Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

7 hours ago, Holymoly said:

It seems City's defense at the moment is to try and have the evidence thrown out as it was illegally obtained. 

100% agree with the entire post but specifically on this point, they've been asked to provide all of the relevant documentation by UEFA and the PL for the past 4 years in order to clear themselves and refused. 

If the hacked info is being taken out of context, show us the correct context 🤷🏻‍♂️

Simon Jordan on the morning show he does on Talksport has referred to a conversation/s, he had with Todd Boehly out in Qatar during the World Cup and that Chelsea Fans would be astonished if they were aware of the things that were done and said by Thomas Tuchel to TB and the management team in the lead-up to his sacking.

He's never going to betray those confidences but just putting it out there for any suggestions/ideas - both sensible and not so sensible.

Whatever they were, they weren't that popular with our new ownership team, unless they were just looking for an excuse to get TT out of the building.

Just now, east lower said:

Simon Jordan on the morning show he does on Talksport has referred to a conversation/s, he had with Todd Boehly out in Qatar during the World Cup and that Chelsea Fans would be astonished if they were aware of the things that were done and said by Thomas Tuchel to TB and the management team in the lead-up to his sacking.

He's never going to betray those confidences but just putting it out there for any suggestions/ideas - both sensible and not so sensible.

Whatever they were, they weren't that popular with our new ownership team, unless they were just looking for an excuse to get TT out of the building.

I think we've mentioned this before and the consensus of opinion was that with the best will in the World TB would say that wouldn't he?

I don't suppose we'll ever know , however I get the feeling some of the players were feeling disgruntled for being outed as rubbish when they were. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, east lower said:

As @Mark Kelly alludes to, it's not something I'd put any stock in unless Jordan actually says what was said. And he won't, for perfectly understandable reasons.

I expect they are things Bohely already put out in the briefings, e.g. that Tuchel didn't always answer his phone and wanted some calls to go through his agent, that he challenged some of the proposed transfer dealings put to him. Perhaps he was blunt, rude even, about these things. But then we don't know how these things were framed to him. Certainly I'd stop taking calls from a boss who kept trying to make me do a job that wasn't mine, and would be frustrated at having to explain why an idea was bad multiple times (I always found the briefing that Tuchel refused to accept signing was Ronaldo was a good idea even after multiple conversations hilarious, clearly reflects more poorly on the people initiating that conversation than Tuchel). 

My guess is that Tuchel had a view, stuck to it and communicated it very, very frankly. And it went down badly with Boehly. I genuinely would be astonished if it was more than that.

On 01/02/2023 at 09:42, Holymoly said:

Sky today consistently referring to the "loophole" that we've used to cheat FFP. The fact that Europpean clubs have been doing this for years is tactfully ignored.

Also they are attempting to trawl up any and all has been ex players who are prepared to trot out the same old tut about us "massively" overpaying for Enzo. Let's be honest it's not that much more than the £100m for Grealish who hasn't exactly backed up that level of fee.

As an aside it's a constant source of irritation for me how certain players are constantly referred to by just their christian name in the media. Jack (Grealish), Jack (Wilshere), Trent, Frank or Harry as if they're everyone's best mate. Maybe we should go the whole hog and just give everyone a nickname the way the Brazilans do. Or maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old git.

I suppose context means a lot when quoting a spoken as opposed to a written statement. 

When I listened to Simon Jordan he seemed to emphasise the point that the actions of TT were very serious. 

All the items mentioned, would not improve relationships but are they deal-breakers? What would concern me is that all first-team matters should be the coaches call without any other influence, unless the coach asks for assistance. 

Too many cooks syndrome??

• 3 weeks later...

^^Have BT Sport finally acknowledged our existence? They make very good documentaries, if you overlook the fact 90% of them have been about Liverpool or ManU. They did give us brief mentions in the Greaves and Hoddle films, but their blatant ignoring of our club has been ridiculous when deciding what to commission a film about.

34 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

^^Have BT Sport finally acknowledged our existence? They make very good documentaries, if you overlook the fact 90% of them have been about Liverpool or ManU. They did give us brief mentions in the Greaves and Hoddle films, but their blatant ignoring of our club has been ridiculous when deciding what to commission a film about.

Maybe they don't see us as a threat anymore. 

• Agree 1

• JaneB changed the title to Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip
11 hours ago, Ham said:

I'd recommend the BT Sport documentary on Chelsea to everyone.

Really good. So many memories and good to see just how bad things got before the better days.

Our badge really should have a phoenix on it, not a lion. 

Glad to hear that it's good - had it on my watchlist for tonight (after the new episode of The Mandalorian, obvs)

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Do Man City have a monopoly on idiot footballers?

Well obviously not, but Kyle Walker, Jeez 🙄 

I’d have to ban myself if I said what I really thought.

Just seen. What a ridiculous plonker he is.  

13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Do Man City have a monopoly on idiot footballers?

Well obviously not, but Kyle Walker, Jeez 🙄 

I’d have to ban myself if I said what I really thought.

I've always thought he played football like a dog chasing a balloon , obviously the dog would have more brains and decorum.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ham said:

I'd recommend the BT Sport documentary on Chelsea to everyone.

Really good. So many memories and good to see just how bad things got before the better days.

Our badge really should have a phoenix on it, not a lion. 

Im wondering how i can get to watch that as i dont live in the UK sounds like a good watch even if as im sure they gloss over the more illustrious parts of the clubs long history pre 80s

46 minutes ago, flllerywhereru2 said:

Im wondering how i can get to watch that as i dont live in the UK sounds like a good watch even if as im sure they gloss over the more illustrious parts of the clubs long history pre 80s

It covers 1970 to 1996.  A proper rollercoaster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert19 said:

I recently watched the Undr The Cosh episodes with Michael Duberry - quite entertaining.  Some fun stories about coming through the ranks at Chelsea. 

Part 1

In Part 2, he talks about the trial at Leeds in some detail.  

He talks on the BT Sport documentary about Harlington and it's shortcomings.