Eden Hazard Retires

Sciatika

He knew he couldn't ever get back to the level he wanted, and that his body had had enough of the constant injuries. A wise decision, but still very sad.

Fantastic career. A Chelsea legend of the first order. An absolute joy to watch.

A unique talent, genuinely underrated by most football fans.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

'That is phenomenal!'| Is this Eden Hazard’s greatest ever goal? | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

I think he deserves his own thread even though he is no longer with us.

A simply outstanding player at his peak who could win matches on his own, and often did.

Happy retirement Eden, one of our greatest ever and one of the PL's greatest ever players.

• Love 2
  • Agree 2

Just watched his greatest Premiership goals compilation on Sky Sports…WOW! I’d forgotten just how quick his feet were!

He was a game changer for us and it was a privilege to watch him play in the Chelsea shirt, sometimes worth the price of a ticket alone.

Good luck for the future Eden, hope to see you again back at The Bridge in a charity game.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JaneB said:

@Lump Of Celery

Thank you SO much.  I am hopeless at anything that gets too technical although I'm sure it's kids' play to most on here.

Those clips give me goosebumps.  

I was working from a PC at the time and the forum turned the YouTube link into a video autmotaically when I pasted it in. I have no idea how to do it in my phone, which is usually where I post from!

50 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I was working from a PC at the time and the forum turned the YouTube link into a video autmotaically when I pasted it in. I have no idea how to do it in my phone, which is usually where I post from!

Oh, it said to me the You Tube link wouldn't 'embed' whatever that means!!!  So I just gave up!!!

I used to say that Zola was the best player I saw in a Chelsea shirt. Sorry Franco but I'm going to have to revise that.

Unlike Franco, we had the very best years of Eden.

Wonderful player and a top bloke too. 

💙

• Like 1

The Secret Scout has posted a brilliant 10 minute clip on Twitter.

I almost forgot how good his decision making was.   It was like he never picked the wrong option.  And the amount he put on a plate for others he must have been a dream to play with.  So unselfish and so effortless. 

We are blessed to have had him in Chelsea blue 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I don't know how people manage with a phone.
But there is also a big culture difference, and I suspect a lot of difference in approach to forums come from mobile users vs PC users.

My type of footballer. I don't think it will ever get better for me on a personal level.

I very much doubt we'll see anybody that gifted in a Chelsea shirt ever again. 

A real Chelsea legend and one of the very best players of his generation.

Quite simply a wonderful footballer, one who could magic a goal out of thin air and there really aren't many of those that come along in a lifetime. 

And as for the video where he laughs at Ivanovic speaking English, it's comedy gold. 

Well done Eden and thank you so much. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Ham said:

I used to say that Zola was the best player I saw in a Chelsea shirt. Sorry Franco but I'm going to have to revise that.

Unlike Franco, we had the very best years of Eden.

Wonderful player and a top bloke too. 

💙

It’s difficult isn’t it?

Zola, Hazard, Lampard, Terry…..