Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 1

JaneB

Matchday prediction  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Crystal Palace win

Palmer and Sterling are our biggest goal threats and both out for this one.

Not sure how we create and score anything in this game without them, it seems almost impossible each week with those two in the side.

Let’s hope Nkunku can make a significant contribution, he looked good in the short time he was on last time out.

Unfortunately I see a repeat of the last game but with fewer chances created by us.

Hoping we somehow pull out a decent performance and get the three points.

Edited by JonnyCFC

1 hour ago, JonnyCFC said:

Palmer and Sterling are our biggest goal threats and both out for this one.

Not sure how we create and score anything in this game without them, it seems almost impossible each week with those two in the side.

Let’s hope Nkunku can make a significant contribution, he looked good in the short time he was on last time out.

Unfortunately I see a repeat of the last game but with fewer chances created by us.

Hoping we somehow pull out a decent performance and get the three points.

Nkunku and Mudryk will work well together. I have faith. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Looking like Moises will be back, but not Enzo and Big Les is a question mark, too. We have to wonder if Silva can play again so soon. So, I will guess:

------------------Petrovic

Gusto------Disasi-----Colwill----Maatsen

---------------Moises------Conor

----Jackson---------Nkunku-----------Mudryk

---------------------Broja

If Lavia is back, play him next to Moises, Conor at #10 and replace Broja with Nkunku. As Poch pointed out, we have to play Nkunku central because a wide role may place too much strain on him. 

God alone knows who will be on the bench. Three reserve GKs and some kids.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Looking like Moises will be back, but not Enzo and Big Les is a question mark, too. We have to wonder if Silva can play again so soon. So, I will guess:

------------------Petrovic

Gusto------Disasi-----Colwill----Maatsen

---------------Moises------Conor

----Jackson---------Nkunku-----------Mudryk

---------------------Broja

If Lavia is back, play him next to Moises, Conor at #10 and replace Broja with Nkunku. As Poch pointed out, we have to play Nkunku central because a wide role may place too much strain on him. 

God alone knows who will be on the bench. Three reserve GKs and some kids.

We have two more options: Badiashile and Madueke.

• Agree 1

On 25/12/2023 at 03:40, kev61 said:

I hate to say it but I hope Poch's neck is already on the line with the powers that be.The players are playing as individuals.

We must be top of the league in unforced errors.It suggests to me players have no team spirit and no leadership and above all no coaching.

I don't blame Poch entirely,but listening to his after match comments says to me he is not up to the challenge.In fact he is starting to annoy me with his banal trite utterances.

He  has as much Charisma as a brick.He would be gone by now under Roman,but Roman would never have sanctioned such idiotic signings and mind boggling contracts so the board have to shoulder a lot of the blame.

Please Chelsea the first thing we should do is  get rid of the cardboard cut out imposter that is our manager/coach.

Yeah it's not been great recently, but I don't think sacking the coach, again, will really solve much, nor do I see many  outstanding, available candidates.

Yes I do think Poch is nice but dull, and he couldn't get the world's three best forwards playing together at PSG. But he did get Spurs playing fantastically well for a while. From Ferguson to Arteta there are countless examples of coaches building top teams when given time after extremely poor periods at the start of their tenures. I'd like to see him finish the season at least.

As for Abramovich, he's as undeserving of warm sentiment as any of the other unsavoury owners in charge of our rivals. Dodgy dealings during his ownership are still casting a cloud over the future of Chelsea Football Club.

• Disagree 1

I have zero expectations going into this, which in itself just tells me exactly where we are as a club at the moment. We’re crap, we’re a mess and I honestly think the players have already given up on this season. If we end up in a relegation fight with this squad, we are doomed. I pray the owners sign some experience in January.

Silva must surely get a rest today and due to injuries and suspensions the team then picks itself. We won’t be able to impact anything from the bench, so when we go behind, it’ll be all over.

Petrovic

Gusto - Disasi - Badiashile - Colwill

Gallagher - Caicedo

Madueke - Nkunku - Mudryk

Jackson

8 hours ago, johnnybozo said:

We will when we get our points deduction 😂

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Christ, Johnners. I’d forgotten about that. We could be in even more trouble. Still, I’m sure we could scrape a point at Preston next season. Possibly. 😬🙈

They'd have to charge us first and so far only City and Everton have been.

• Agree 1