Chelsea 2 Arsenal 2

JaneB

3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

The thing was Sterling didn’t really  “try” at all. He should have been screaming blue murder for pen. They would have done. 

To infer he was cheating when they are ignoring what is going on in front of their eyes to back up their initial wrong decision just makes them look even more biased than they usually are. 

Hate the handball rules which differentiate from the premier league to European competitions, but I wouldn’t say his arm was in a natural position, anyway we have something to hold on to, restricting them and look dangerous on the break, how’s your nerves? 

Arteta will be livid at half time so will be giving them the hair dryer treatment so I expect the second half will be much more difficult. 

Hoping Poch builds our guys up and instills some fight in them. 

Winning this and shutting up their muggy supporters would be heavenly. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

It's that easy lol. Whatever were we worrying about 😉

Don't ever say that at h/t, even in jest.

2 VAR penalties would have been too much, sometimes they just have to ignore the rules.

it has been good, surprisingly good.  The main advantage we have is a much higher work rate, Caicedo, Enzo, Cucurella, Gallagher are all doing what they do well.  I'd expect changes from Arsenal as early as now/h/t.

Lots of good play, I'm going with Sterling as my best player so far.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Wanker Redknapp incensed that was a penalty and absolute waste of oxygen he is. 

So in an ideal world we'd give the refs a lot of discretion to judge on whether a pen was deserved or just too lucky to be given, and then have refs who could use that discretion with credibility and not much bias.
That world failed, so we got VAR and a set of precise guidelines to referees about what is and isn't a pen.  In an ideal world the first wasn't a pen though the second might have been.  In the VAR world the first is guaranteed must be a pen, and the second there is oddly enough plenty of room for ref and VAR room discretion.

Anyone arguing about the first pen is living in the past.

1 minute ago, kev61 said:

A bit worried about our rhythm going forward and Mudryk not getting into positions like Palmer - but I'm certainly not complaining.

We need to calm it down more in possession and stop hoofing it back to them, or we’ll come unstuck, hopefully that improves. 

16 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Hate the handball rules which differentiate from the premier league to European competitions, but I wouldn’t say his arm was in a natural position, anyway we have something to hold on to, restricting them and look dangerous on the break, how’s your nerves? 

Unless it's fallen off at the socket or someone's on their way to A+E for a break then people's arms are always in a natural position. It's a daft rule, people's legs are in a natural position as they trip people up in the box too...it's still a penalty. Put your arms up and it's a penalty imo.

"Can't do a header with your arms down", Jamie? Well, he didn't do a header did he, if he had we'd not be discussing this.

Edited by ChelseaJambo

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

What? EX Fulham and West Ham Tony Gale? 

I have never heard him say a single positive thing about us. 

We don't have Sky in Malaysia, so we're stuck with this bellend. Hasn't said a single positive thing about us all evening, wouldn't believe we're winning 2-0 and limited Arsenal to nothing.