Following Chelsea's loans

My Blood Is Blue

9 minutes ago, Bison said:

Should stay with Ipswich next season in the PL.

The problem he has here is that he is competing with Palmer and Madueke for the RW spot. 

He has had a really good end to the season. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Should stay with Ipswich next season in the PL.

The problem he has here is that he is competing with Palmer and Madueke for the RW spot. 

He has had a really good end to the season. 

Doubt he gets the opportunity he deserves here. 

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Ahead of Madueke?

9 league goals in the championship isn't "wow" and he has been on the bench more than he has started

7 hours ago, Bison said:

He's not quite there yet, needs a solid Premier League loan first where there's less pressure to immediately deliver and were overall team performances are going to be less scrutinised. Remaining at Ipswich would be the ideal move and provides greater continuity, which in theory should allow him a greater chance to hit the ground running. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Ahead of Madueke?

9 league goals in the championship isn't "wow" and he has been on the bench more than he has started

Madueke has only been in the staring eleven 9 time and scoring 4 goals is not what i would call a wow factor either. 

I agree Hutchinson should stay at Ipswich or another lower PL club like a Brentford, however lets not put Madueke on a pedestal as a  guaranteed first team starter.

11 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Ahead of Madueke?

Maybe it’s not wow, but 10 goals and 6 assists (across all comps)  in your first senior season in the championship is bloody decent. 

And most of those have come in the second half of the season where he broke into the team.  He’s very two footed and works hard.  Not as strong and direct as Madueke but we have a great track record with Championship loans;  Reece, Tammy, Tomori, Mount, Maatsen, Guehi,  - it’s a tough league so it generally bodes well if you can succeed at that level. 

Schuuuuuuushh

don't tell a certain anti academy poster on here that a certain LB loaned to a german outfit in January, has made the CL final, playing constantly in the first team and not bench warming.

At least he's now nailed on to be sold this summer as part of FSP, unfortunately we won't be getting £60m.

Well done to Maatsen for reaching the CL final. 

Not a bad follow ups to winning the Championship last season

When you look back on loans the better ones seem to develop from having a good season or two in the championship.

Casadei is still a baffling one why he was brought back and has lost a considerable amount of first team football also the ego boost of winning the championship - One assumes he will be loaned again next season or sold 

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Well done to Maatsen for reaching the CL final. 

Not a bad follow ups to winning the Championship last season

When you look back on loans the better ones seem to develop from having a good season or two in the championship.

Casadei is still a baffling one why he was brought back and has lost a considerable amount of first team football also the ego boost of winning the championship - One assumes he will be loaned again next season or sold 

He was brought back because we had no midfield cover at all. 

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

He was brought back because we had no midfield cover at all. 

not the smartest move IMO - didn't get any minutes and probably put him back 12 months

Didn't the club bring back the lad from forrest for lack minutes during that window.

Would be interesting to know who made the call to bring Casadei back 

25 minutes ago, ROTG said:

not the smartest move IMO - didn't get any minutes and probably put him back 12 months

Didn't the club bring back the lad from forrest for lack minutes during that window.

Would be interesting to know who made the call to bring Casadei back 

It’s possible we had a window where we had to make a decision on whether to bring him back or not and it’s possible that one of the few remaining midfielders we had may have required surgery earlier than he has ended up having it. Maybe it was a choice between bringing him back or trying to find an emergency loan? I don’t know if this is the reason, but I would hope the reasoning was fairly sound.

I agree, in terms of his development it has probably had a detrimental effect, but he has had some game time and been in and around the squad to help build relationships etc, so not entirely wasted.

On 04/05/2024 at 08:05, ROTG said:

Madueke has only been in the staring eleven 9 time and scoring 4 goals is not what i would call a wow factor either. 

I agree Hutchinson should stay at Ipswich or another lower PL club like a Brentford, however lets not put Madueke on a pedestal as a  guaranteed first team starter.

Cole Palmer, who has been nothing short of excellent needs another year to be judged, Madueke is a championship player, which you decided within a handful of games. 

5 goals OK 10 starts, one every other game, as a winger.......

Lukaku averages a goal every other game and is an elite striker according to you.

Not much of an agenda is there.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Cole Palmer, who has been nothing short of excellent needs another year to be judged, Madueke is a championship player, which you decided within a handful of games. 

Lukaku averages a goal every other game and is an elite striker according to you.

It's reminiscent of "Animal Farm" but instead of "Four legs good , two legs bad" it's "Roman good Todd bad" 

39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's reminiscent of "Animal Farm" but instead of "Four legs good , two legs bad" it's "Roman good Todd bad" 

Wow

pot calling the kettle black. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

And what agenda is that?

Tell you what sometime this month I will shout from the roof top that Chelsea is a top 4 team and will be up there next season with this squad, come September I will blame the coach for the lack of quality and piss poor results, wait until January to pop my head up again and have another dig at the coach, then wait until April to tell everyone that one player in a billion pound spend is the best thing since mothers pride, not forgetting to renege on a bet.  Rinse and repeat every season

Sound Familiar?

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

And what agenda is that?

Tell you what sometime this month I will shout from the roof top that Chelsea is a top 4 team and will be up there next season with this squad, come September I will blame the coach for the lack of quality and piss poor results, wait until January to pop my head up again and have another dig at the coach, then wait until April to tell everyone that one player in a billion pound spend is the best thing since mothers pride, not forgetting to renege on a bet.  Rinse and repeat every season

Sound Familiar?

Except the fact that I never made any prediction about this squad, not once said it would come top 4, never said Palmer was the best thing since anyone or anything, didnt dissappear for 3 months at a time and never made that bet so yeah pretty accurate, for you.

On 08/05/2024 at 11:39, Mark Kelly said:

Incredible and embarrassing given the guff your American boy has been coming out with today.

Yo, go Todd and Mark. Do a goal.

1 hour ago, patThenevin said:

Incredible and embarrassing given the guff your American boy has been coming out with today.

Yo, go Todd and Mark. Do a goal.

He's not my boy , but he's also not always wrong either . A Pavlovian response to literally everything they do helps nobody .

5 goals and 2 assists from 866 PL minutes . Pretty good. 

I agree Hutchinson should stay at Ipswich or another lower PL club like a Brentford

So, what are you arguing against? 

lets not put Madueke on a pedestal as a  guaranteed first team starter.

the point was, he is ahead of Hutchinson, so the best thing for Hutchinson is to go on loan again. 

Which you have agreed with, but are arguing against. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

the point was, he is ahead of Hutchinson, so the best thing for Hutchinson is to go on loan again. 

Which you have agreed with, but are arguing against. 

Eh 

I think I agreed with your post on Hutchinson. 

It’s Madueke where we disagree on

Edited by ROTG

47 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Eh 

I think I agreed with your post on Hutchinson. 

It’s Madueke where we disagree on

What do we disagree on with regards to Madueke?