Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • AFC Bournemouth win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/24 at 14:00

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against AFC Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00 hours on Sunday, 19th May 2024 (Local UK time/date)

19 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We may be as well if we don't get the result tomorrow night.

That's the spirit!

The only way we will have zero to play for is if we lose and Newcastle beat man utd

Posted (edited)

I hope Sky pick our game as the 3rd game for TV, but I have a feeling it's going to be Liverpool.

Our game would surely make the most sense though. Battle for a Europa place and we are at home, whereas our rivals for Europa are playing away.

CL is done and relegation is done.

Last season 4 games were shown on the last day, so hopefully that is a good sign for us.

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

6 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I hope Sky pick our game as the 3rd game for TV, but I have a feeling it's going to be Liverpool.

Our game would surely make the most sense though. Battle for a Europa place and we are at home, whereas our rivals for Europa are playing away.

CL is done and relegation is done.

Last season 4 games were shown on the last day, so hopefully that is a good sign for us.

How could Sky miss King Klopp's last game at Anfield? I have no doubt SKY will start the programme on Friday morning

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

How could Sky miss King Klopp's last game at Anfield? I have no doubt SKY will start the programme on Friday morning

when is the minute's silence?

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

They're toning down the coverage to a whisker below the Queens Funeral even though it's more important 

• Haha 3

• JaneB changed the title to Chelsea vs AFC Bournemouth

Had to sell my ST seat for this as I'm away running a half marathon in Bristol. I always dislike missing the last home game of the season, no matter how underwhelming a season has been. Would have liked to be there for Silva's (and Gallagher's?) goodbye.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

IMG-20240515-WA0012.thumb.jpg.49ddf81ac7392f908ae393a37a6cbbe8.jpg

Newcastle not shown, even though they are in a race for Europe. Liverpool are in no race at all.

I imagine the build up to the title decider will all be about Klopp. Gross and I hate it.

• Angry 1

I would be OK with that if they didn't mention anything to do with LFC on the other channels, but sadly, that won't happen. At least it provides material for the 4-hour Summer special on the Klopps time, how his tenure was an extension of the famous Liverpool boot room and how the new manager was a childhood Liverpool fan who idolised Ian Rush. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Sciatika said:

I would be OK with that if they didn't mention anything to do with LFC on the other channels, but sadly, that won't happen. At least it provides material for the 4-hour Summer special on the Klopps time, how his tenure was an extension of the famous Liverpool boot room and how the new manager was a childhood Liverpool fan who idolised Ian Rush. 

We know this is exactly what is going to happen don't we ? 

One team that win very little but dominate everything because nobody likes getting their windows bricked 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

We know this is exactly what is going to happen don't we ? 

One team that win very little but dominate everything because nobody likes getting their windows bricked 

This is what baffles me the most, he actually hasn’t won that much. He has improved them, clearly, but when you hear some of the names he gets compared to, it’s embarrassing. A top manager, no doubt, but the coverage is pathetic as ultimately he’ll go down as the manager who ‘took Man City close’ the most times.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

This is what baffles me the most, he actually hasn’t won that much. He has improved them, clearly, but when you hear some of the names he gets compared to, it’s embarrassing. A top manager, no doubt, but the coverage is pathetic as ultimately he’ll go down as the manager who ‘took Man City close’ the most times.

And he's the most churlish , miserable , moaning , asshat the game has seen , moans about everything , sees fault with everyone else and his team are always hard done by he's really bought into the myth and it is a myth of victimhood

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Agreed. Yes height of what he did came in 18-20. We are 4 years on.

In the reverse fixture between Spurs and Sheffield United at White Hart Lane, Sheffield were 1-0 up at full time. Spurs were given 12(!) minutes of injury time and won with 90+8 and 90+10 goals from Richarlison and Kulusevsky (sp?). Wouldn't it be nice if Sheffield got their revenge?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Newcastle not shown, even though they are in a race for Europe. Liverpool are in no race at all.

I imagine the build up to the title decider will all be about Klopp. Gross and I hate it.

Ridiculous really. Showing a dead rubber over a game that has something riding on it, because.............Hilsborough and the injustice. 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Ridiculous really. Showing a dead rubber over a game that has something riding on it, because.............Hilsborough and the injustice. 

It truly is baffling isn't it. Palace-Newcastle is a much more interesting game with the way Palace have been playing as well as the Newcastle European chase.

Sky being Sky.