JaneB

Matchday prediction  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Manchester United win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/23 at 19:00

On 04/12/2023 at 13:25, Ham said:

Another sparkling piece of insight from Pys I see.  "Apart from this game being one subscriber service, it's not going to be on anywhere else in the UK." 

So the same as literally every other Premier League game in the UK ever then.  For "Content Creator" read Useless Tosser 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Also, at the game Sunday I was struck by how immobile Maatsen looks.  

He's never looked quick on TV, but it's a while since i've seen a player look as slow and kind of muscle-bound as he does.  Feels like he's carrying a lot of muscle mass or something.  Looked like it was hard for him to accelerate or run 

7 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

Also, at the game Sunday I was struck by how immobile Maatsen looks.  

He's never looked quick on TV, but it's a while since i've seen a player look as slow and kind of muscle-bound as he does.  Feels like he's carrying a lot of muscle mass or something.  Looked like it was hard for him to accelerate or run 

I put that down to being played out of position at rightback and the mobility of his opponent. Wasnt an easy game to come into

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Let's not get all fixated on facts Paul....

Was about to respond to this and then Mark took the words out of my..... thumbs. 

So injuries are the reason the team are not vey good, even thought the starting 11 in most matches had a transfer in excess of 450m and between 5-7 day to train / tactics for each match?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Or

--------------- --------Sanchez

RJ--------Disasi/Silva------Badiashile----Colwill

----------------Enzo--------Caicedo

--------Sterling-----Palmer------Mudryck

----------------------Jackson

Poch needs to stop starting with 9 outfield players

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

We played Sunday. We play tonight. 

We have 8 games in December. 

Wow one every 4 days

I believe ManUre have played 4 or 5 more games than Chelsea this season, therefore one can assume it is more than likely that ManUre will  suffer from fatigue this evening?

2 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I mean I am actually bored of this argument it's so trivial.

Better waiting until the so called "game changers" are available in January and lets see what trajectory the team takes. 

Edited by ROTG
An awful lot of people are hanging their hats on the game changers

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Better waiting until the so called "game changers" are available in January and lets see what trajectory the team takes. 

I am less negative than you about how things are going but where we completely agree I think is focussing on where we are going wrong rather than blaming it on external factors. Meanwhile the likes of @paulw66 and I believe @Ham still will not discuss the fact that we built our squad around many injury prone players.

35 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Wow one every 4 days

I believe ManUre have played 4 or 5 more games than Chelsea this season, therefore one can assume it is more than likely that ManUre will  suffer from fatigue this evening?

100% and they have injuries.

It is just annoying we still have so many out at the one period of our season when we will be busy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

I am less negative than you about how things are going

Max I am not negative just a realist

If I played poker or whatever card games are called and got dealt the hand Pochettino was given at the end of the summer transfer window, I would have stack because there is not a chance on earth that hand is good enough to bluff or win any game

5 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Who is the media banging the drum about injury crises? I don't see them banging on about it with any other team, nor underreporting our own injury issues. The usual "whole world is against us" conspiracies rearing their boring and ugly head again.

It's in the commentary week after week for the likes of Spurs, Newcastle, Brighton and even City whereas our failings are generally due to a failure by TBSD or Poch. 

The others have popular coaches so couldn't possibly be their fault. 

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

So injuries are the reason the team are not vey good, even thought the starting 11 in most matches had a transfer in excess of 450m and between 5-7 day to train / tactics for each match?

Who said they're currently not very good?

Newcastle second half aside, we're on a good run of form and performances. 

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

It's in the commentary week after week for the likes of Spurs, Newcastle, Brighton and even City whereas our failings are generally due to a failure by TBSD or Poch. 

The others have popular coaches so couldn't possibly be their fault. 

Now I see what you're saying. That's a bias against TBSD not against Chelsea though.

It makes a good story to see Boehly Inc. fail.

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Max I am not negative just a realist

If I played poker or whatever card games are called and got dealt the hand Pochettino was given at the end of the summer transfer window, I would have stack because there is not a chance on earth that hand is good enough to bluff or win any game

If you're not negative then I challenge you to say one good thing about the owners. 

Others in this forum are unable to say one critical thing about the owners.

The only rational place to be is somewhere in the middle.