Chelsea 1 Brighton and Hove Albion 2

JaneB

I believe that what we are witnessing cannot be fixed by a couple of marquee signings or a proven manager, as our form on the pitch since the takeover can only be the result of a structural change within the club the players and staff are not responding well to.

Let us not forget that players and staff are in the end company employees and major changes at ownership or CEO level can have a huge impact on how an organization is managed. Especially if the new owners have no experience in football and are attempting to replicate a business model applied on a different country and sport.

Even on a player mindset level, for 20 years we were ran by an owner who’d have no problem on taking a huge loss to get rid of critically underperforming players. Said players are now being tied to eight-year contracts it’ll cost the club millions of pounds to get out of.

We are now being run by cowboys and consultants who think they know better.

Edited by JABS-CFC
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Bison said:

We need such a huge clear out. We'd literally be left with about 8 players if I had my way. 

What make me laugh. Is those on here slaughtered Marina, McLachlan & Co for player and management recruitment. In two transfer windows and 3 managers TB and his sports department have set this club back 5 - 10 years as their vanity overcame the reality of if it is not broken so not touch it. 

Edited by ROTG

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

So Gallagher's deflected strike is April's goal of the month so far. 

No it was scored by chelsea 12th man Mr Dunk.  
At least he can tell his grandkids. I never played for the team I support, but managed to score a goal for them. 

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

Why did we sack that chap who managed us for that one game? Thought he did a decent enough job. What was the point in bringing back Lampard who can’t manage his way out of a paper bag? 

I honestly don't think he wanted the job. 

The bottom 4 clubs have to win at least 4 -6 games before overtaking or on a par with Chelsea (inexact but you get the point),

I shudder to think where Chelsea would be now without that increasingly threadbare cushion from TT.

I don't blame Frank...I doubt anyone could make a difference in such a short time and he has inherited or adopted a "damaged" unbalanced squad.

Captain America and Sterling are like  Delboy market doll purchases...over priced rip off, looks but no stuffing ,,, and a group of leaderless kids out there today...wrong decisions almost every time.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

We've been far worse under Frank than either TT or GP.

I was really surprised that even a few people expected even a modest uplift from Frank. He's a dreadful coach, it's as plain as anything. He's only here because no one else would agree to be.

A clueless performance against a really good team. But for Kepa that is the 4 or 5-1 defeat that it on balance should have been.

I don't want to see Felix or Zakaria again this season. Ideally Pulisic, either.

The end of this season can't come soon enough, these players need a break from losing. It's become routine. 

But for Tuchel, we'd be relegated. 

• Like 1

And there you have it.

The damage that Potter was doing, that was clear to see months ago, really has come to fruition.

Two players I would say are the perfect examples. 

Reece James who is an absolute shadow of his former, pre Potter, self and Felix who looked brilliant, albeit without the final product, for his first handful of games. He's also been Pottered and absolutely useless.

The only positive is if we go back to when Tuchel first took over, we were shambolic and he turned it on its head almost instantly so it shouldn't be too hard to do the same again. 

I don't know if whatever manager we want doesn't want to come until the summer or the board made that decision but it's probably for the best.

Nobody, not Pep or a prime Mourinho would be able to change this right now. Get through the season, reset and go again with a proper manager. The absolute priority now MUST be to get whoever the new man is as soon as this season has ended. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1