JaneB

Matchday prediction  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Manchester United win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/23 at 19:00

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester United at Old Trafford before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:15 hours on Wednesday, 6th December 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Prime Video)

If we win this, ahead of a (what should be) a reasonable run of fixtures, then we could begin to turn our season around and go into the new year in a positive position and in the fight for a European (Europa) place. However, if, as often seems to be the case, that we follow up a win with a disaster-class, then the good vibes will quickly evaporate again.

James comes back in, but does Poch stick with Colwill at LB or does he put Cucurella back in? Then who are the 2 at CB? Does Silva need a rest? He will do soon, surely. Who replaces Gallagher? Big Les in and Enzo pushed further forward? Some decisions to be made.

I think we’ll see:

Sanchez

James - Silva - Badiashile - Colwill

Ugochukwu - Caicedo - Enzo

Palmer - Jackson - Sterling

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If we win this, ahead of a (what should be) a reasonable run of fixtures, then we could begin to turn our season around and go into the new year in a positive position and in the fight for a European (Europa) place. However, if, as often seems to be the case, that we follow up a win with a disaster-class, then the good vibes will quickly evaporate again.

James comes back in, but does Poch stick with Colwill at LB or does he put Cucurella back in? Then who are the 2 at CB? Does Silva need a rest? He will do soon, surely. Who replaces Gallagher? Big Les in and Enzo pushed further forward? Some decisions to be made.

I think we’ll see:

Sanchez

I think I would play James, Disasi, Badiashile, Colwill at the back. 

I'd also be tempted to bring Palmer in for Gallagher in the 10, with the same front 3 as yesterday

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'd also be tempted to bring Palmer in for Gallagher in the 10, with the same front 3 as yesterday

Stirling is far more effective on the left. Therefore IMO it’s not the best starting front 3

18 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Am I right we've not beaten them in the league since 2018? 

They are absolutely shocking, the only PL team I've watched this season other than the promoted sides who I've seen be worse than us at least a few times. I can't imagine this one being on for the ages.

05 nov 2017 was our latest win against them in the League.

We have beaten them twice since, in the FA CUP

But: or latest League game win at Old Trafford was in 2013!

Source: https://www.11v11.com/teams/chelsea/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Manchester United/

1 hour ago, blueandproud said:

In the good old days, I always looked forward to this fixture, now I hate it, the annoying thing  is this Man U side is p*** poor, but they keep on beating us with their last two average managers, and we also haven't won at Old Trashford since 2013, 10 years ago!

This is exactly how I see it. 

It doesn't seem to matter what state they're in, how badly they're playing, how well we're playing, they just sweep us aside at a canter 

Every time. 

4 hours ago, Ham said:

We are definitely losing this one now

😉

They sound an absolute mess! Fans are sick of the players - not happy because Ten Hag is making them run and disciplining that waste of space Sancho. I think we can capitalise and absolutely destroy them.

14 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

They sound an absolute mess! Fans are sick of the players - not happy because Ten Hag is making them run and disciplining that waste of space Sancho. I think we can capitalise and absolutely destroy them.

If the match was at SB, then I would agree with you but there’s no way they’ll put a performance like the one against Newcastle at OT

Edited by Miguelito07

11 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

If the match was at SB, then I would agree with you but there’s no way they’ll put a performance like the one against Newcastle at OT

They will if the dressing room is gone and they want the manager out. The media scrutiny will be high on them pre game, they won’t be able to cope.

17 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think we’ll see:

Sanchez

I'd bring Palmer into the midfield for Gallagher, with Mudryk retaining his place out on the wing as part of the attack. Even though he's erratic, his pace alone is a threat that has to be defended. Plus, he just needs to keep playing regular minutes if he's to truly find his feet and always has more impact starting matches. 

Colwill I'm a little so-so on. I don't think he defended well in the Brighton match, often lacking urgency to the situation at hand. I'd be tempted to bring Cucurella into the mix, but also understand if Colwill retains his place. I don't think there's a clear answer as of now. 

The rest of the side picks itself.