Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 1

JaneB

Matchday prediction  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Crystal Palace win

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:30 hours on Wednesday, 27th December 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Prime Video)

• 2 weeks later...

Palace played Thursday, 20th December and Chelsea play today 24th December… Palace get 5 days between matches and Chelsea get 2 days and one of those days is Christmas Day.

Chelsea also then get 2 days between this game and the Luton game, Luton get 3 days.

Seems fair…

If we come out of this period with no new injuries, it’ll be a festive miracle!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Must say that I’m looking forward to this game about as much as I was looking forward to having my prostate checked.

I had mine done once at hospital and the Dr was a big Arabic looking bloke. 

I think he took a run up all the air was forced out of my lungs and it felt like he was checking my fillings from below. 

That was preferable to Chelsea /Palace. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think he took a run up all the air was forced out of my lungs and it felt like he was checking my fillings from below. 

Hahahahaha!

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep, not the most pleasant of “procedures”! Walking out of the hospital like I’d shit myself wasn’t particularly fun either, still more enjoyable than watching this shower of shit at the the moment though.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Is it possible for Chelsea to challenge the Sterling yellow card today to get it rescinded so he can play?

Think it’s fair to say it was a mistake by the ref and certainly not a yellow. I can’t keep up with all the rule changes but I’m presuming no common sense is used in these situations and there is no way of changing it.

6 minutes ago, JonnyCFC said:

Is it possible for Chelsea to challenge the Sterling yellow card today to get it rescinded so he can play?

Think it’s fair to say it was a mistake by the ref and certainly not a yellow. I can’t keep up with all the rule changes but I’m presuming no common sense is used in these situations and there is no way of changing it.

Don’t think you can appeal a yellow only a red. Couldn’t keep up with the amount of cards he was waving about in the second half, he was like a Las Vegas croupier.

39 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Don’t think you can appeal a yellow only a red. Couldn’t keep up with the amount of cards he was waving about in the second half, he was like a Las Vegas croupier.

And that’s the thing, when you get a ref that gets card happy in a game it can impact the next few games, especially over this Christmas period. A few yellows today for both sides were unnecessary.

• Agree 2

I hate to say it but I hope Poch's neck is already on the line with the powers that be.The players are playing as individuals.

We must be top of the league in unforced errors.It suggests to me players have no team spirit and no leadership and above all no coaching.

I don't blame Poch entirely,but listening to his after match comments says to me he is not up to the challenge.In fact he is starting to annoy me with his banal trite utterances.

He  has as much Charisma as a brick.He would be gone by now under Roman,but Roman would never have sanctioned such idiotic signings and mind boggling contracts so the board have to shoulder a lot of the blame.

Please Chelsea the first thing we should do is  get rid of the cardboard cut out imposter that is our manager/coach.

Edited by kev61
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

I’d just field the under 21’s, partly in protest of the fixture congestion, but mostly because they’d at least lose with a bit of heart…honestly hope we see a few of them anyway. 

Mostly because we only have 20 registered over 21s, of which 8 are injured, 2 are back up keepers, and one can't play 2 games in a week never mind 2 days and 2 more decided to get suspended.

It is my impression that young players and young teams especially are prone to huge swings in mood between games and often within games.  They are much more likely to lose all heart than go down with a bit of heart.  That is why it is not uncommon for youth games to swing from 3-0 up in H1 to a 6-3 loss over 90.

3 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Mostly because we only have 20 registered over 21s, of which 8 are injured, 2 are back up keepers, and one can't play 2 games in a week never mind 2 days and 2 more decided to get suspended.

It is my impression that young players and young teams especially are prone to huge swings in mood between games and often within games.  They are much more likely to lose all heart than go down with a bit of heart.  That is why it is not uncommon for youth games to swing from 3-0 up in H1 to a 6-3 loss over 90.

Bit harsh to say Sterling decided to get suspended. His card for 'diving' was a shameful decision. I don't think the cameras picked up the incident with Palmer so I couldn't tell if it was warranted or more pathetic reffing. Coote really is a joke official, both with the whistle and as VAR.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Bit harsh to say Sterling decided to get suspended. His card for 'diving' was a shameful decision. I don't think the cameras picked up the incident with Palmer so I couldn't tell if it was warranted or more pathetic reffing. Coote really is a joke official, both with the whistle and as VAR.

True.   I was thinking about Palmer and a second player who got booked for kicking the ball away when they gave away throw ins.  Standard practice till recently, not to waste much time, just enough to prevent and instant re-start (and standing over the ball at a free kick is allowed).  
Apparently you can boot the ball into the stand if it is still on the line, but a few inches further an d you get booked for kicking it 5 yards.

You'd think these things got coached ....

1 hour ago, jasonb said:

I think we will win because Palace are worse than us and we are at home.

Will be interesting to see how we line up without Sterling or Palmer.

They’re about the only two players who ever do anything, so I can’t see how we’re winning, and I expect our midfield to be completely non existent again, Nkunku now has to play saviour. 

Edited by Floyd25