Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Fulham win

This poll is closed to new votes

14 hours ago, east lower said:

Personally I’d go for Sterling - Two yellows the first one for simulation and then 20 seconds after the first getting a second for daring to speak. 

Next would be the coach, he’d also get a first yellow for simulation also - simulating a competent football coach and a second yellow for arguing that he actually is.

I wonder if he will give us soft penalties like he recently did for United and Liverpool, when the opposition's sock brushed the players leg?

Or will he not a give a penalty even when their GK tries to decapitate one of our players, and wait for VAR to bail him out ?

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I wonder if he will give us soft penalties like he recently did for United and Liverpool, when the opposition's sock brushed the players leg?

Or will he not a give a penalty even when their GK tries to decapitate one of our players, and wait for VAR to bail him out ?

I hate to be that guy again but the last four (IIRC) penalties we've been given have been given by VAR after the Referee "failed to see them" (on purpose) 

It's not just Taylor it's institutionalised gerrymandering of results . 

I saw the Liverpool equaliser last night and there were two occasions in the build up where had we been dishing out robust challenges like Liverpool did (neither were terrible) we'd have been penalised , I'm not saying Liverpool should have been rather that neither should we be and we routinely are, 

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I hate to be that guy again but the last four (IIRC) penalties we've been given have been given by VAR after the Referee "failed to see them" (on purpose) 

It's not just Taylor it's institutionalised gerrymandering of results . 

I saw the Liverpool equaliser last night and there were two occasions in the build up where had we been dishing out robust challenges like Liverpool did (neither were terrible) we'd have been penalised , I'm not saying Liverpool should have been rather that neither should we be and we routinely are, 

And it’s replayed over and over in the media, screeching for punishment 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

In reverse chronological order :

Madueke foul v Palace. VAR

Mudryk foul v BHA. VAR

Broja foul v City. Given in real time

Enzo fouled v Spurs. VAR

Arsenal handball. VAR

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Two hopes probably:

1. None
  2. Bob (and he left the building some time ago)
  • Haha 1

On a positive note if we win we could potentially leapfrog Newcastle and Manure given their fixtures. Brighton too but they should get something against Wolves. Surely that should motivate the players as well as encourage the manager to go for the throat. At the moment we play with 80% posession then when we find an opening we just play the ball backwards again. Yet another opportunity to improve our lot. Mid table mediocrity is heller frustrating ain't it?

56 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

On a positive note if we win we could potentially leapfrog Newcastle and Manure given their fixtures. Brighton too but they should get something against Wolves. Surely that should motivate the players as well as encourage the manager to go for the throat. At the moment we play with 80% posession then when we find an opening we just play the ball backwards again. Yet another opportunity to improve our lot. Mid table mediocrity is heller frustrating ain't it?

I share your optimism 😁

21 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Well that’s that then. Who’s going to get the reds? My guess is Palmer and Gusto.

Hmm..I go for our keeper...gets a yellow for shouting at his defence then another for looking incredulously at the Ref...if Alfie plays a red for daring to tackle and touching the oppo with his hand as he falls.....just part of the game as they say,,,Lose some ..Win some..oh wait......

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Seems like Nkunku is out for this match. Wasn’t in any of the training pics released by the club

My gut feeling is he'll be gone in the summer. He signed on for a completely different club and project to the one he'd eventually be involved in, and without any real investment in or connection to Chelsea I could see him leaving very quickly. He's too old to be hanging around years in the vague, likely vain, hope we get it together. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

My gut feeling is he'll be gone in the summer. He signed on for a completely different club and project to the one he'd eventually be involved in, and without any real investment in or connection to Chelsea I could see him leaving very quickly. He's too old to be hanging around years in the vague, likely vain, hope we get it together. 

He’d still be a saleable asset as he’ll not have a tarnished playing reputation, mostly because he’s not likely to have played given how things have transpired as regards injuries.

One of the only things that the gang of three and the owners seem good at is buying footballers who don’t play football anymore. Top of the league for that.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, east lower said:

He’d still be a saleable asset as he’ll not have a tarnished playing reputation, mostly because he’s not likely to have played given how things have transpired as regards injuries.

One of the only things that the gang of three and the owners seem good at is buying footballers who don’t play football anymore. Top of the league for that.

Smart thinking. 

You can't be tarred with being a bad player if you never play. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Congratulations!

Hope Mum is OK , any ideas on what she's going to be called? 

Elif İris. Elif is the Turkish pronunciation of the Arabic character Alif, which is cognate with the Greek letter Alpha. The character looks like this:

image.thumb.png.8068bd6281068e1ccab2b810ca129261.png

It's associated with first and it has a holy meaning as the first letter of the Kuran (although I'm Atheist myself, I find the holy meaning interesting and meaningful). 

Also it is a female name because of the shape of the character being slender, slim, beautiful etc. 

İris is from the Ancient Greek goddess of the rainbow. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

My daughter is born everyone. Future Chelsea women's striker in the making!!! 

Congrats to you and your missus - now the hard work begins! I'll be at Kingsmeadow on Sunday - should I ask Emma to put her down for a place in the under 10s (days)? Love the name!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Elif İris. Elif is the Turkish pronunciation of the Arabic character Alif, which is cognate with the Greek letter Alpha. The character looks like this:

image.thumb.png.8068bd6281068e1ccab2b810ca129261.png

It's associated with first and it has a holy meaning as the first letter of the Kuran (although I'm Atheist myself, I find the holy meaning interesting and meaningful). 

Also it is a female name because of the shape of the character being slender, slim, beautiful etc. 

İris is from the Ancient Greek goddess of the rainbow. 

Lovely name mate , well done to you and Mum 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

My daughter is born everyone. Future Chelsea women's striker in the making!!! 

Aww many congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter 🧡

And well done Mrs CM!!!  I know how hard it is!!!

• Love 1