Chelsea 2 AFC Wimbledon 1

JaneB

1 hour ago, Miguelito07 said:

I agree. 

check out his match review from yesterday:

Chelsea’s Enzo Fernández shows his worth with AFC Wimbledon winner | Carabao Cup | The Guardian

Strange there's no mention on the transfer fees......NOT!

You can understand his bile because West Ham who he supports never buy anyone apparently , they're a bit like Liverpool in that respect preferring to do things the right way and bring all their players through the youth team set up 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, martin1905 said:

I know Paul but this is just bonkers.

Wimbledon at home in the second round of the league cup and we make changes, played Maatsen, Humphreys and Burstow, alongside Colwill and Gallagher so 5 academy players in the starting 11, who'd have thought that was possible, comfortably win the game, it's a shame it wasn't on TV for people to see just how comfortable it was and yet people still moan.

Last night was like a training match, I'd argue it was less intense and against lesser opposition than if we played out reserve's, completely and utterly dominated and didn't break sweat, with most fringe players getting a run out, three more academy players starting and we won. 

What more do you want from this sort of tie?

I'd love to know how the moaners think we are going to keep someone like Maatsen happy, if they had it their way he wouldn't have played last night, would want to leave and then they would moan about that!

Sorry Martin, I think your statement is bonkers. 

this is. 40 - 46 match season not a 60 - 70 match season which was the norm for the club. 

you say it was a training session, that being the case how come the team could not score from open play? (1 penalty and a horrendous error from the Wimbledon goalkeeper)

Poch’s starting 11 is still not functional and this was a perfect opportunity to get more minutes until the game was out of reach then use the academy players. 

As for Maatsen, because of the limited amount of games this season I doubt he will be starting many of those games this season.

time for me to put the tin hat on 😀

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Sorry Martin, I think your statement is bonkers. 

this is. 40 - 46 match season not a 60 - 70 match season which was the norm for the club. 

Exactly, even more of a reason to use these games for the fringe players 

you say it was a training session, that being the case how come the team could not score from open play? (1 penalty and a horrendous error from the Wimbledon goalkeeper)

Because it's football and that's what happens sometimes.

Poch’s starting 11 is still not functional and this was a perfect opportunity to get more minutes until the game was out of reach then use the academy players. 

Well he certainly didn't agree and he's really the only one that matters.

Can use the Forest, Bournemouth, Villa, Fulham and Burnley games to get the first 11 functioning.

I really don't see how one game, against a league two side is going to make that much difference.

As for Maatsen, because of the limited amount of games this season I doubt he will be starting many of those games this season.

time for me to put the tin hat on 😀

No but he may well start the rest of the cup games, get some league games under his belt, hopefully sign a new contract and we go from there. 

Or we could not play him against a league two team in the league cup, at home, and then all wonder why he wants to leave. At least that way you'd have something worth moaning about I suppose.

• Like 1

Only seen the weird short video of the "penalty" and things not very clear but the consensus from posters who's opinions I trust agree Sanchez got the ball first.

That being the case how can a penalty be awarded unless there was an obvious unnecessary follow through...the keeper goes in where it hurts and the attacker makes the same choice.

I suspect there was an "unconscious" underdog element in the decision and don't forget the aim of the PG lot is to "manage" (orchestrate) the game...what better than the plucky little fish going ahead early.

For the OG's...I will forever blame Shilton for not going through Maradona for the HoG goal. (My view and not a subject for discussion here.)

Keepers (yeah I'm biased) get more protection now days but still are very vulnerable as we well know from the PC incident..are we getting to the stage that attackers and oppo players are being protected from Keepers?..sigh..(5 days in hospital after the attentions away from the ball by an attacker tends to make me biased!)

Next round will be interesting and for real....thank goodness we didn't draw Spuds..the media would have wet itself,,,Oh wait,,,,,

Edited by chara

7 minutes ago, chara said:

Next round will be interesting and for real....thank goodness we didn't draw Spuds..the media would have wet itself,,,Oh wait,,,,,

Is not the next round Chelsea vs Chelsea feeder club? 😀

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, chara said:

Only seen the weird short video of the "penalty" and things not very clear but the consensus from posters who's opinions I trust agree Sanchez got the ball first.

That being the case how can a penalty be awarded unless there was an obvious unnecessary follow through...the keeper goes in where it hurts and the attacker makes the same choice.

I suspect there was an "unconscious" underdog element in the decision and don't forget the aim of the PG lot is to "manage" (orchestrate) the game...what better than the plucky little fish going ahead early.

For the OG's...I will forever blame Shilton for not going through Maradona for the HoG goal. (My view and not a subject for discussion here.)

Keepers (yeah I'm biased) get more protection now days but still are very vulnerable as we well know from the PC incident..are we getting to the stage that attackers and oppo players are being protected from Keepers?..sigh..(5 days in hospital after the attentions away from the ball by an attacker tends to make me biased!)

I'm with you on this , the keeper comes and punches the ball , that's what they do , if they then follow through , as the only person on the pitch allowed to use their hands (unless Anthony Taylor is the ref that is ) then anything that happens afterwards is a tit for tat coming together , we got screwed over , yet again by a pillock , on purpose. 

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Exactly, even more of a reason to use these games for the fringe players 

I thought according to you top is is a must, therefore with such a limited amount of game not sure this is the right philosophy 

Well he certainly didn't agree and he's really the only one that matters.

I thought his stand off with the press after the match and answers was more that he knew he got away with it. 

Can use the Forest, Bournemouth, Villa, Fulham and Burnley games to get the first 11 functioning.

One would hope there is  15 points for the taking to keep your top 4 prediction on track. 

I really don't see how one game, against a league two side is going to make that much difference.

see above reply

No but he may well start the rest of the cup games, get some league games under his belt, hopefully sign a new contract and we go from there. 

Or we could not play him against a league two team in the league cup, at home, and then all wonder why he wants to leave. At least that way you'd have something worth moaning about I suppose.

We will Probably have a better idea once at the end of the current transfer window or January’s 

Always enjoy the banter. 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm with you on this , the keeper comes and punches the ball , that's what they do , if they then follow through , as the only person on the pitch allowed to use their hands (unless Anthony Taylor is the ref that is ) then anything that happens afterwards is a tit for tat coming together , we got screwed over , yet again by a pillock , on purpose. 

Why not, next time we get a corner, stick 6 or 7 players along the edge of the six yard box. Loft a cross in, over all of their heads, wait for the GK to claim or punch it, and inevitably then bump into one of our players. Penalty. Bingo. 

• Agree 1