JaneB

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Fulham win

This poll is closed to new votes

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Fulham at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30 hours on Saturday, 13th January 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on TNT Sports)

9 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

IMG-20240101-WA0019.thumb.jpg.c09e3734460077fe96f81093dac00a1b.jpg

European places within touching distance now. 

It doesn’t look quite as doom and gloom as it feels does it. Newcastle have plummeted down the league in recent weeks and Man Utd are somehow way above where they should be based on quality.

We still need to improve and get some consistency though, otherwise we won’t end up much higher than where we are.

One step at a time. I putting aside the wish for everyone above us to draw and am hoping for a Brighton win tonight so that both they and West Ham are only four points above us. 

18 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

One step at a time. I putting aside the wish for everyone above us to draw and am hoping for a Brighton win tonight so that both they and West Ham are only four points above us. 

Wouldn't a draw tonight be much better for us?

10 hours ago, Sciatika said:

A win for Brighton would put them both on 33 making two teams we can catch up rather than one.

I think we see it differently. A draw is a two point loss for both teams. We won and will gain 2 points on both of them 😁

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, asvaberg said:

I think we see it differently. A draw is a two point loss for both teams. We won and will gain 2 points on both of them 😁

I thought we might need to overtake both Brighton AND West Ham, so having both of them on 33 would be better than having one on 34. But you are right - fewer points is better. The possibility of overtaking Newcastle, Brighton AND Man Utd in the next round is amazing. Unlikely, but amazing.

6 West Ham 20 3 34

7 Brighton 20 5 31

8 Man Utd 20 -5 31
9 Newcastle 20 10 29
10 Chelsea 20 3 28

Newcastle have Man City(H), Brighton have Wolves(H), and Man Utd have Spurs(H). We would have to win by three, and the ones above us lose. It's not impossible.

BTW, Man Utd have a difficult sequence of fixtures coming up. Spurs(H), Wolves(A), West Ham(H), Villa(A), Luton(A) and Man City(A) are on the horizon. ETH might be under a lot of pressure if they don't get a few results. However, I doubt hs removal will make that much difference.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2024 at 02:07, chiswickblue said:

7th would be an amazing result from where we are now, and playing EL/ECL next season would be great for a young squad. We won't be ready for the CL next season at least. 

I agree, I think getting into either of those next seasons would be a really good result for us this season and would probably start to settle some nerves amongst fans and around the club.

Personally, I've started to calm down on pressing the panic button now (that could all change if we go on a run of horrible results), because I'm starting to see improvement in players and I'm seeing unity amongst the players that tells me they're starting to settle and gel as a squad. A really long way to go before we get back, but it could actually be quite an exciting ride!

Maybe I'm just in the acceptance stage of grief!

• Like 1

On 04/01/2024 at 02:07, chiswickblue said:

7th would be an amazing result from where we are now, and playing EL/ECL next season would be great for a young squad. We won't be ready for the CL next season at least. 

I'd much rather miss out on the ECL. 

Too embarrassing. 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Well that’s that then. Who’s going to get the reds? My guess is Palmer and Gusto.

Personally I’d go for Sterling - Two yellows the first one for simulation and then 20 seconds after the first getting a second for daring to speak. 

Next would be the coach, he’d also get a first yellow for simulation also - simulating a competent football coach and a second yellow for arguing that he actually is.

Edited by east lower
  • Haha 3