JaneB

Matchday prediction  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Crystal Palace win

1 minute ago, kev61 said:

Well I'm diabetic and  instead of selection boxes I asked for red wine.I reckon I have enough to do me 'till the new year,and then the new years resolutions will kick in, which I fully intend to give up yoga!.

Ah kev...hope you had a good Christmas,,red wine,,yearly true indulgance was the most expensive bottle of red wine (or any wine)  I have ever purchased..and worth every penny.......as a real OG saving for a rainy day is not cost effective!

OK all settled for the game...I want a Chelsea win as always..if I want to watch classic football I'll choose a likely game or rerun...I'm a basic Chelsea supporter wishing only for points...sort of the wine analogy in reverse!

3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Is it three at the back with Maatsen and Gusto as wing backs?

Interesting thought.
If the teamsheet was meant to give that impression I guess we woud see Gusto and Maatsen as either both part of the back 5 or both part of the middle 4.  But the way it is written suggests Gusto as an FB in a back 4 and Maatsen as CM3.

• Like 1

I think

---------Petrovic

Gusto----Disasi----Badiashile---Colwill

-----------Caicedo-----Gallagher

----Maatsen------Nkunku------Mudryk

------------------Jackson

The front will rotate a lot

Edited by Sciatika

OK add on ;;;hope your cocktail works Sam and all you other anesthesia seekers!

Hopefully as the true dire relegation candidates settle in for a desperate battle..see recent results... Chelsea can just about stay above that maelstrom and get through the season...points deduction question...

Can anyone actually provide the facts of the so called irregularities reported to the All Powerful as opposed to media speculation ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I think

---------Petrovic

Gusto----Disasi----Badiashile---Colwill

-----------Caicedo-----Gallagher

----Maatsen------Nkunku------Mudryk

------------------Jackson

The front will rotate a lot

An optimist notes that Maatsen, Nkunku and Jackson looked good together in preseason. 

13 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Interesting thought.
If the teamsheet was meant to give that impression I guess we woud see Gusto and Maatsen as either both part of the back 5 or both part of the middle 4.  But the way it is written suggests Gusto as an FB in a back 4 and Maatsen as CM3.

Kind of a Pre-season line up, with  a couple in the January shop window 

3 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

An optimist notes that Maatsen, Nkunku and Jackson looked good together in preseason. 

Not having a go but can we put to bed that we looked good in pre-season. Pre-season teams never give 100% effort. And yes we were okay but we weren’t great either. 

6 minutes ago, chara said:

OK add on ;;;hope your cocktail works Sam and all you other anesthesia seekers!

Hopefully as the true dire relegation candidates settle in for a desperate battle..see recent results... Chelsea can just about stay above that maelstrom and get through the season...points deduction question...

Can anyone actually provide the facts of the so called irregularities reported to the All Powerful as opposed to media speculation ?

Don't think they've been revealed yet. There appear to be two separate issues: the ones the club drew the FA's attention to (incomplete accounting, or something like that), and the undeclared payments made by RA to people supposedly representing players we signed (Hazard, Willian among others) that emerged via some leaked documents. They may or may not be the same payments - noone seems to know.

1 minute ago, Miguelito07 said:

Not having a go but can we put to bed that we looked good in pre-season. Pre-season teams never give 100% effort. And yes we were okay but we weren’t great either. 

Agree we weren't great but those three produced some good football. Jackson seemed to appreciate the service the other two gave him.

5 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Do you think we are giving 100% now?

@Backbiter Thanks for that..was about how I thought things were but with so much doom and gloom I thought perhaps Chelsea were to blame for everything bad in the World!

As I recall Everton were warned and still carried on....until the facts are revealed it's impossible to even contemplate any repercussions,,,not trying to understate the possible disaster just know that one should fight the battle on the day after good preperation...not waste energy and emotion on maybe's....throws you into the hands of the opposition!

Edited by chara