Khobar's Legacy

My Blood Is Blue

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Quietly getting on with it whilst we ruin football once again. 

It actually did occur to me on my way back from Tesco that Clearlake's first year in charge bears serious comparison to Roman's when we saw Crespo, Cole, Duff, Veron, Makelele, Mutu et al walk through the door. Hopefully it all presages a similar amount of league success.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

It actually did occur to me on my way back from Tesco that Clearlake's first year in charge bears serious comparison to Roman's when we saw Crespo, Cole, Duff, Veron, Makelele, Mutu et al walk through the door. Hopefully it all presages a similar amount of league success.

It definitely feels very similar to me too , I'm quite confident that the new signings will change our fortunes and lead to a more easy on the eye style too. 

We could do with a Crespo though to be honest 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It definitely feels very similar to me too , I'm quite confident that the new signings will change our fortunes and lead to a more easy on the eye style too. 

We could do with a Crespo though to be honest 

Remember his heartbreaker against Wigan, where they had outplayed us? Barry Davies sobbed, "Oh no!" as it went in to win us the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RDCW said:

Remember his heartbreaker against Wigan, where they had outplayed us? Barry Davies sobbed, "Oh no!" as it went in to win us the game.

It was actually Martin Tyler who I already disliked at the time , the commentary goes , like this from Memory 

"On Nooooooo" fifteen seconds of dead air whilst the director presumably advises him to watch his bias followed by " For Wigan but Hooray for Chelsea" 

Look how excited he was when City won the league , Look how excited he was when Kompany scored from range to win the league , then see how bored he was when Lampard wins Chelsea their first league title in fifty years against Bolton.

I can't wait til the crawly bum lick fossil retires . 

Edited by Mark Kelly

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It was actually Martin Tyler who I already disliked at the time , the commentary goes , like this from Memory 

"On Nooooooo" fifteen seconds of dead air whilst the director presumably advises him to watch his bias followed by " For Wigan but Hooray for Chelsea" 

Look how excited he was when City won the league , Look how excited he was when Kompany scored from range to win the league , then see how bored he was when Lampard wins Chelsea their first league title in fifty years against Bolton.

Yes, showing my age with Barry Davies, although he and Tyler are cut from the same cloth! Tyler is a proper old school Chelsea-hating numpty!

Just now, RDCW said:

Yes, showing my age with Barry Davies, although he and Tyler are cut from the same cloth! Tyler is a proper old school Chelsea-hating numpty!

They used to have it on YouTube but took it down and replaced it with Jonathan Pearce doing it , too close for comfort I expect . 

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They used to have it on YouTube but took it down and replaced it with Jonathan Pearce doing it , too close for comfort I expect . 

Nothing wrong with JP and his days on capitol gold. 
lMO he is a legend for starting 

Ian Wa@k Wa@k Wa@k

Ian Wa@k Wa@k Wa@k
Ian Wa@k Wa@k Wa@k

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I cannot bear him. The worst thing is the fact that he simply refuses to shut up for 5 seconds.  Feels like he has to fill every moment with chatter.

The best thing about Amazon is the ability to turn off commentary and only have stadium FX. 

Sly and BT value their constant drivel too highly to give us the opportunity to mute them. The arrogance.......

5 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Took Jose to put all the pieces in the right places though, with the Portugese lads and Drogba.

23 hours ago, flllerywhereru2 said:

Yes, i wonder if history will repeat itself there and Potter will be seen as the nearly man who put the squad or three quarters of it together...

I believe that thought is at the back of the mind for a lot of us.

To be honest the Arsenal and scum results have rescued my weekend after our lacklustre Fulham performance and Wales' thrashing by Ireland at the Principality Stadium this afternoon.

On the gin now and thankful for small mercies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RDCW said:

To be honest the Arsenal and scum results have rescued my weekend after our lacklustre Fulham performance and Wales' thrashing by Ireland at the Principality Stadium this afternoon.

On the gin now and thankful for small mercies.

You and me both mate, on all points. Whisky for me though.

17 hours ago, martin1905 said:

you all know who there next manager will be........

Don’t think so, he is more likely to be at AM in the summer. 

Fortunately with the club up for sale Klopp is one of the assets in the sales package and will not be going anywhere. 

26 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently Wolves third goal shouldn't have counted as it was the only time Wolves crossed the halfway line in the second half according to Jurgen 

Did you see what Wolves posted on social media afterwards, absolute gold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, flllerywhereru2 said:

I note that the worlds greatest fans have got their way via the media lobbying and suddenly as if by magic its the police and uefas fault re the final last year. And the forged tickets that caused the problems plus people bunking in....dissapeared just like that...history repeating

Just as well their manager didn't invite them all to attend too.

Oh.wait.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just as well their manager didn't invite them all to attend too.

Oh.wait.

Thing is their more militant/touchy fans will now proclaim that they were completely innocent as per past events and it will become taboo to suggest otherwise even though we know full well they were again a factor.

• Agree 2