Christian Pulisic

JaneB

I was listening to a European football podcast which touched on the recent Juventus points deduction. The journalist said that it was revealed in an earlier investigation that Juventus used the German website Transfermarkt to benchmark the valuations of players in the deals they were conducting.

I've just had a look at the website and it values Pulisic at €38m so roughly £33m...which is ridiculous. I'd be amazed if we could get £15-20m for him the summer.

I think the most likely outcome is that he sticks around for another season because he'll get more money as a free agent in the summer of 2024.

5 hours ago, Bison said:

I was listening to a European football podcast which touched on the recent Juventus points deduction. The journalist said that it was revealed in an earlier investigation that Juventus used the German website Transfermarkt to benchmark the valuations of players in the deals they were conducting.

I've just had a look at the website and it values Pulisic at €38m so roughly £33m...which is ridiculous. I'd be amazed if we could get £15-20m for him the summer.

I think the most likely outcome is that he sticks around for another season because he'll get more money as a free agent in the summer of 2024.

Honestly, this is first I've heard of this being a thing. It's also worth to note that Juventus aren't the only side that inflated player values when it came to transfers, despite being the only team investigated and punished. I'd highly recommend looking at how Napoli for instance, managed the signing of Osimhen from Lille. 

That said, and more on topic, I don't see any team coming close to meeting that sort of transfermarkt figure for Pulisic. If we can get anything over £15m I'd be extremely satisfied. Either way he needs to be gone one way or another come the summer. I had hoped we'd bugger him off in January but after getting injured that more or less killed that idea. 

14 hours ago, Bison said:

I think there are a few players will be offering leaving incentives to and Pulisic is one of them. We'll need wages off the books and pretty quickly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bison said:

Impossible to know without knowing the individual. His playing time here over the last two years has been somewhat limited. With the arrival of Mudryk and Modueke, it will be non existent. 

If he sticks around for 2023/24, he wont play at all. Will he want to take the salary and watch from the sidelines? I would expect not, as he is someone who clearly places a high level of importance in playing for the national team. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I think there are a few players will be offering leaving incentives to and Pulisic is one of them. We'll need wages off the books and pretty quickly.

If we do offer financial incentives to players to leave, will this be counted as "extraordinary payments" for FFP purposes, like when we sack managers? 😉

4 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

He's done plenty of that as it is, what's another year...

The difference being next season, he won't be making the matchday squads, barring maybe league cup ties. 

He has had limited playing time this last couple of seasons, but it has been more than what he will be getting next year. 

It is pretty clear he places a high importance on the NT, so I don't see him jeopardising that by sitting in the stands, but who knows

19 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The difference being next season, he won't be making the matchday squads, barring maybe league cup ties. 

He has had limited playing time this last couple of seasons, but it has been more than what he will be getting next year. 

It is pretty clear he places a high importance on the NT, so I don't see him jeopardising that by sitting in the stands, but who knows

I understand the situation my comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. 

The perils of tone not always conveying well over text. 

3 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

I understand the situation my comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. 

The perils of tone not always conveying well over text. 

Sure, I did think that. 

The out tray is going to be very busy, however we achieve it 

• 2 months later...
Just now, Bison said:

If I see him start another game I won't be watching.

I was trying not to yesterday. Sat head in hands in standing area of Shed with big guy in front of me. Someone put him out of his misery, please.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I was trying not to yesterday. Sat head in hands in standing area of Shed with big guy in front of me. Someone put him out of his misery, please.

He is the definition of deadwood. Every minute he plays for this club is an utter waste of time and serves nobody any purpose whatsoever.

• Agree 1

On my PC feed a whole article breaking down Pulisic's game involvement ...if I hadn't seen the game I would have thought it was a case of a valiant one man effort to drag Chelsea forward and the inference that he really was the only shining light for Chelsea.

The bias and falsehood  is almost laughable and a revisionist analysis of his actual playing ability and influence.

That is the public face of Chelsea here and now.

10 minutes ago, chara said:

On my PC feed a whole article breaking down Pulisic's game involvement ...if I hadn't seen the game I would have thought it was a case of a valiant one man effort to drag Chelsea forward and the inference that he really was the only shining light for Chelsea.

The bias and falsehood  is almost laughable and a revisionist analysis of his actual playing ability and influence.

That is the public face of Chelsea here and now.

Funnily enough, I had an American guy sat next to me yesterday who was very vocal about how useless Pulisic is. Clearly some Americans are actually watching him!

Edited by thevelourfog

28 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Funnily enough, I had an American guy sat next to me yesterday who was very vocal about how useless Pulisic is. Clearly some Americans are actually watching him!

I think anyone actually following him and the game are under no illusions but the non watching but "Captain America" followers are invested in the "As Good As Any World Class Player" image....all about "Marketing" and pushing the game here.

Initially thought he was a good buy but just another "nearly" man and not as "nearly" as some!