Newcastle United 1 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Pre-Season Friendly match against Newcastle at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 01.15 hours on Thursday, 27th July 2023 (Local UK time/date)

8 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Better put the coffee on ... another bloody late night ..... 

Remember when a late night was out on the tiles!!!

Early evening games for me....unlike the season when it's all early'ish juggling to catch games!

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

You haven't lived until you get to experience the joy of a lovely 3am kickoff. 😄

I thought you imperialists didn't mind living in a Empire where the sun never sets 🙂

Touché ❤️😁😁😁

On 24/07/2023 at 17:20, chara said:

Remember when a late night was out on the tiles!!!

Indeed!

Oh for those days when our nights were just getting into full swing when most others were already fast asleep and getting home when others were getting up for work.

Wonderful, carefree days.🙂

34 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Indeed!

Oh for those days when our nights were just getting into full swing when most others were already fast asleep and getting home when others were getting up for work.

Wonderful, carefree days.🙂

Yep......if you needed to be at a party before 11.00pm it was considered not worth the bother!!!

Awful attendance for the Brentford v Brighton game. Most of the fans who are there to watch are wearing Chelsea shirts and our game doesn't start until 1:30am.

Know your place you seagull shite. 

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Awful attendance for the Brentford v Brighton game. Most of the fans who are there to watch are wearing Chelsea shirts and our game doesn't start until 1:30am.

Know your place you seagull shite. 

Jonathon Livingstone, I presume?

Bashir Humphrey’s starts apparently.  By all accounts he is having a good pre-season 

According to TOCWS, we only have two games after this one?!  Expecting a reasonably strong team therefore….

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Bashir Humphrey’s starts apparently.  By all accounts he is having a good pre-season 

According to TOCWS, we only have two games after this one?!  Expecting a reasonably strong team therefore….

He's having a GREAT pre-season. 

3 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

You staying up Ham?

I wasn't going to but I'm fishing,  it's absolutely pissing down and I can't sleep so joining the night shift. 

Yup.  Always been a night owl.  Somehow manage to get up for work every day. 

Newcastle have gone almost full strength from the off with very few subs on the bench. 

This is the first real test for these young players. 

2 minutes ago, chara said:

😁Nice to be in such good company guys....James Captain then ..... (NIGHT CREW!!!!)😁

Only with you lot for a couple of hours and then it's back to normal 👍