JaneB

Matchday prediction  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Middlesbrough win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/24 at 19:00

8 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Well in defence of the manager you can’t legislate for changing the formation and then your forward misses three pretty straightforward chances. Really should be a couple of goals up. 

It’s like a witch’s curse on players playing up front for Chelsea. 

Perhaps that’s why we appointed Potter - Bohely and co thought we were getting Harry with his wand to end this with a spell or two 

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1

Colwill is not a LB. I know that everyone, Pochettino included, knows that but it's past the time to accept that he's not even a will-have-to-do fill in LB. I get playing people out of position when options are limited and you think they can at least do the basics of that role ... but he really evidently can't. 

Am I right in thinking that's the first time we've gone in at half time losing this season? Doesn't instinctively feel right but sure I saw a stat that we were somehow the only PL club that was true of the other day. So at least it's not exactly the same story as always ...

Colwill is 20, Palmer is 21, Madueke is 21, Malo Gusto is 20.

Heck, the midfield core has Enzo who’s 22, Caicedo,  22 and Gallagher 23.

Mistakes and misses are bound to happen., this is basically it. The club decided to ride on their youth. With youth the mistakes and misses are inevitable.

We play like a team with this age average does. A highline is sophisticated and taxing for young defenders and midfielders, the high press is energetic but scattergun and the turnovers should be leading to goals to make the strategy worth it but it doesn’t.

Just feels like an air of inevitability to me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chara said:

Madueke....half a brain player,,,one half looks good other half looks a wanderer!...in any one movement/passage of play he makes!..enigma is the only word I can think of for his game today......one real attack with help from Colwill and Caicedo and one goal down...oh sorry forgot Colwills excellent through header at the start.

To quote Sam........ FFS......

We have had many of those over the years. Curado comes to mind!!

3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Colwill is not a LB. I know that everyone, Pochettino included, knows that but it's past the time to accept that he's not even a will-have-to-do fill in LB. I get playing people out of position when options are limited and you think they can at least do the basics of that role ... but he really evidently can't. 

Am I right in thinking that's the first time we've gone in at half time losing this season? Doesn't instinctively feel right but sure I saw a stat that we were somehow the only PL club that was true of the other day. So at least it's not exactly the same story as always ...

Certainly in the prem.  Can't recall whether we've been behind in the first half in the cup. 

3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Yes to both paragraphs ! 

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Quite. If he puts those chances away we're all happily 3-1 up. 

True...but if misses were dishes no one would have cable....... (sorry I am having OG deja vu.from the eighties)

3 minutes ago, Sabrina F. said:

Mistakes and misses are bound to happen., this is basically it. The club decided to ride on their youth. With youth the mistakes and misses are inevitable.

We play like a team with this age average does. A highline is sophisticated and taxing for young defenders and midfielders, the high press is energetic but scattergun and the turnovers should be leading to goals to make the strategy worth it but it doesn’t.

I’d like to offer you a Kit Kat for that post. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sabrina F. said:

So what to do? Draft more experience into defence to reassure the youth?