Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Fulham win

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Listen , take this in the nicest possible way , a lot of the content you provide , I find interesting and it invites debate and you're obviously a smart guy but you get on your high horse and talk down to the peasants who dare to disagree and it gets very old very fast.

That is fine - though you really need to make the same point to Ham in the last few days.  Or reconsider the Luton game discussion as a 2 way battle of obstinacy.

7 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Three way…

I think it was Paul who said that we were the better team for 70 minutes and I agree so it's a 4 way thing then. 

56 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

That is fine - though you really need to make the same point to Ham in the last few days.  Or reconsider the Luton game discussion as a 2 way battle of obstinacy.

Listen, I shouldn't have to defend this but here goes.

You claimed that all of our TB sales were mysteriously cured of injury at their new clubs.

I countered this with data from various sites on a number of the biggest sales. I gave the numbers per player and a conclusion. Research. 

You then began moving goalposts to include "COVID counts towards injury-prone" and "What about Pulisic?" even though I'd previously dismissed discussing him because others had already stated that Serie A was pedestrian in comparison to the PL and even then I pointed out to you that he had missed a month of football with Milan with injuries x 2. 

At that stage you began childishly ranting that I hadn't done research and that I was lying.

Why would I? This is a bloody football forum.

• Agree 1

OK...Bit concerned before I got back on here that I may have unwittingly upset anyone,,,especially some who's opinions and views I always enjoy and respect...meant no real censure just a basic knee jerk defence of Sam,,,not that he needed it...but I consider what he did to resurrect the Forum akin to Alchemy!

Keep battling lads..... 😁....please stay as you all are but the present skirmish really should finish about now don't you all think?....until this one goes to bed we have no room for a new scuffle or two!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, chara said:

OK...Bit concerned before I got back on here that I may have unwittingly upset anyone,,,especially some who's opinions and views I always enjoy and respect...meant no real censure just a basic knee jerk defence of Sam,,,not that he needed it...but I consider what he did to resurrect the Forum akin to Alchemy!

Keep battling lads..... 😁....please stay as you all are but the present skirmish really should finish about now don't you all think?....until this one goes to bed we have no room for a new scuffle or two!

How could you upset anyone?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Listen, I shouldn't have to defend this but here goes.

You claimed that all of our TB sales were mysteriously cured of injury at their new clubs.

I countered this with data from various sites on a number of the biggest sales. I gave the numbers per player and a conclusion. Research. 

You then began moving goalposts to include "COVID counts towards injury-prone" and "What about Pulisic?" even though I'd previously dismissed discussing him because others had already stated that Serie A was pedestrian in comparison to the PL and even then I pointed out to you that he had missed a month of football with Milan with injuries x 2. 

At that stage you began childishly ranting that I hadn't done research and that I was lying.

Why would I? This is a bloody football forum.

QED

On 16/01/2024 at 09:54, boratsbrother said:

I would agree with you if the money was spent on experienced high quality players who'd proved themselves in the Premiership. But you and everyone on here knows that it wasn't.  You also know this is a long-term plan which is going to take time to start working the way we all want it too. 

Even with such huge room for improvement we are 2  points ahead of Newcastle, 1 point behind Utd and only 3 points from 6th place and one game away from a cup final. 

Sorry, to say this but there is an unhealthy sense of entitlement amongst too many Chelsea fans which might explain the awful lack of support at home games.  Playing in front of silent fans  can't be doing our young team any good at all. 😟

"A long term plan"?.How long? - until clearlake are in the position they can bail out?.

I am judging Poch in what he he is doing with the players he has available!

A "long term plan" is the most ridiculous plan I have ever heard of.The long term reality is we have owners that will run down their commitment here soon unless they see a huge improvement next year - and then bugger off with a not a huge loss on their investment worst case scenario. 

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

I am judging Poch in what he he is doing with the players he has available

Poch is on track for 54pts which is close to over achievement for squad given to him, unless you are playing football manager on a play station

47 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Poch is on track for 54pts which is close to over achievement for squad given to him, unless you are playing football manager on a play station

I disagree , I think these players are better than they are being coached to be. A lot better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I disagree , I think these players are better than they are being coached to be. A lot better. 

Should Mr Jellyfish depart this summer, it will be interesting to see the caliber of coaches throwing their name in to the hat to coach the Billy Beane squad

I have this nightmare that Jesse Marsch fits the owners remit for the next coach 🤪

• Like 1