Official: Chelsea sign Djordje Petrovic on a 7 Year Contract

JaneB

16 minutes ago, JaneB said:

But isn't the MLS a major step down from the Premier League?

Yes..but the best..for me...MLS to EPL players have been Keepers....Howard, Friedel and on.....not Top top but better than what we have I think.

• Thanks 1

For those like me who've never heard of Petrovic, much less seen him play, here's the classic YT video to provide a tough idea of what he's like. 

Looks a big imposing figure, excellent agility for his size in all honesty, and seemingly a good shot-stopper. Would like to see more of his distribution but otherwise seems a promising enough pickup. 

Hmm..impressive highlights..some dodgy punching early on but really not a complete picture..I would like to see goals he conceded...would give a far more rounded view..it's not conceding goals it's how they are conceded that gives the real balance.

Wish him well and he does look to have the "They Shall Not Pass" gene!....

8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I am sure you will get plenty of opportunities to see goals conceded 😀

I'll get my coat

When you preach to the the flock.Do you say 'the end is nigh'! and 'repent repent'.!

You'r good fun old noodle but I can't quite grasp what argument you put forward.

There has to be positive terminal that goes into your battery?.

1 minute ago, kev61 said:

When you preach to the the flock.Do you say 'the end is nigh'! and 'repent repent'.!

You'r good fun old noodle but I can't quite grasp what argument you put forward.

There has to be positive terminal that goes into your battery?.

Often tell the flock, word are only for guidance, each to follow their own path

Not overly worried about a 12m quid goalkeeper, maybe he will be the next Cech, only time will tell

As I have said may times my old china, I will be more than happy to hold my hands up and say I am wrong.

Talking about positives the window closes in two days,  it is then down to Poch to deliver

Onwards and upwards

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Often tell the flock, word are only for guidance, each to follow their own path

Not overly worried about a 12m quid goalkeeper, maybe he will be the next Cech, only time will tell

As I have said may times my old china, I will be more than happy to hold my hands up and say I am wrong.

Talking about positives the window closes in two days,  it is then down to Poch to deliver

Onwards and upwards

Fair enough - but there has to be certain players that excite you?.or are you impotent in that department.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Fair enough - but there has to be certain players that excite you?.or are you impotent in that department.

Certainly no brewers here.

Just don’t understand how a club can spend 1b and not improve the squad.

As I said once the transfer window is closed we can fully judge the squad and coach. 

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I agree - but there has to be a silver lining in the dark cloud you see.

I'll be honest with you - I am one step away from walking away from the obscene money involved.

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Certainly no brewers here.

As I said once the transfer window is closed we can fully judge the squad and coach. 

Not all spending is the same.

Improvement isn't linear. 

"I asked for no.99 but that number is too high for the Premier League." 

Get in the bin. Choose a proper number man! 😄

Chooses 99, ends up with no. 28.  Apart from that, i'm actually glad he's here and have heard some very good things about him.  Hoping it all turns out to be true!

9 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

It will be some database programmer who decided to ignore good programming practice and overload the meaning of squad numbers so that "99" has a "special meaning".

Tbh, I'm just generally irritated by any silly squad numbers.  If you have 25 players + 6 youth teamers, there's not really any good reason that the numbers shouldn't be 1-31. 

And this nonsense of someone choosing 99 because "number 9 isn't free" or 77 because a better player already has no.7 is just rubbish.

Edited by Bert19
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The squad has definitely been improved , its got players who actually want to be here for one.

It’s a rinse and repeat discussion. 

Best being revisited at the half way point and the end of the season.