Jump to content
CFCnet 23/24 awards - voting OPEN! ×

Chelsea 2 Arsenal 2


JaneB

Recommended Posts

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 hours on Saturday, 21st October 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They're overrated, obnoxious, entitled, and really believe their own hype. 

We MUST crush them. 

They have been top 4 once in 7 seasons and top 2 twice in 18 years and not won the prem since 2004.  
Not got past the first knock our round of 16 in CL since 2010.
They do have 2 European trophies:  Cup winners cup 1994.  Inter City Fairs cup 1970.

A decent FA cup record and an amazing Community Shield record.

Still I feel pretty sorry for them.  Your not secretly a Spurs fan are you Mark?  Or over doing the Poch empathy?

 

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If someone can "accidentally" boot Arteta in the balls when making a touchline clearing that would do me lovely. 

or this
Captain Black Fan Casting for Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons | myCast -  Fan Casting Your Favorite Stories

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Dwmh said:

They have been top 4 once in 7 seasons and top 2 twice in 18 years and not won the prem since 2004.  
Not got past the first knock our round of 16 in CL since 2010.
They do have 2 European trophies:  Cup winners cup 1994.  Inter City Fairs cup 1970.

A decent FA cup record and an amazing Community Shield record.

Still I feel pretty sorry for them.  Your not secretly a Spurs fan are you Mark?  Or over doing the Poch empathy?

 

or this
Captain Black Fan Casting for Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons | myCast -  Fan Casting Your Favorite Stories

Tyler Heatley on X: "I don't know much about football, but Mikel Arteta is  a Mysteron. Spitting image of Captain Black. #football #arsenal #CHEvsARS  https://t.co/VAgpKjdydE" / X

This is the lookalike for Arteta - Right series though.

Hope that we are the ones  to get rid of the Zero in the losses column for them. Not sure we are quite good enough - Yet! I think that they need to have a off-day and we need to be on it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Tyler Heatley on X: "I don't know much about football, but Mikel Arteta is  a Mysteron. Spitting image of Captain Black. #football #arsenal #CHEvsARS  https://t.co/VAgpKjdydE" / X

This is the lookalike for Arteta - Right series though.

Hope that we are the ones  to get rid of the Zero in the losses column for them. Not sure we are quite good enough - Yet! I think that they need to have a off-day and we need to be on it.

Yeah, I couln't remember if it was supposed to be Black or Scarlett.
I think he looks like both to be honest.  Especially the plastic hair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Yeah, I couln't remember if it was supposed to be Black or Scarlett.
I think he looks like both to be honest.  Especially the plastic hair.

His other pseudonym is Mr Legohead.

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

Saliba, Saka and Trossard won't play international football because of "injuries". 

chinny-reckon-chinny.gif.a71da4c483b4e58faf924c791bece140.gif

 

Scepticism shared. Now I dislike international matches alot and the strain they put on players isn't acceptable for me, but what I dislike more are the managers who, let's say 'encourage'  or 'exaggerate' injuries to get their players off international duty. Saka, I understand as he wasn't fit enough to play yesterday. 

My own way would be, don't turn up for international duty to be assessed by their medical staff means you cannot be selected for the first club match after the international break - isn't there an existing rule like this?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Looked like a dead leg.  Took a knock on the thigh.  Should need fine. 

Yea, shouldn’t be too bad from what I read, Broja also sent home from Albania squad but I’m guessing that’s more because of his fitness issues. On a more positive note, Paez is already off the mark for Ecuador.

Edited by Floyd25
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ShedMiddle said:

Fingers crossed. I didn't see it but, what I read they were saying potential hamstring. Hopefully will be around for Arsenal.

Reading it was a dead leg. He watched the remainder of the game from the bench, rather than heading back to the dressing room, so I don't think it is much.

Potential forward line selection headache, for this. Sterling, Mudryk, Jackson, Broja, Madueke (2 goals last night) and Palmer for 3 spots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/10/2023 at 10:38, east lower said:

Tyler Heatley on X: "I don't know much about football, but Mikel Arteta is  a Mysteron. Spitting image of Captain Black. #football #arsenal #CHEvsARS  https://t.co/VAgpKjdydE" / X

This is the lookalike for Arteta - Right series though.

Hope that we are the ones  to get rid of the Zero in the losses column for them. Not sure we are quite good enough - Yet! I think that they need to have a off-day and we need to be on it.

I always thought Arteta was a very good looking man but I just find something  very unlikeable about him which makes the good looks irrelevant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I always thought Arteta was a very good looking man but I just find something  very unlikeable about him which makes the good looks irrelevant.

I always liked him and admired him as a player. Since he has moved into management, he has become a bit annoying to me. I think its his whole demeanor and behavior on the touchline. I think his managerial style and personality is great if its managing your club, but becomes irritating if it is not at your club. Much like Klopp.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I always thought Arteta was a very good looking man but I just find something  very unlikeable about him which makes the good looks irrelevant.

From a male perspective (well, mine anyways) he has some characteristics that just make you want to kick the bejesus out of him. 

The fella Silva at Fulham gets me feeling exactly the same way, irritating in the extreme.

Slightly related to our opponents in this game, there's a Piers Morgan interview (he's a rabid L'Arse fan) with Zlatan on Talk TV catch-up. There's a lot worse to watch on TV these days.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think before we play this game the players need to sit down and watch us play the spuds, the year Leicester won the league, because as Chelsea Football Club we have the aim of winning Silverware, but if we can't, then we do our bit to make sure no other club in London wins it; in particular those clubs who are classed amongst the favourites to win it.

This should be our sole focus for this game, nothing else, forget playing well, forget tactics, forget the cameras, forget everything; they just need to bring their heart and leave everything on the pitch. If we were title challengers I'd feel different, I wouldn't mind losing to every rival if it meant winning the title, but that's not where we are right now; right now this game is where we step up, this is a game where the players and the manager show us if they are Chelsea or is it just media talk. If we cannot win, we leave Arsenal so tired that they lose their next two games as a fallout of it, maximum damage.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Gurj SS said:

I think before we play this game the players need to sit down and watch us play the spuds, the year Leicester won the league, because as Chelsea Football Club we have the aim of winning Silverware, but if we can't, then we do our bit to make sure no other club in London wins it; in particular those clubs who are classed amongst the favourites to win it.

This should be our sole focus for this game, nothing else, forget playing well, forget tactics, forget the cameras, forget everything; they just need to bring their heart and leave everything on the pitch. If we were title challengers I'd feel different, I wouldn't mind losing to every rival if it meant winning the title, but that's not where we are right now; right now this game is where we step up, this is a game where the players and the manager show us if they are Chelsea or is it just media talk. If we cannot win, we leave Arsenal so tired that they lose their next two games as a fallout of it, maximum damage.

Agree...a better example if you can do an "All OUR Yesterdays" is the Legendary OT replay against Leeds...fight like that and see how "They" react!!...OG  ood rambling but remember the Corporal Jones quote regarding what "They" don't like!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chara said:

Agree...a better example if you can do an "All OUR Yesterdays" is the Legendary OT replay against Leeds...fight like that and see how "They" react!!...OG  ood rambling but remember the Corporal Jones quote regarding what "They" don't like!!!

....it up 'em

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Gurj SS said:

I think before we play this game the players need to sit down and watch us play the spuds, the year Leicester won the league

Do you think Poch will be able to watch the video with the players?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Do you think Poch could stay as manager if the players watched the video as a team.

I've been disappointed that he hasn't instilled his Spurs shithousery and chicanery in our side but having previously worked in the league he probably realised before he took the job that the referees were actively refereeing against Chelsea so knows it would be a wasted effort. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've been disappointed that he hasn't instilled his Spurs shithousery and chicanery in our side but having previously worked in the league he probably realised before he took the job that the referees were actively refereeing against Chelsea so knows it would be a wasted effort. 

I think it’s a bit too early to install the shithousery.  This is a very young and new side and for most it’s a new league. Shithousery comes with experience - I think 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...