JaneB

Matchday prediction  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Crystal Palace win

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Apologies if this has been posted, but just read that was our youngest starting XI in our top flight history. Average age 22.

Someone also did the math and apparently 52% of the minutes we've played this season have come from players in their first season at the club, the highest of any club over the last 12 years. 

6 hours ago, ROTG said:

No. 
I doubt any team will give the club the money back on an of the £80m - £120m purchases. All they will do is tap the money player and agent up until the club sells because the  player says he wants to move on.

Sound familiar ?

Thankfully not every signing made has cost us £80-£120 million then isn't it. 

It's the players signed in that £10-£20 million range with controlled wages where we'll generate likely profits from, which is why we will continue to sign young talented players in and around this sort of price point. If they pan out to be great, we've secured a diamond for peanuts. If they don't quite end up being good enough for us, they'll be attractive and affordable for other sides to sign. 

57 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Thankfully not every signing made has cost us £80-£120 million then isn't it. 

It's the players signed in that £10-£20 million range with controlled wages where we'll generate likely profits from, which is why we will continue to sign young talented players in and around this sort of price point. If they pan out to be great, we've secured a diamond for peanuts. If they don't quite end up being good enough for us, they'll be attractive and affordable for other sides to sign. 

Who have the club signed under the new regime have significantly increased value?

£10-20m on players could and should be invested in development of HG if you really want to make money, as proven by the club in seasons gone by and recently to subsidise the mega purchased of late. 

7 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Luka Who?

Also the head turning the club did over the past couple of windows, which might have been to do with the players being offered pensions in their 20's

Edited by ROTG
Sadly missed and would have scored a bucket full for the club this season

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Someone also did the math and apparently 52% of the minutes we've played this season have come from players in their first season at the club, the highest of any club over the last 12 years. 

Not done the maths but i'd say 50% of the minutes last season were by players who have since left the club.

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

It's the players signed in that £10-£20 million range with controlled wages where we'll generate likely profits from

And the biggest losses from too.  At least the big priced players generally play a lot of mins (even if not at the full price) so contribute to the team.  It is the £10m to £20m players that cost you 5-7 years of wages fro 10-15 club starts.

13 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I agree with this. I don't think Jackson has been our worst offender this season.

I think he’s a better player than he looks right now. But the criticism on his finishing is fair. It’s been dreadful. I do appreciate certain other aspects of his game , however he’s a striker in a team desperately short of goals. 

On 28/12/2023 at 11:35, boratsbrother said:

I don't know about you but I can see promise of the team starting to take shape.

Don't want to jinx anyone, but it looks like we've found a steady keeper. Gusto is highly promising for a 20 year old.  Gallagher has improved beyond all recognition and was like a one man midfield last night. Almost like the days when people said there were two Kante's on the pitch. He was that good! Mudryk improving and looking like he has a football brain after all. Nkunku has quality. Though missing sitters at the moment, Jackson has that great natural forwards ability to keep putting himself into good goal scoring positions. 

I forgot to add Palmer to those players we can move forward with. Also think Chuck is a talent and I liked the look of Lavia when he came on the other night.

So for me,  that's 9 players so far that I'm hopeful will be of the quality we need. 

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think he’s a better player than he looks right now. But the criticism on his finishing is fair. It’s been dreadful. I do appreciate certain other aspects of his game , however he’s a striker in a team desperately short of goals. 

Fair enough - he has been better than the likes of Enzo, Caicedo, and Mudryk throughout the season though. He may be short on quality but at least he gets stuck in.