek prosecuting the club because of the massive legal costs involved. It will eventually be quietly "swept under the carpet" with an eye watering fine which will literally be chump change to the owners with a warning not to do it again. There is no way the club will be demoted down the leagues or the historical records altered. Unfortunately however the damage has been done.

Personally, I have no real issue with the way City has gone about their business. They have acquired well, managed superbly and play football the way it is meant to be played. It's not down to money, we've proved that this season. The real penalty will only be felt by City when Pep eventually leaves as that will presage the end of this run of dominance.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Sentences I never thought I would say. #1: If we win the next three games, we could go above Fulham.

Only if we score 9 goals and don’t concede any!

If we lose the next three we finish below Palace!

50 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

b) It’ll teach our players what it’s like to have to clap another team who have been so consistently good. A team to aspire to. 

I doubt our lot will give a toss.